EJ and Sammy together again

YoloinOhio

19 hours ago, T master said:

EJ was a good team mate & a hard worker we all were hoping he could be turned into the player that Whaley made him out to be in his mind & probably a better coach wouldn't have hurt just saying !

I'm glad to see he is getting a chance to still do something that he loves !! 

I see this repeated over and over....so this makes it true?

The guy could not learn an NFL playbook.  That means his "hard work" was suspect...

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

You think he’ll start 17 games?

Of course not (in KC).  He's not the better QB (in KC).  And my point is that, obviously, Reid knows that Mahomes is the guy so there will be no competition .... and Reid  (not Ryan) wouldn't SAY there's going to be a "competition," when his mind has already been made.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I see this repeated over and over....so this makes it true?

The guy could not learn an NFL playbook.  That means his "hard work" was suspect...

I don't believe it was so much a matter of knowing the playbook as it was scanning the entire field; ie recognition. He just didn't process what he was seeing quickly enough. Not a stupid guy(28 wonderlic), but he just didn't have that ability.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s funny how people are dumping on EJ when he had a better rookie QB rating, more passing tds, and more passing yards/ game than future HOFer Josh Allen.  He also would be the highest rated QBs on our roster.  But what does Andy Reid know about offense???

keep getting those checks EJ!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s funny how people are dumping on EJ when he had a better rookie QB rating, more passing tds, and more passing yards/ game than future HOFer Josh Allen.  He also would be the highest rated QBs on our roster.  But what does Andy Reid know about offense???

keep getting those checks EJ!

Think about how many tryouts he got this past season after Chucky cut him before season started.   Not one team signed him .  Even San Fran who was in desperate need of QBs after Jimmy G went down did a hard pass .  Tells me a lot about how EJ is viewed.

19 hours ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I don't believe it was so much a matter of knowing the playbook as it was scanning the entire field; ie recognition. He just didn't process what he was seeing quickly enough. Not a stupid guy(28 wonderlic), but he just didn't have that ability.

It was widely reported that at FSU, they had to "dumb down' the playbook for him.  Then he gets to Buffalo and announces to the world that "The funny thing is it's easier to learn than the offense I had at Florida State".....and yet he failed running it.

If he's a bright guy and could not know the book well enough to understand where his secondary and tertiary receivers were, then he wasn't working hard enough on his craft.

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

Of course not (in KC).  He's not the better QB (in KC).  And my point is that, obviously, Reid knows that Mahomes is the guy so there will be no competition .... and Reid  (not Ryan) wouldn't SAY there's going to be a "competition," when his mind has already been made.

He hasn't been the better QB on any roster he's been on dating back to FSU.

On 2/23/2019 at 10:42 AM, IgotBILLStopay said:

Sammy Watkins had his best stretch with EJ at QB. He never really had a connection with Tyrod. Not at all a bad signing as a backup to Mahomes IMO.

What? EJ started 4 games of Sammy's rookie year and a few other games besides that. 

Sammy's best year was the 9 game stretch with Tyrod in his first year as a starter

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Think about how many tryouts he got this past season after Chucky cut him before season started.   Not one team signed him .  Even San Fran who was in desperate need of QBs after Jimmy G went down did a hard pass .  Tells me a lot about how EJ is viewed.

Or they signed guys in the middle of the season who were familiar with their offense.

but again, what does Andy Reid know about offense?  Clearly, Gruden was a much better judge of talent this year.  

16 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

vomit. twice.

He’s gotten farther in his career than you have in yours. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or they signed guys in the middle of the season who were familiar with their offense.

but again, what does Andy Reid know about offense?  Clearly, Gruden was a much better judge of talent this year.  

He’s gotten farther in his career than you have in yours. 

The King arrives and it’s better than I could have imagined!

• Haha (+1) 3