Who Is Your Favorite Olympic Team?

Gugny

Hi guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the Olympics are on, do you always root, root, root for the home team???  Do you ever root for a country that is not the country you live in????????????

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Certainly the USA always. If the USA is eliminated, depends who’s left.  I’ll root for Canada and Poland, Spain and Italy, Mexico, Brazil, and others too, so long as they’re not playing against us.  (Hardly ever for France! ?)

I guess it all depends on who’s playing who.

Edited by The Senator

1 minute ago, teef said:

is it wrong that i hate the olympics?  i try every couple of years to show interest, but 15 minutes in, i'm sick of it.

Well ... I mean ... you hate mulch.  And Asians.  So I guess this makes sense.

I dont really root for USA.  I just feel like we have so much infrastructure and money spent on leisure activities and specialization, some of these athletes should be expected to win.  Thats no fun.  Against other 'superpowers' like Russia and China, sure, Ill root for them.

World Cup, I do root for the USA though because we are the underdog.

36 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well ... I mean ... you hate mulch.  And Asians.  So I guess this makes sense.

well i do hate mulch, and i don't hate asians, but i still hate the olympics.  i think it really just comes down to how people feel about the person formally known as bruce jenner.

Edited by teef

I definitely miss the good old days and having the USSR around as the evil villain to despise in Olympic competition. 

Hating on Russia and China now are acceptable substitutes, but still not quite the same.

If an American athlete isn't involved in what I'm watching, I tend to cheer for the hottest athlete if it's a female sport and that is applicable, the underdog, or the Italian team/entrant if applicable.  Sometimes 1 athlete qualifies for all three categories!  Then you really have a winner to cheer for.

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I definitely miss the good old days and having the USSR around as the evil villain to despise in Olympic competition. 

Hating on Russia and China now are acceptable substitutes, but still not quite the same.

If an American athlete isn't involved in what I'm watching, I tend to cheer for the hottest athlete if it's a female sport and that is applicable, the underdog, or the Italian team/entrant if applicable.  Sometimes 1 athlete qualifies for all three categories!  Then you really have a winner to cheer for.

The (N) Koreans are very bad at cheating lately.   

So I tend to root against them 

I would like to "add" to this thread if I may.  Your perogative @Gugny or just tell me to shut the hell up.

Do you laugh when figure skaters fall?

I rooted for Torvill & Dean, they represented England.  I still would have laughed if they fell.  But, heck, they were already on the ice much of their skate. Bolero was a hell of a number.  And yes, I am pro-ice flopping (laying all over ice during routine)... But it sure lessens the chance of a fall.

14 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I would like to "add" to this thread if I may.  Your perogative @Gugny or just tell me to shut the hell up.

Do you laugh when figure skaters fall?

I rooted for Torvill & Dean, they represented England.  I still would have laughed if they fell.  But, heck, they were already on the ice much of their skate. Bolero was a hell of a number.  And yes, I am pro-ice flopping (laying all over ice during routine)... But it sure lessens the chance of a fall.

I don't think I ever laugh.  I usually feel terrible.  They prepare so long and hard for their moment and it's, pretty much, be perfect or lose.  The longer the routines go, the more nervous I get for them.