TSW Mock Draft 3.0 Final - Completed

Virgil

Just now, whatdrought said:

He’s off the board?

No.  We've already made that pick based off a poll.  For the sake of seeing different options, we are going to do something else.  We already know that if things play out like this, the members on here vote for Hock

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Explain where Metcalf plays?  With his size, speed, and lack of cone, doesn’t he need to be outside?  

You have Foster and Brown outside.  Beasley is a slot.  

I just don’t see a fit for him unless you don’t think Foster deserves to be outside 

Foster moves to backup and takes over from Brown in a year or too. He will still get lots of playing time. Those guys are going to need some breathers with running so many vertical routes.

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

He is a potential pick, I would include him.

Again, the point is to see the different options.  If I put Hock, we are more than likely going to get the exact same result as last time. 

Just now, RyanC883 said:

@Virgil How do we trade down.  Do the Bills start taking offers if Trade Down wins?  

Already have a trade offer out there to move back with the Redskins

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

How many guys can we have on the outside?  Maybe Foster falls off and sucks?  John Brown gets hurt?  I think we already have 2 solid outside guys.   

We do but Metcalf is better than both of them 

Just now, Virgil said:

Again, the point is to see the different options.  If I put Hock, we are more than likely going to get the exact same result as last time. 

I'm torn on this. 

On the one hand, I get why you're doing what you're doing.

On the other hand, if Hock is the clear cut choice amongst Bills fans, and given that most mock drafts don't include a "you can't pick such and such player here, even though he's available" proviso, well....

I don't know. Tough one. I'm good either way, but I see both sides of the argument.

Just now, billspro said:

We do but Metcalf is better than both of them 

Based off what?  

There’s no stats and crappy cone times to indicate otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I'm torn on this. 

On the one hand, I get why you're doing what you're doing.

On the other hand, if Hock is the clear cut choice amongst Bills fans, and given that most mock drafts don't include a "you can't pick such and such player here, even though he's available" proviso, well....

I don't know. Tough one. I'm good either way, but I see both sides of the argument.

Basically, I’m saying that we’ve already made that choice.  The members have said Hock is the choice in this situation.  He’s the winner. 

But for the sake of a plan B, we are going to see what that looks like 

• Like (+1) 2

Just saying...what if there is some substance to Gerald McCoy coming here? Would the Bills bank on him to rediscover himself for a few years? If he would be close to his old self? Perhaps free up a draft pick elsewhere?

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Based off what?  

There’s no stats and crappy cone times to indicate otherwise. 

Basically, I’m saying that we’ve already made that choice.  The members have said Hock is the choice in this situation.  He’s the winner. 

But for the sake of a plan B, we are going to see what that looks like 

Metcalfs stat line last year

4rec 81 yards 1TD

7rec 93 yards 1TD

2rec 92 yards 1TD

5rec 102 yards 1TD

3rec 37 yards

4rec 115 1 TD

injury early in the game

That is legit production in the SEC. If he doesn’t get injured he was on pace for 1100 yards and 10 TDs. I think he would have been a top three pick without the injury and we would be lucky to get him at 9. Same thing happened to Allen last year, if he had three more games on tape there is no way he makes it out of the top 5. 

I think the production narrative is false. The three cone time only matters if you have a bad coaching staff. He will not be successful in a West Coast type system but if you run go routes, slants, screens, hooks and ins (just like Calvin Johnson) he will be one of the best in the game. Corners will not be able to match his physicality all game. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Just saying...what if there is some substance to Gerald McCoy coming here? Would the Bills bank on him to rediscover himself for a few years? If he would be close to his old self? Perhaps free up a draft pick elsewhere?

I still think guys like Corey Luiget or Mo Wilkerson could be cheap free agent stopgaps at the three technique spot. Both are younger than McCoy but not as good. Luiget gives you elite run stopping and Mo has more length and pass rush ability. I don't think we are forced to take a three Tech, but if he's there you take Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yes. And he is the first choice we would make.  We’ve already proven that 

I think you made the right call taking Hockenson out of the poll. Variability keeps these things fun. The Bills also didn’t bring in any of the top 3 TEs so I think the probability is low we take that position early unless Fant falls to round 2.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I still think guys like Corey Luiget or Mo Wilkerson could be cheap free agent stopgaps at the three technique spot. Both are younger than McCoy but not as good. Luiget gives you elite run stopping and Mo has more length and pass rush ability. I don't think we are forced to take a three Tech, but if he's there you take Oliver. 

Completely agree, if you are not getting a difference maker at that position it is really easy to find a stop gap.

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yes. And he is the first choice we would make.  We’ve already proven that 

I guess we agree to disagree?.  I see this as what happens in this scenario, not we already tested that option.  In that methodology, no team should repeat.

If Hockenson was on the board, I would have gone him.  Since not, went Sweat as BPA in a position of need.

All things being equal, I hope Oliver falls on Thursday.