Inside Info (somewhat) - Kyler Murray

I was listening to the Pro Football Focus radio show on NFL Radio Sunday night and the two guys from PFF said it was a near certainty that Kyler Murray was going to be their #1 ranked QB going into the draft this year.

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I was listening to the Pro Football Focus radio show on NFL Radio Sunday night and the two guys from PFF said it was a near certainty that Kyler Murray was going to be their #1 ranked QB going into the draft this year.

That does seem to be the case. Albert Breer’s mmqb column has a bunch of quotes from nfl team execs saying how good he is but expressed concerns about the height. One said that he’s at least a second rounder, though, and because of that is sure to go in the first.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm the biggest Sooners fan in this place, and I'm telling you now, Kyler is at best 5'8".  Yes, he's as fast as advertised, but that doesn't mean squat when you're not running the Sooners's spread.

I can't believe he is even serious about the NFL.  He has to know it's something not meant for him.  Especially when he already has the MLB fame.  Just silly, IMO.

11 hours ago, 947 said:

Here's a pic of Murray with Antonio Brown & Hollywood Brown, who are both listed at 5'10". Murray is definitely shorter than both of them. If he measures 5'8", he'll lose some round 1 suitors.

34826652_219604585535038_439638502448037

Antonio brown has some white legs

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

I'm the biggest Sooners fan in this place, and I'm telling you now, Kyler is at best 5'8".  Yes, he's as fast as advertised, but that doesn't mean squat when you're not running the Sooners's spread.

I can't believe he is even serious about the NFL.  He has to know it's something not meant for him.  Especially when he already has the MLB fame.  Just silly, IMO.

Wow, OK. Btw, generally speaking; I learn more from die hard fans of a team than I do from media sources.

Murray can run, but he also appeared to me to have a very strong arm. In baseball one can have all the athletic ability in the world and not be able to hit major league pitching. I don't know anything about his hitting stats but if they are not great, I think that football is the smart move for him. His first contract will guarantee him 25 million or so, no?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Looking forward to running the ‘hide the midget’ play, and all the YouTube coverage he’ll get from that?

Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray said he will attend the NFL Combine next week, but he hasn't decided if he will participate in any of the drills, he told reporters at the Davey O'Brien Awards banquet Monday.

HMMMMMM  what QB didn't participate last season  and then threw a Pick 6 on his first NFL pass? 

41 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think he has the best tape, slightly ahead of Haskins.... but man if he measures 5'8 that has got to be a serious concern.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I have no doubt that he will go early.

The team that drafts him will make back his salary and MUCH more before he ever takes a snap. They will sell tickets galore, t-shirts, and everything else. Fans in the seats are pure profit for owners. The TV deal pays all expenses.

I don't know how good he will be. It is too early for me to venture a guess. I only saw him play Alabama; take from that game what you will.

What I DO know is that Murray will be a cash bonanza for one lucky owner. He might pay for his entire contract in year 1.

Hopefully they would be able to land picks in 2020 as well.

At 25 million, that would have to be a lot of jerseys and tickets.  Average ticket revenue per team is currently 70 million---and that includes the teams that charge far more than teams like the Bills.  If he goes to a low revenue team, I don't think it would be possible to sell enough tickets to come close to covering his contract in a year.  If he goes to a high revenue team, all tickets are likely sold and there wouldn't be much room for growth.

Here's the problem:

Image result for heisman candidates

Haskins is no giant at 6'3"...