TSW Mock Draft 3.0 Final - Completed

Virgil

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Question, why did you feel you had to jump to 12 to get him?  The only team that might take him would have been the Bills at 15, even that's far from a done deal. 

I'd also think Marquise Brown would be the better fit for them.  But that's just my opinion

I actually originally tried to trade to 11 because I thought the Packers would want him. But once they put it out there that they wanted to trade down I jumped on it. I see the Dolphins, Bills, Panthers, and Giants as potential landing spots for Metcalf. For me the elite talent is worth an extra 2nd and 4th, especially since I have the extra 3rd available from the Antonio Brown trade.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I actually originally tried to trade to 11 because I thought the Packers would want him. But once they put it out there that they wanted to trade down I jumped on it. I see the Dolphins, Bills, Panthers, and Giants as potential landing spots for Metcalf. For me the elite talent is worth an extra 2nd and 4th, especially since I have the extra 3rd available from the Antonio Brown trade.

I considered it for the Packers. But then I read that they haven't spent a 1st round pick on a WR in 17 years and haven't drafted one in the top 50 picks in 11 years. Since I'm trying to represent what I think the Packers would really do, I figured that WR wasn't the right move for me. There are two other players that I really liked here, and I ALMOST turned down the trade to take one of them. In the end, I felt the value of the trade was too good to pass up. A win-win for both teams.

No bites on a trade down. The dolphins are in rebuild mode and will pass on a QB here. All 3 of the Clemson lineman are still available. Wilkins will fit the New England south defense.

The Dolphins select Christian Wilkins DT/DE Clemson.

5 minutes ago, turftoe said:

No bites on a trade down. The dolphins are in rebuild mode and will pass on a QB here. All 3 of the Clemson lineman are still available. Wilkins will fit the New England south defense.

The Dolphins select Christian Wilkins DT/DE Clemson.

Damn you.  Good pick

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

With the 12th overall pick the Steelers select DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss. James Washington was a disappointment last year, and Smith-Schuster is a great #2 but hasn't really flashed #1 ability. Roethlisberger's window to win another Super Bowl is closing so we're going with the elite physical talent to hopefully pick up the slack left by the Antonio Brown trade.

@turftoe and the Dolphins are on the clock.

Solid move, although I would be upset on draft day

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Question, why did you feel you had to jump to 12 to get him?  The only team that might take him would have been the Bills at 15, even that's far from a done deal. 

I'd also think Marquise Brown would be the better fit for them.  But that's just my opinion

Dolphins and Bills both need a WR. Even Green Bay could use him.

Looks like we could get Hockenson or Fant at 15, that is really good value.

Perfect. Now that everyone has a break for the rest of the night. Sit back, take a look at your boards and try and realize if you are going to get your guy by trading up with the G-Men of New York. We are still heading out trade offers at this time and look forward to making negotiations going forward 

With the 14th pick, the Falcons select Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State.  The Falcons are excited to get what they consider a top-10 talent and elite rusher at 14, and put pressure on Drew Brees in the Falcon's quest to win a SB in the Matt Ryan era.  @Virgil and @BuffaloHokie13 and all of us...the Buffalo Bills, are now on the clock.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

Poll is up. 

Considering Hock is still there and we got an extra 2nd round pick, I think that was a great deal. Having Sweat and Wilkinson go right before us took away some nice options though. 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

No trade back option again? More picks could be good 

At this point, we have 2 2nd’s and a 3rd.  We only have so many open spots.  If anything, we may try trading back up.  

With a TE there and two quality offensive lineman, staying put seems the choice