Super Bowl 2nd half Game Thread

Maybe I'm the only one who appreciated this low scoring super bowl. But I'm also really angry at McVay. He was supposed to be the new wave of innovative coaches. Instead, he's just another bum in a long line of coaches who can't figure out how to not act like a ***** fool against the Patriots. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

There really wasn't a true highlight in this game ... a great catch, a long breakaway run, an impressive QB scramble, a huge hit (I guess we're not supposed to like that one anymore). Just a dull game, start to finish.

Yeah, just a bad game all around. It wasnt low scoring because of the defences playing great, the score was low cause the offences just could get going and get out of their own way. When there was an INT it was usually from a bad throw.

Here's a clip of holding call-

https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/1092271208647847937/video/1

It's just one bad call. They happen. And this one happened at exactly the time in the game when the Rams were figuring out how to attack the Pats pressure off tackle, and would have given them the lead with less than 10 mins left in game. Also- zero holds called against Donald or Suh all game. To recap, this call against Sullivan was another extremely questionable call, in the Super Bowl, against a guy who wasn't even in position to make the play, in a game where they were deliberately keeping yellow off the field. And it changed the course of the game entirely, in favor of the Patriots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's just one bad call. They happen. And this one happened at exactly the time in the game when the Rams were figuring out how to attack the Pats pressure off tackle, and would have given them the lead with less than 10 mins left in game. Also- zero holds called against Donald or Suh all game. To recap, this call against Sullivan was another extremely questionable call, in the Super Bowl, against a guy who wasn't even in position to make the play, in a game where they were deliberately keeping yellow off the field. And it changed the course of the game entirely, in favor of the Patriots.

Good point. I was waiting for a long delayed "make-up" call since the Rams were only here based on a blown call in the NFC Championship. No matter what the Pats could've done to the Saints, no way Brees was going down scoring a measly field goal. What a shame we didn't get the game we deserved.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MPT said:

Maybe I'm the only one who appreciated this low scoring super bowl. But I'm also really angry at McVay. He was supposed to be the new wave of innovative coaches. Instead, he's just another bum in a long line of coaches who can't figure out how to not act like a ***** fool against the Patriots. 

I enjoyed the D work this year, last year was a disgrace for the D

Thought it sucked. Cooks looked like he could have come down with at least one of those catches in the endzone. No Gurley.

And Belicheck played a damned good game. Great secondary play but the offensive execution obviously wasn't there either between poor quarterbacking, receiving, or no Gurley. Bleh Rams. Alshon Jeffrey probably comes down with 2 TDs from the throws targeted for Cooks from Goff's long balls if we're thinking of the comparing a single advantage the Eagles had with offensive execution last year.

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I did not see that live...

It's a very weak call to say the least...?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

This post game is a train wreck 

Nfl botched it bad

Man who cares about the post game?? The game itself was a train wreck.  The comercials were trainwrecks and the half time show I don't even know what to call it...train wreck is too nice a word...Adam Levine was beyond terrible

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

I felt going up to it that there just didnt feel like any hype going into this game. Years past all I remember  going up to the game was the coverage of it and it being such a big deal. I barely recall hearing much about it leading up to today. Then the game itself was boring with no scoring, not because the defence was playing fantastic, it was because they both were just playing really badly.

The best thing about the game was the halftime show, and that's not a compliment to the half time show as it was pretty  bland and  boring too.

Maybe Goodell will finally get sick of the *Pat's.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

It makes me both angry and sad that the game I love has come down to wwe levels.