Steelers WR Antonio Brown involved in domestic dispute, not arrested

wppete

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25931165/steelers-wr-antonio-brown-involved-domestic-dispute-not-arrested

Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Antonio Brown was involved in a January domestic dispute, the Hollywood Police Department in South Florida confirmed to ESPN on Tuesday.

Hollywood Police, which investigated the dispute, will not have further comment until it has more details, according to spokeswoman Miranda Grossman.

"The allegations are baseless and false," Brown's lawyer, Darren Heitner, said in a statement to ESPN. "It's unfortunate that the media is trying to use distractions like this and prior stories in an effort to tarnish my client's name and reputation. We have no further comment."

The Steelers issued a statement saying they are aware of the alleged incident and are "still in the process of gathering more information."

This is Brown's second recent legal issue in South Florida, where he was born and raised.

In October, he faced two lawsuits from an April incident during which Brown allegedly yelled at security and threw items off an apartment balcony, according to documents obtained by ESPN.

A guardian of a 2-year-old boy is suing Brown for "intentional infliction of emotional distress and assault" after items flung from the 14th floor of the Mansions at Acqualina nearly hit the child, according to Miami-Dade County court filings.

Those cases are in the process of being resolved.

Brown, 30, has been one of the NFL's most productive players, with a league-record six consecutive 100-catch seasons. However, the Steelers are considering trading Brown after he failed to show up to work the day before the season finale against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Earlier that week, Brown was involved in a heated dispute at practice; according to multiple reports, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was involved in that incident.

Honestly, despite possibly being the best receiver in the nfl, he’s not worth the headache.  As Ryan Clark said, money made him a monster.  He literally only cares about himself and being famous.  As a former receiver, they are normally the biggest idiots on the team.  It’s all about them and they are the most dependent position. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Accidental flinging from the 14th floor?

I was thinking the same thing. Did all that furniture, large vase just slip out of his hands off the balcony repeatedly? Ridiculous. AB is a headcase. 

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

You think furniture accidentally flew out the window and off the balcony?

No. But I find it hard to believe he was trying to hit the 2 year old. Thank God the kid is OK. Either way, that's not the main takeaway from the article. Just struck me as odd. AB is really tarnishing an amazing career.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Accidental flinging from the 14th floor?

Oh, I have no doubt he threw the stuff. You'd have to be one sick puppy to aim for a 2 year old as the article seems to suggest.

Edited by LSHMEAB

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

No. But I find it hard to believe he was trying to hit the 2 year old. Thank God the kid is OK. Either way, that's not the main takeaway from the article. Just struck me as odd. AB is really tarnishing an amazing career.

Oh, I have no doubt he threw the stuff. You'd have to be one sick puppy to aim for a 2 year old as the article seems to suggest.

Yes.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I got you. But the kid’s guardian does not need to show he said intentionally tried to hit them with the credenza in order to pursue damages for intentional infliction of emotional distress, they just need to show he acted in a reckless way. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I got you. But the kid’s guardian does not need to show he said intentionally tried to hit them with the credenza in order to pursue damages for intentional infliction of emotional distress, they just need to show he acted in a reckless way. t

Yeah, the technicality threw me off a bit, but it's like the least important part of the story. I don't think AB is salvageable at this point. Kind of shame. Guy had a pretty rough upbringing, wasn't drafted high, and became one of the best in the game. Now it's one crazy incident after another.