Calling it now: Zay Jones will not be on the week 1 roster.

Alphadawg7

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think we had a QB running with the 3’s last off season, it’s his offense now

Not that Williams is the same sitch, but early days, early days

To again be fair.... Allen probably should’ve been the starter from the get go. That he was behind peterman, well, we shouldn’t dwell on that example too much.

• Like (+1) 1

Well it looks like Zay has put in a lot of work during the offseason to get stronger.

He is healthy and taking WR1 snaps in OTAs.

He is continuing to build a foundation with Josh Allen.

If this trend continues and Beasley, Brown and Sills can't be go's for minicamp next month, I'd have to speculate that any thoughts that

Beane is considering trading him are diminishing.

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think we had a QB running with the 3’s last off season, it’s his offense now

Not that Williams is the same sitch, but early days, early days

No kidding. But right now I would consider Duke Williams a longshot to make the roster, and this thread is pumping him up as Jones's replacement. That isn't looking even remotely possible right now. I'm actually kind of fascinated by this WR group. Brown, Foster, and Jones could all conceivably start on the outside but I can't see us running a bunch of 4 WR sets. I guess there will be a heavy rotation there.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Should we wait till at least the pads come on before we give up on him ? 

I don’t remember R Foster  lighting it up in OTA’s last year  , 

True but Foster came in promising speed and separation. He had faults but he delivered on that promise. Williams comes in promising contested catch ability and he's dropping the ball, literally. Not a good start for someone that was already fighting an uphill battle.

Edited by HappyDays

This coaching staff LOVES that guy. I think he will remain on the Bills until his rookie deal is up, at the very least.  He really is the face of the type of layer the Mcdermots of the world love.  I think he took a big step last season. I expect him to be a solid dependable #2.   

It is looking like the original premise here may be slightly off target. There is obviously a lot of time between now and opening day but here is what Chris Brown just wrote:

One such playmaker has been Zay Jones, who made the lion’s share of the plays in the passing game Tuesday.

Allen found the third-year wideout three times during the team portions of practice. The first was a laser on the left side, that Jones managed to paw and control for a 10-yard gain. He later hit Jones running free on a blown coverage at the 10-yard line and Jones had plenty of room to reach the end zone. Finally, in red zone, Allen hit Jones on a short in route for a second TD.

7 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

It is looking like the original premise here may be slightly off target. There is obviously a lot of time between now and opening day but here is what Chris Brown just wrote:

One such playmaker has been Zay Jones, who made the lion’s share of the plays in the passing game Tuesday.

Allen found the third-year wideout three times during the team portions of practice. The first was a laser on the left side, that Jones managed to paw and control for a 10-yard gain. He later hit Jones running free on a blown coverage at the 10-yard line and Jones had plenty of room to reach the end zone. Finally, in red zone, Allen hit Jones on a short in route for a second TD.

It's almost like young players can improve with time!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Did anyone see that catch yesterday? Why did he bend double before catching it?

I did.  Apparently (loose quote) Zay should have adjusted more to the throw and not have made it so hard on himself" 

hard to see the ball when he hadn't turned back to look for it.    My guess is he was expecting it a bit deeper.  

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I did.  Apparently (loose quote) Zay should have adjusted more to the throw and not have made it so hard on himself" 

hard to see the ball when he hadn't turned back to look for it.    My guess is he was expecting it a bit deeper.  

If you try and catch like that against an NFL corner it is incomplete.

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

most likely it would be .... 

But this is practice here and a LOT of the plays we see would not be successful in a real game. 

Yet  ... if he catches it, he makes the  weeks High lite reels 

(can't we just roll with it?)  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To be fair, if Barkley throws a pass like that it is intercepted not incomplete. It looked to me like a bad pass, my uneducated guess is due to the wind. You could hear it blowing in the vids

2 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Who woulda thunk it?  There were more than a couple of people shouting "BUST" with the first dropped ball.

...some get the TBD bust label WITHOUT the "first chance"....must be instinct................

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, thetaxicabdriver said:

This coaching staff LOVES that guy. I think he will remain on the Bills until his rookie deal is up, at the very least.  He really is the face of the type of layer the Mcdermots of the world love.  I think he took a big step last season. I expect him to be a solid dependable #2.   

? That’s a helluva 2nd post! What does it mean??

btw, Welcome Aboard!