2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

D.K just ran his way into the top 5...

And I'm sad...?

Passes the Marvel Comics eye test and the kid is such a fluid effortless runner - deceptive does not cover it.

He has not hurt his stock at all.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

And yet Metcalf had 30 catches last year and averaged 3 receptions per game in the SEC...

To me, he's an athlete trying to play football right now 

You may choose to add Christian Wilkins to that list 

You are really all in on the anti-metcalf campaign. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

I think Gruden has to go pass rusher with the first of 3 picks

Just like when Al Davis couldn’t resist Heyward-Bey, so too Gruden won’t be able to resist Metcalf.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

I wouldn’t hate Metcalf, but I’m always hesitant about “shiny” over production. 

Me too.  He was on pace for over 1,000 yards and double digit touchdowns before his injjury last year though.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Just like when Al Davis couldn’t resist Heyward-Bey, so too Gruden won’t be able to resist Metcalf.

I find it hilarious that Gruden likely takes a pass rusher after trading away the best one in the league. Or a wide receiver, after trading away a darn good one. 

Edited by Bills2ref

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The questions that need to be asked are: "Did he get open?" and "Did he catch the ball when it came his direction?"

You can't downgrade him too much for not being targeted.

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

I find it hilarious that Gruden likely takes a pass rusher after trading away the best one in the league. Or a wide receiver, after trading away a darn good one. 

That’s the fun of creating holes; you get to fill them.?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, APoxOnYou said:

I really hope DK wont go to the Jets... He probably will. :(

I am all aboard the Metcalf train, have been for a while now. That being said, I think I would rather him go to the Jets than a guy like Josh Allen. I would rather game plan to shut down a WR than have our QB get plastered by a formidable pass rush. I feel its easier to double team a Metcalf than it is to keep a RB in the backfield to block Josh Allen from getting to Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

And yet Metcalf had 30 catches last year and averaged 3 receptions per game in the SEC...

To me, he's an athlete trying to play football right now 

You may choose to add Christian Wilkins to that list 

You forgot to mention that he was injured. Should go work for cnn or fox news.

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

I am all aboard the Metcalf train, have been for a while now. That being said, I think I would rather him go to the Jets than a guy like Josh Allen. I would rather game plan to shut down a WR than have our QB get plastered by a formidable pass rush. I feel its easier to double team a Metcalf than it is to keep a RB in the backfield to block Josh Allen from getting to Josh Allen. 

Take your point, but Robby Anderson is a pretty formidable WR in his own right. The Jets would definitely be a tough match-up in the pass game with Metcalf/Anderson at flanker.

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Not really.

I would need to convince myself that he's able to refine his route running and up his catch percentage if I'm talking him in the top 10.

I think he's an incredible athlete, and certainly has the potential to be a WR1, but I have serious reservations regarding why he didn't produce at Ole Miss.

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

You forgot to mention that he was injured. Should go work for cnn or fox news.

Thanks for getting political!

A smart poster might've noticed that I referenced his receptions PER GAME, which takes availability into account.

Seriously shocked at people getting upset about his lack of production being questioned.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not really.

I would need to convince myself that he's able to refine his route running and up his catch percentage if I'm talking him in the top 10.

I think he's an incredible athlete, and certainly has the potential to be a WR1, but I have serious reservations regarding why he didn't produce at Ole Miss.

Thanks for getting political!

A smart poster might've noticed that I referenced his receptions PER GAME, which takes availability into account.

Seriously shocked at people getting upset about his lack of production being questioned.

You said he had 30 receptions LAST YEAR like he played the entire year.

A smart poster knows what they wrote...