Bills new workout facility

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

It's pretty clear that even if a downtown stadium is built, the facilities and offices(indoor practice dome, exercise facilities, offices and ticketing bldg, etc..), the Bills will continue to use this as their home base for everything but game day.

Agree. Also, the Southtowns lifestyle* and real estate is appealing to free agents--another factor to remain in Orchard Park.

* lifestyle.. these players can afford a landscaping service to plow the driveway and walks

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s not uncommon in other cities - Cleveland comes to mind (everything is in Berea but the stadium) I expect that as well. 

Other examples:

Yeah Redskins are big in NOVA, but play in MD.

The Caps practice in NOVA, but play in DC.

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Why would they build something like this if they are going to build a new stadium 

(I think it's awesome) just questioning the investment in a final life stadium

Many teams have Practice facilities and Admin HQ separate from game day stadium.  Bears, Browns, Redskins, Jets, come to mind immediately.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

While this would seem practical, it has some downsides. The Orchard Park location is far flung for many out of towners anttending the games, and even those in the heavily populated northtowns. There are few local businesses in the area to pick up extra customers on gamedays. Pretty much an economic wasteland in the general area around NEF. The stadium location has never been very good, and a new stadium there doesn’t change anything in that department. 

Say goodbye to training camp in Pittsford. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

It's pretty clear that even if a downtown stadium is built, the facilities and offices(indoor practice dome, exercise facilities, offices and ticketing bldg, etc..), the Bills will continue to use this as their home base for everything but game day.

We now have by far the best athletic performance facility in the NFL and one of the best ones anywhere in the world. I doubt Free Agents are going to be saying"I don't want to come to Buffalo" anymore after seeing that...I know Cole Beasley didn't...he specifically mentioned this as one of the ways Bufalo "takes a dump on" Dallas.

Edited by matter2003