Who Is Your Favorite Olympic Team?

Gugny

14 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I get a Canadian tv station on my cable.  I like their coverage better than the NBC nonsense.  I sometimes find myself watching the Canadian channel and rooting for the Canadian athletes.  

One of their commentators is Sara Clara Hughes who won medals in bicycle and speed skating.  Dual sport, winter and summer. Pretty cool. 

the Canadian coverage is a million time better than the NBC hi-lites package coverage, and the French stations cover something counterintuitive to add to the mix usually

we need all the help we can get up here...  :D

3 hours ago, Steve O said:

While I agree with everything you say, the rest of the world has earned the right to play the USA's best in basketball as it became clear that our amateurs were not capable of consistently defeating other countries' professionals.

I understand why they do it. It's not a moral opposition, so much as it's much more fun to watch people who look at Olympic Gold as their top achievement. Team USA essentially looks at it as a cool thing to add to their shelf and a two week vacation. 

3 hours ago, Steve O said:

While I agree with everything you say, the rest of the world has earned the right to play the USA's best in basketball as it became clear that our amateurs were not capable of consistently defeating other countries' professionals.

winning 120-35 and elbowing a guy in the head from a country that we send UNICEF pennies to was beyond the pale