Who's everyone's baseball team?

Ice bowl 67

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Fisher Cats? Were the prices higher last year for the honor to watch Vlad Jr?

Nope. But Vlad gave the FCats such a big lead in the standings early, they coasted to a playoffs berth and won the EL.

I feel pretty lucky to have AA ball in our little burgh.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nope. But Vlad gave the FCats such a big lead in the standings early, they coasted to a playoffs berth and won the EL.

I remember them announcing that they won the championship while watching a late season Jays game, they had some really good 2nd generation MLBers on that roster

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

I remember them announcing that they won the championship while watching a late season Jays game, they had some really good 2nd generation MLBers on that roster

Many Jays have passed through Manch-vegas. Toronto had been the parent of this team since it moved here from New Haven in 2004.

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My favorite team is the local AA Eastern League affiliate of the Blue Jays. $14 sit where you want, $4 craft drafts on Thursdays.

Glens Falls had the White Sox AA team in the 80s.  I'd love to have a AA team now, but we've got a JUCO league.  If we had AA ball, I'd be there all the time.

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Johnny Damon made a damn good Yankee :ph34r:

I had a hard time rooting for Clemens and Boggs in pinstripes. 

Screw Johnny Damon.  Rocket Roger and Wade Boggs too.

Clemens was famous for 2 things - his childish temper tantrums, and throwing high heat at batters heads.

Boggs road off on a horse, looking like a horse’s ass.

(As always, JMHO ??)

5 hours ago, The Senator said:

Clemens was famous for 2 things - his childish temper tantrums, and throwing high heat at batters heads.

(As always, JMHO ??)

It is still absolutely unbelievable to me that Clemens threw a jagged broken barrel of a bat at Piazza and was not ejected. That was ***** up.

Edited by Turk71

10 hours ago, The Senator said:

(As always, JMHO ??)

4 hours ago, Turk71 said:

It is still absolutely unbelievable to me that Clemens threw a jagged broken barrel of a bat at Piazza and was not ejected. That was ***** up.

It was.  But not nearly as ***** up as throwing at his head was.  He's a complete piece of white trash.  Can't stand him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Senator said:

(As always, JMHO ??)

IMHO, you're batting .667 ?

i miss those days at Jays home games watching Clemens and Halladay get 4 inches of strike zone off both sides of the plate, and nobody said a peep

a firm biggie had seasons 5 rows behinds home plate at the Dome and gave me the pair all the time for free during a few dismal seasons, so i got to see the game as close as i ever will

22 hours ago, row_33 said:

my sympathies....

unless you saw Clemente and Stargell in their prime....

I was able to see Roberto 3X and Stargell 2X. 

Still have a hat from the 1979 team with a Stargell Star.

26 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

I was able to see Roberto 3X and Stargell 2X. 

Still have a hat from the 1979 team with a Stargell Star.

two of the greats, in every aspect possible, i usually wear a Pirates hat on scuffy days away from the rat race

5 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Been a Jays fan since I was a young lad, mid 80’s.

I actually sometimes come on the Brewers boards and ask how everyone is doing and how they think their squad will be doing the coming years.

Tell me you didn't give yourself a nasty salute every time Pillar knocked one out since his trade to Cali.

I told Row...people still talk about him here him B-low...some of his defensive outfield plays were Mays like.

I'm still not sure why some Jays fans wanted him gone...

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

two of the greats, in every aspect possible, i usually wear a Pirates hat on scuffy days away from the rat race

Not sure if this is fact or not...back in the day ,before Stargell's retirement,every NL team had a marking in their home stadium, to identify his farthest HR landing spot.Talk about respect.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Not sure if this is fact or not...back in the day ,before Stargell's retirement,every NL team had a marking in their home stadium, to identify his farthest HR landing spot.Talk about respect.

sadly I saw Pops late in 1981, the Dodgers were destroying them at 3 Rivers and he came in late for a pinch hit K and they booed him off the field

that's how it crumbles

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Tell me you didn't give yourself a nasty salute every time Pillar knocked one out since his trade to Cali.

I told Row...people still talk about him here him B-low...some of his defensive outfield plays were Mays like.

I'm still not sure why some Jays fans wanted him gone...

Most of the people I saw wanting him gone were because he was older and they have to sell off anyone older then 25 for the rebuild, and they thought he was overrated and not a good hitter. His defensive plays were because apparently he was a poor fielder and had to make diving catches cause of bad judgement on the ball and being late to get there on time. This is the same fan base that also wants to run out Stroman next because they think he has a cancerous attitude and is cocky......