TSW Mock Draft 3.0 Final - Completed

Virgil

Just now, Virgil said:

At this point, we have 2 2nd’s and a 3rd.  We only have so many open spots.  If anything, we may try trading back up.  

With a TE there and two quality offensive lineman, staying put seems the choice 

Don’t you think you should even offer it tho? 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

@Virgil

How is Marquise Brown a poll choice for Bills (doesnt really fit what we need at WR) and not N'Keal Harry who they have actually had a visit with?  I think you should add Harry here or swap him into Browns slot.  

He’s added.  I didn’t originally because he’s not projected anywhere near value at 15. 

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

As good as Hockenson is, I went with Taylor, that is a great value at 15.

Agreed. I went with Hock, but think they would go Taylor. 

Either way, I love the value 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Virgil said:

He’s added.  I didn’t originally because he’s not projected anywhere near value at 15. 

Agreed. I went with Hock, but think they would go Taylor. 

Either way, I love the value 

Thats a fair point Virgil, and while Harry is frequently talked about as a first round pick, typically its in that 18-32 range in terms of the first.  I just think he would be a more likely pick for the Bills over Marquise Brown just in terms of fit into the current WR room.  

Honestly, now that you added Harry in (who I am pretty high on myself), I have a hard time choosing Harry over either Simmons or Hockenson.  So now I am torn hahaha.

8 minutes ago, billspro said:

As good as Hockenson is, I went with Taylor, that is a great value at 15.

I actually think they would go Dillard over Taylor personally.  Either is great value at 15, but I suspect Bills have more interest in Dillard.  

All that being said, some real tough choices here.  Hockenson is a great value here, but I suspect Bills are not going to go TE as early as some of us have been thinking.  Its a pretty deep class and all the TE prospects they have been linked to or showed interest are 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round guys.  Kroft is a good blocker, so they may look to find value later in a deep TE draft full of guys who have some playmaking skills.  

Simmons is a top 5 talent sitting there...Beane loves value, he will be hard to pass.  

I am pretty high on Harry, so I think he would get some consideration here if Beane is sold on him.  

Bills sitting in good situation here.  I seriously doubt Josh Jacobs or Marquise Brown have any shot at being selected here by the Bills though, but I get why they are a choice in the poll.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Okay

Thank you 

i get that there’s gonna be like 100 people wondering why this guy isn’t there or that guy. We can’t get a poll with everyone. I just think a trade back option for more picks is reasonable. 

As as far as Harry, I think a pick in the 1st round may happen. But probably not until the 20s or later. Maybe an early 2nd rounder. It would probably be a reach at this point. AJ Brown probably the same. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo86 said:

Wasn't Jawaan Taylor already drafted by the Jags @ 7?  

@Virgil

Ha, yeah he was...good catch.  

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

At this point, we have 2 2nd’s and a 3rd.  We only have so many open spots.  If anything, we may try trading back up.  

With a TE there and two quality offensive lineman, staying put seems the choice 

Agreed.  I think there is almost no chance we would trade back a 2nd time in the first.  Beane will start using some of the ammo he has to land an additional first rounder now and will look to land a big time prospect at 15 here with some good choices still on the board.  

I love this excercise because the moral of the story here is that you have to be careful how far you trade down if you do decide to trade down. There are something like 15-18 really good first rounders here and then a who,e bunch of guys who could go from anywhere between 18 and 50. 

I do think the Bills would consider a corner here as well. 

Why are people still picking Jawaan Taylor...hes NOT available, was taken at 7 by jags haha.  

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I love this excercise because the moral of the story here is that you have to be careful how far you trade down if you do decide to trade down. There are something like 15-18 really good first rounders here and then a who,e bunch of guys who could go from anywhere between 18 and 50. 

I do think the Bills would consider a corner here as well. 

I have a hard time seeing Bills take a corner with the 15th overall pick.  We are pretty deep at corner right now and there are some other studs on the board

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why are people still picking Jawaan Taylor...hes NOT available, was taken at 7 by jags haha.  

I have a hard time seeing Bills take a corner with the 15th overall pick.  We are pretty deep at corner right now and there are some other studs on the board

Outside of Hockenson, I don't think there are any studs left here. Maybe Fant or Ferrell. Dillard is going to be terrible imo. I think Murphy, Baker, Greedy, and Rock Ya Sin may all go in that 15-30 range so we aren't that far from value there. My board at this point would be Hock, Murphy, Ferrel. And I don't have a board. Just imaginary in my mind lol. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

@Virgil

Ha, yeah he was...good catch.  

Agreed.  I think there is almost no chance we would trade back a 2nd time in the first.  Beane will start using some of the ammo he has to land an additional first rounder now and will look to land a big time prospect at 15 here with some good choices still on the board.  

That all depends on who’s there and how many spots they move down really. No way to tell unless there’s a sure fire guy they definitely want in that spot and fee may be gone. Possibly just a few picks later. I’m the only one that picked it so I’m the minority here. But if it’s me. With this group right here, I’m moving back and picking up extra picks. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Outside of Hockenson, I don't think there are any studs left here. Maybe Fant or Ferrell. Dillard is going to be terrible imo. I think Murphy, Baker, Greedy, and Rock Ya Sin may all go in that 15-30 range so we aren't that far from value there. My board at this point would be Hock, Murphy, Ferrel. And I don't have a board. Just imaginary in my mind lol. 

I do think more of Dillard than you do, but I think Ferrell, Hockenson, Dillard, and Simmons are all great prospects.  I also really am high on Harry too.  

Personally, I have a feeling in the real draft, Wilkins will be on the board here and he probably would be the pick.  But also would not shock me one bit to see them take Harry here.  I think WR is going to be an early target of Beane because the WR1 type prospects drop off fast to talented WRs that may be more complimentary, #2 type guys and we already have those.  I think Beane wants an Alpha and will find a way to get one in the first or 2nd round.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

I said he was awful last year and had awful/terrible decision making.  Which he was.  I never said he’s the worst QB, it he’s not someone I’d like to be MY qb. 

You’d be happy with him as your QB?  

If we didnt have Allen, I definitely would.  Murray is just an overrated prospect who lacks that it factor. I watched some tape and didnt see anything that says 1st overall.  If Rosen was in this draft I believe he would be the first QB off the board.

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

That all depends on who’s there and how many spots they move down really. No way to tell unless there’s a sure fire guy they definitely want in that spot and fee may be gone. Possibly just a few picks later. I’m the only one that picked it so I’m the minority here. But if it’s me. With this group right here, I’m moving back and picking up extra picks. 

If someone offered them another 3rd or 2nd to move back just a few spots...sure guess its possible.  Just seems more likely Beane will stay put here, plus someone needs to covet a player to trade up with us.  Not sure who is on the board that a team feels the need to give up picks thats also close enough to our draft slot to consider another trade back.

But hey, Beane loves value, so its always a possibility if the right offer is made of course.