Bills new workout facility

42 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah I know I was more adressing the part of your post that was either addressing someone else(made up strawman) or was just arguing against something he didn't say. I mean where in this post does he say Better Facilities=wins?

Are you sure because it seems more like:

1.Something positive happens.

2.People are happy/excited about.

3.You come in and say how that one thing doesn't mean they'll win like it wasn't obvious and how things have been bad for so long.

And then you just keep arguing with people.

This probably didn't help.

Then what is your solution? Do you want them to fire Bean and McDermot? Do you want them to sell the team to someone with more football knowledge? What actual solution do you have to the thing you're complaining about.

The solution is The Pegs have to get better at the most important part of team ownership.......the winning.

All fans can do about it is have an opinion.

You don't own the team.    And more broadly it says "Buffalo" in the name but it's not property of your area.   It's a privately owned multi-billion dollar mom and pop organization that's partnered up with 31 others in different towns.   That's the cold hard fact.    I'm cool with that........perhaps you need to suspend disbelief more and see The Pegs as infallible figures but I do not. 

The owners aren't going to get fired so you can't expect them to be as naturally reactive to their mistakes the way the employed McD and Beane have been(approx 1/4 of all HC are fired every year).   We have to hope for the best from them and their hires.    Hope and expect are not the same thing though.

Some of the better football organizations started out being run by bad football people.   The Steelers come to mind.  Art Rooney was a generous mess of a football man who ran a moribund franchise in Pittsburgh decades.........he was a blind squirrel who found a nut with Noll and Co. the same way Ralph did with Bill Polian........but his sons grew into great ownership and have sustained competitive football teams for decades since.    That's what you hope when you get ownership that aren't sports people by nature.

All we can do about it though is discuss it.   It's not off limits to be honest about the product they are putting out.   In fact that's the point of being here is to discuss the team.   

As for me just crapping on something positive happening..........no,  I responded to a poster who made a very broad statement about The Pegs............not specifically about the training facilities.    It's OK for people to be two different things............wanting to win and understanding how to win on the field of play are not the same thing.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

I see we are at it again tonight. I like differing opinions. Without them, it would be boring. It’s more about how one goes about it that matters. I’ve been told I’m a thin skinned, frail old man not capable of posting with the likes of some of you (OK, one of you).  Yet I didn’t have to block anyone, because I don’t really care what some people post. 

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When the Bills do win a title @BADOLBILZ can take the credit for not settling for mediocrity.

You LITERALLY just jumped into a thread to throw shade on Dion Dawkins on the first day of OTA's.:doh:    

You are hands down the Most Virulent Pessimist in the history of this board........best known as the guy who always finds a way to blame team failure on the fanbase he so despises........but also a sneaky player hater..........just generally the most negatively charged ion..........but I gotta' give much props to the man cave.:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

blob.png.146550e702d0eb617636e34d6d9b79d3.png

Christ ...  how a thread about this shiny new toy went off the rails. 

Right? 

I checked in because I wanted to see if there were any more pics posted of the new facility and had to scroll through 4 pages of whatever That was... 

lol

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/14/2019 at 11:24 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Says the boozer:beer: with twice as many posts as I.:lol:

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You, who haven't curled anything over 12 ounces since wine started coming in boxes?   

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If you are aware of eball's insatiable thirst for spirits the second line would have tipped you off that I was speaking directly to him.    

I'm no moderator, but I do believe this is the definition of badgering a fellow poster for no good reason.  I mean, if you're going to continue to insult me at least be funny.

I'm really sorry that you are likely stuck in a dead-end job with no true authority or control, so you use this board as your way of being "the man" who tells everyone the way it is.  Pretty sad, dude.  Most of us are just here for a few laughs and to discuss the Bills.  I hope your crusade against the Pegulas works out for ya, sport.

Edited by eball

On 4/12/2019 at 1:19 PM, Brian3488 said:

Man i would love to work there but I don't think they are hiring. I am a strength and condition coach, personal trainer and graduate in a year being doctorate of physical therapy. I want to run the program for the players.

Do what Beane did - be a unpaid intern for a year.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:23 PM, Jumpsuit Jim said:

If I remember the in depth Bills’ business plan that a previous poster slipped to me correctly, this renovation/construction is referred to as “Phase 1 Step 5: Moving To Batavia”.

That poster is in confinement with leroi if he has been taken out of solitary; he was making fraud calls on allowed calls.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:30 PM, RussellDopeland said:

Looks impressive. They also added a new weight room off of the visitor's locker room (in keeping with it's league-wide rep):

tumblr_inline_mh2irwHRiy1qh7d0b.jpg

They need to remodel it so they can hide the microphones like the P*ts.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:38 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i heard they were moving to Letchworth

You are thinking of Leroi and his buddy in office.

50 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

who needs hyperbaric and hyperbolic and cryogenic equipment.  

Break out the Richard Simmons: "Sweating to the Oldies" workout tape!!! 

I don't have a link, but I also read that they have a new hyperbole chamber that is simply the best one that has ever existed.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

who needs hyperbaric and hyperbolic and cryogenic equipment.  

Break out the Richard Simmons: "Sweating to the Oldies" workout tape!!! 

only if the Richard Simmons shorts are banned

One additional note that I hope doesn't get lost:

This is why I want my owner to be super rich.  

They are not going to make the same amount of money off this team the way other owners do with their teams, and therefore they are not going to have that extra income stream to pour back in the team.

Tired and gone are the days of having an owner (respectfully to hockey and Ralph) that has 80-90% of their worth tied up in the team.

I am likely in the minority, but I really don't want the Pegulas shelling out more than a billion dollars on a stadium...and then...well done, that's it, no more.  BTW, where is your $50,000 PSL Bills fans?

I'll always love this team, but maybe more importantly I want the players to love playing here and appreciate what they have because of the thought and care that went into the nice touches.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts