TSW Mock Draft 3.0 Final - Completed

Virgil

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If someone offered them another 3rd or 2nd to move back just a few spots...sure guess its possible.  Just seems more likely Beane will stay put here, plus someone needs to covet a player to trade up with us.  Not sure who is on the board that a team feels the need to give up picks thats also close enough to our draft slot to consider another trade back.

But hey, Beane loves value, so its always a possibility if the right offer is made of course.  

Anyone interested in Hockenson, Fant, Simmons should be thinking about offering the Bills picks. 

Carolina could be looking anywhere. Truly BPA. Giants could go anywhere as well. Less likely for a TE but DT, DE, OL. And Minn needs just about anything as well. 

What I have learned from Virgil's mock drafts: The will of TSW's populous, if Quinnen Williams and Ed Oliver are not on the board, is overwhelmingly in favor of drafting TJ Hockenson. It's pretty darn clear at this point. Given that the Bills have literally NEVER had a truly dominant tight end, and given how much a great tight end helps a young QB, and given that we all just watched Gronk dominate the Bills for a whole decade...I can't say I blame 'em.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

What I have learned from Virgil's mock drafts: The will of TSW's populous, if Quinnen Williams and Ed Oliver are not on the board, is overwhelmingly in favor of drafting TJ Hockenson. It's pretty darn clear at this point. Given that the Bills have literally NEVER had a truly dominant tight end, and given how much a great tight end helps a young QB, and given that we all just watched Gronk dominate the Bills for a whole decade...I can't say I blame 'em.

Nope. And it would be awesome if we did. 

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

If we didnt have Allen, I definitely would.  Murray is just an overrated prospect who lacks that it factor. I watched some tape and didnt see anything that says 1st overall.  If Rosen was in this draft I believe he would be the first QB off the board.

I’m with you regarding Rosen.  I really have no idea which I’d prefer though.  While I don’t love Murray, there’s a lot to love.  His arm talent is underrated and his legs are among the best ever. His physique is thick and he doesn’t take big hits.  I think he has a real shot to be special.  He came out of nowhere to win the heisman and completely has the “it” factor, minus his communication skills (the little that I’ve seen.

if you’d be happy with Carr, you’d be fired within 5 years, unless you were on the Bengals.  You’d buy yourself an extra 5 years because average is just fine for the Bengals.  Enjoy watching Carr have an Andy Dalton type career.  Too good to push you to replace him quickly.  While not good enough to win you a super bowl....or a playoff game.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’m with you regarding Rosen.  I really have no idea which I’d prefer though.  While I don’t love Murray, there’s a lot to love.  His arm talent is underrated and his legs are among the best ever. His physique is thick and he doesn’t take big hits.  I think he has a real shot to be special.  He came out of nowhere to win the heisman and completely has the “it” factor, minus his communication skills (the little that I’ve seen.

if you’d be happy with Carr, you’d be fired within 5 years, unless you were on the Bengals.  You’d buy yourself an extra 5 years because average is just fine for the Bengals.  Enjoy watching Carr have an Andy Dalton type career.  Too good to push you to replace him quickly.  While not good enough to win you a super bowl....or a playoff game.

Or you could wait for a Mahomes to come along.

With All this trade back talk, you have to realize you need a team to want to move up.  We cant force a trade b/c we said so in a poll.  If there were offers then that should be up on the poll not just trade back.  But at this spot I would say hock or Simmons and it looks like hock.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had no idea i was involved in this mock until I saw my name. One moment please. 

Panthers will take Brian Burns, DE, FSU

did I do this right?

Pretty much nailed it. Formatting and all. 

You were in the first one and thought you said you wanted to be in the final. 

@mrags is on the clock

52 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Hock is not a sexy pick anymore but a good value at 15. Need best DE/DL available with next pick. IF he becomes a stud TE like Kelce/Gronk/Ertz we would love this pick for many years.

I really like Daniel Jeremiah's stuff and thoughts and I keep coming back to him having Hockenson as like the 4th or 5th best player in this draft. I think, if he went back to Iowa, he would definitely be a top ten player next year. I think he's a top ten player this year. If he turns out to be one of those guys, it will definitely be the sexiest of picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I really like Daniel Jeremiah's stuff and thoughts and I keep coming back to him having Hockenson as like the 4th or 5th best player in this draft. I think, if he went back to Iowa, he would definitely be a top ten player next year. I think he's a top ten player this year. If he turns out to be one of those guys, it will definitely be the sexiest of picks. 

My irrational fear is that I keep flashing back to Maxx Williams when he came out and how many people seemed to love him.  I am hoping that if we draft Hock in the 1st round, he is the real deal because I have always wanted the Bills to have a legitimate #1 TE.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Or you could wait for a Mahomes to come along.

My motto is:  if you don’t have a great QB, keep trying until you get one.  Settling for QBs that might be able to get you into the playoffs is the worst thing you can do.  Be the Bengals with Andy dalton.  

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had no idea i was involved in this mock until I saw my name. One moment please. 

did I do this right?

that's a great pick for Carolina.  Also funny you didn't know you were in the draft.  ;)

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I actually think they would go Dillard over Taylor personally.  Either is great value at 15, but I suspect Bills have more interest in Dillard.  

All that being said, some real tough choices here.  Hockenson is a great value here, but I suspect Bills are not going to go TE as early as some of us have been thinking.  Its a pretty deep class and all the TE prospects they have been linked to or showed interest are 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round guys.  Kroft is a good blocker, so they may look to find value later in a deep TE draft full of guys who have some playmaking skills.  

Simmons is a top 5 talent sitting there...Beane loves value, he will be hard to pass.  

I am pretty high on Harry, so I think he would get some consideration here if Beane is sold on him.  

Bills sitting in good situation here.  I seriously doubt Josh Jacobs or Marquise Brown have any shot at being selected here by the Bills though, but I get why they are a choice in the poll.  

I'd agree with this.  I think the Bills here would go Dillard (best pass blocker in the draft); Simmons (tremendous value, and then get a DL such as Wise or Slayton later); then Hock.   I envision the Bills going TE and WR later in the draft.  Both are very deep.  There is no one near Dillard in the 2nd round, IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

did I do this right?

Didn’t even know you were in the draft and yet you manage to steal my pick. 

The Giants are on the clock and a. Spring trade offers. Hit us up. 

Edited by mrags

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My motto is:  if you don’t have a great QB, keep trying until you get one.  Settling for QBs that might be able to get you into the playoffs is the worst thing you can do.  Be the Bengals with Andy dalton.  

So JP Losman and EJ were acceptable in your eyes.  You take the guy that has the potential.  Mighty mouse does not IMO.  I used to think EJs fall was the result of coaching decisions but came to realize as I watched Allen and Mayfield last season that EJ was missing the intangibles. 

Leadership and the will to win are very big in team sports.  Allen never had to answer questions about wether he was a leader because it was there to see.  Every guy that says they lead in different ways and by example has failed.  EJ said that and Murray says that.  Look how vocal Allen, Mahomes and Mayfield are.  Carr is at least a vocal leader.  Brady is definitely that.  Murray is not going to be as good as Carr.  If I had to take one of the QBs this year it would be Lock.  

If Oakland took Murray and I was The NYG Im offering a 2nd or 3rd for Carr without hesitation and laughing all the way to the bank.

Edited by formerlyofCtown