Full Intelligent Breakdown of DK Metcalf

Scorp83

On 3/18/2019 at 7:15 PM, Scorp83 said:

For most of us that want a little more insight... my guy Brett Kollmann lives for this draft stuff! He has a great breakdown on DK... not long...you won't be sitting around for 20-30mins but he gives good game film on DK game, 3 cone drill & lack of production. 

After watching this... I gotta tell you. He would be perfect for Allen! Can't wait to see the discussion on it.

Enjoy! ?

somehow we have to get Hockenson and Metcalf !!

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, the skycap said:

Two interesting mentions in there in Troy Williamson and Kevin White. Honestly, that's what scares me. The top ten is for high upside players and that is what Metcalf is. But he has a high bust probability that really scares me. I'd have to weigh that with what else is on the board at the time. I wouldn't hate the pick, I'd be excited but kind of scared at the same time. 

On 4/6/2019 at 2:04 AM, LSHMEAB said:

I wouldn't dislike DK at 9, but I disagree with the notion that the defense doesn't need upgrades/potential replacements, namely pass rushers.

The Bills were actually middle of the pack in the T.O.P category, so I don't believe that excuses the issues the defense had in the sack/red zone/turnover department. I think they're another pass rusher away from being "set."

I am really on the fence with this pick. I think DL is deep in this draft; however, a true impact DL player the Bills really need is probably not going to get out of the top 10. On the other hand, I think Beane would love to have a legitimate top receiving talent for Allen. I lean toward a real difference maker on the DL; but, like you, I wouldn't dislike Metcalf (particularly if he ever reaches anything close to his potential).

• Thank you (+1) 1

got dominated by LSU's Greedy Williams......every NFL team has at least one corner just as good as greedy

wasn't even the best WR on his own team.

WR has the highest first round bust rate.....there has been like +20 WR's taken in the first round over last 3-4 years.....very few are studs.

a WR who is poor at change of direction, no quickness is a huge red flag. ran a limited route tree....mainly go routes, all build up speed.

suffered two season ending injuries in 3 seasons (one a neck surgery). played in just 21 games

I am risk adverse in first round. no thanks on metcalf

4 hours ago, papazoid said:

got dominated by LSU's Greedy Williams......every NFL team has at least one corner just as good as greedy

WR has the highest first round bust rate.....there has been like +20 WR's taken in the first round over last 3-4 years.....very few are studs.

a WR who is poor at change of direction, no quickness is a huge red flag. ran a limited route tree....mainly go routes, all build up speed.

suffered two season ending injuries in 3 seasons (one a neck surgery). played in just 21 games

Great name for a guy that plays corner 

4 hours ago, papazoid said:

What's you definition of quickness?  Metcalf had one of the best 10 yards splits in the last 10 years?  He wont run many option routes out of the slot, but outside he can run the go, comeback, post, slant and deep in and be effective doing it.  His burst and speed shows up on screen. I'm concerned about the guys who are less explosive that didn't seperate in college.

Edited by Mat68

6 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

We need another slot receiver?

I think he can definitely play the outside. There was alot of stuff Ol Miss didn't ask alot of there players... they seemed to have kept them in certain roles & that was it. 

I hate coaches like that, cause that's not getting everything out of your players. You just have them stuck in 1 specific role instead of moving guy's around to find the mix match.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I think he can definitely play the outside. There was alot of stuff Ol Miss didn't ask alot of there players... they seemed to have kept them in certain roles & that was it. 

I hate coaches like that, cause that's not getting everything out of your players. You just have them stuck in 1 specific role instead of moving guy's around to find the mix match.

Sorry scorp

I read you said that earlier so I was just busting on you ?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, papazoid said:

Mike Evans was used this way in college...& flat out didn't run the 3 cone, neither did Julio...you know why? Because big WR's suck at the 3 cone drill! Doesn't mean they can't run a curl route... or a slant or a Post out/in ... Mike Evans had bad change of direction, but he isn't a slot man & nor is he used like a slot man. 

If the Bills draft DK... he won't be running Beasley routes...so I wouldn't worry about that ???

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Sorry scorp

I read you said that earlier so I was just busting on you ?

Oh no worries lol

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Mike Evans was used this way in college...& flat out didn't run the 3 cone, neither did Julio...you know why? Because big WR's suck at the 3 cone drill! Doesn't mean they can't run a curl route... or a slant or a Post out/in ... Mike Evans had bad change of direction, but he isn't a slot man & nor is he used like a slot man. 

If the Bills draft DK... he won't be running Beasley routes...so I wouldn't worry about that ???

Oh no worries lol

Btw

Dk had the same shuttle time as Hopkins

His 3 cone was 7+ sec, Julio was like 4.36

I'm a DK fan btw

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I am really on the fence with this pick. I think DL is deep in this draft; however, a true impact DL player the Bills really need is probably not going to get out of the top 10. On the other hand, I think Beane would love to have a legitimate top receiving talent for Allen. I lean toward a real difference maker on the DL; but, like you, I wouldn't dislike Metcalf (particularly if he ever reaches anything close to his potential).

I feel like there will be quite a few solid options in the 2nd and EVEN 3rd at WR. If they think Metcalf is going to an all pro, so be it. Not a fan of TE in the top 10 and much like receiver, there will be some interesting prospects in the 2nd/3rd or perhaps at the end of the first in a trade up.

It appears as though the BPA will be a defensive lineman and that's a good thing because it IS an area of need despite opinions to the contrary. As soon as you start thinking an entire side of the field is fine; suddenly, it's not. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/8/2019 at 5:49 AM, papazoid said:

A lot of biased takes in here to fit your narrative. 

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Julio's 3 cone was a 6.66

Sorry I got that and his 20 yard shuttle backwards

I think that was the 4.36

Thanks for not doing that at the table Karlos ?

Edited by SouthNYfan
  • Haha (+1) 1