REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

17 minutes ago, QCity said:

Probably 50+ pages arguing why this didn't happen.

Great week for this fan bases' inferiority complex :lol:

This is a legendary thread. It has all of the Bills fans' emotional range packed in one, super long, mostly off-topic thread.

Excitement, denial, disappointment, anger, relief, embarrassment... and more

• Like (+1) 1

Is it ok to just say F Antonio Brown forever and keep it moving?

I agree with the posters who wrote that we should find our own Antonio Brown through the draft instead of relying on someone else's groomed player... We never should have been in this situation where players "decide" they don't wanna play for us. 

It's hard not to feel disrespected honestly. Whether you wanted us to acquire Brown or not, the fact that a player who an organization is negotiating to acquire decides he doesn't want to play for them is disrespectful even though it's a "business".

I fully understand how the NFL is a business and that word business gets thrown around in the league and in other sports. But what gets me aggravated is that the players seemed to have forgotten what it took to get to the NFL. I doubt his parents said, you're gonna go to school and become an NFL player. Players forgot about having fun. It's not your typical "business" we're talking about when we talk about sports. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

What I would like to commend Beane for is not hanging onto this thing like a dog hangs onto the last part of a bone being ripped away from him........and not getting the focus turned around and hitting free agency/other trades hard.

They make a stab at it.....it didnt work out....onto the next player.....I dont care if AB is the best WR in the league now....I care about adding talent to this team......and maybe...JUST maybe when Josh Allen is throwing bombs to whoever we DO get and Antonio Brown is spirling out down the bunny hole as the years progress Brown looks back at what could have been for him.....but its all water off a ducks back now.

Next player please

I was kind of pissed he swung at this pitch to begin with, because there is a bit to much diva in AB for my taste. 

I get the idea of kicking the tires on a proven commodity. Still, I am glad he walked away from the deal.

And you are right, when the Bills do find that receiver who does fit our team needs (without creating a host of other issues), maybe then AB will be able to watch the highlights of that guy catching 60 yard bombs from Allen.

2 hours ago, jkirchofer said:

Yes, because we are the only team with cap space. Forgot about that. Gotta find folks to fit that locker room culture. I guess I should check the free agents to see what Carolina receivers are available. And by fine, I assume you mean 7-9, because that seems to be the gold standard at One Bills Drive.

With all due respect, that’s absolutely not what was meant by my post. Do you really think that someone like me who came of age with the Kelly led Bills (my avatar I know is cryptic on this point) is fine with heroic marches” to 7-9?? Please. 13-3 is more my thing. What I will do however, is give deferential benefit of the doubt to the first regime in a friggin generation that got us into the playoffs and have at least a long term plan in place and a promising young franchise QB to boot. That said, I think we both want to see the same thing this year—big steps forward on O. How we get there? Reasonable people can agree to disagree, that’s part of the fun, right?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

With all due respect, that’s absolutely not what was meant by my post. Do you really think that someone like me who came of age with the Kelly led Bills (my avatar I know is cryptic on this point) is fine with heroic marches” to 7-9?? Please. 13-3 is more my thing. What I will do however, is give deferential benefit of the doubt to the first regime in a friggin generation that got us into the playoffs and have at least a long term plan in place and a promising young franchise QB to boot. That said, I think we both want to see the same thing this year—big steps forward on O. How we get there? Reasonable people can agree to disagree, that’s part of the fun, right?

You are absolutely right, we both want this team to win and improve. As much as I think this is the best front office we have had in a very long time, I worry about their ability to evaluate talent on the offensive side of the ball. All problems with Antonio Brown aside, he is a known talent. You know what he is capable of and what he brings outside of the Bills.  At this point, I would rather pay for the known talent instead of trying to hit pay dirt in the draft, because let's be honest...Josh Allen, as much as we love him in Buffalo, remains a questionable pick. They have also done nothing outside of bring in former Panthers to improve the offense. They have to overpay at this point. They don't have the luxury of falling back on a winning or productive track record or being an attractive free agent landing spot. But, regardless, I remain a Bills fan for life just like the rest of you. Let's Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This will probably be very unpopular, but I think the only way to overcome the weather/small market impediments is to draft/acquire players with cache.

I know many fans my age don't like some of the younger fellas antics, but those kind of players will make Buffalo a more attractive free agent destination.

And I fully agree with the poster who cited the social media mockery of the situation potentially factoring into Brown's decision. Of course winning is the ultimate cure all, but winning requires talent. Every team needs a couple dirtbags and a couple characters.

22 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

You are absolutely right, we both want this team to win and improve. As much as I think this is the best front office we have had in a very long time, I worry about their ability to evaluate talent on the offensive side of the ball. All problems with Antonio Brown aside, he is a known talent. You know what he is capable of and what he brings outside of the Bills.  At this point, I would rather pay for the known talent instead of trying to hit pay dirt in the draft, because let's be honest...Josh Allen, as much as we love him in Buffalo, remains a questionable pick. They have also done nothing outside of bring in former Panthers to improve the offense. They have to overpay at this point. They don't have the luxury of falling back on a winning or productive track record or being an attractive free agent landing spot. But, regardless, I remain a Bills fan for life just like the rest of you. Let's Go Bills!

Yep. And that’s precisely the problem with him.

29 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I love Buffalo.

But..... guys like Shawn Merriman and Kyle Williams and LorAx are not gonna change this perception by tweeting.  Guys who are young, like Landon Collins, are laughing at memes about AB getting traded there.  35 year old dudes saying its not so bad ARE NOT reaching younger dudes.  They just aren't.  Shady is younger than them both, and closer in maturity to the young guys, was traded here in his prime and ACTIVELY RECRUITED GUYS, and we got...... no one.

It's time to face facts, like we do every time we have tremendous cap space every 4-5 years.  NFL. Players. Don't. Want. To. Come. Here.

The only way to seriously compete with the Rams or any other team in FA  is to have a great QB and a great team.  Period.  No amount of "Buffalo is so awesome!!!!" from JimKelly#1Fan is going to replace that.

Edited by BringBackOrton

11 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What do you know? Are you just saying things because you don't want the glass house you live in smashed because your idols don't hold true that same stuff you do?

Only one reporting differently is Rapsheet. What does this glass house stuff have to do with AB and the Bills rumors? Make some sense.