New Coaches Hired - QB, WR

eSJayDee

41 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Don't anyone dare point out that it's another Panthers hire. Lest you wish to be pelted with rocks from the crowd of people who get strangely defensive of it and are convinced there's no such trend.

Another? How many Panthers coaches have we hired?

29 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I am pretty underwhelmed by the new hires to the coaching staff.  There were a lot of experienced assistant coaches and coordinators available after the season with all of the head coaching changes.  Were these the most qualified assistant coaches that we could hire?  Was Dorsey the best QB coach that was available to us?  At this point, I am not sure if there is anything more important to the future success of the team than Allen's development.  I also find the continuing reach back and connections to the Panthers a bit tiresome.

Dorsey has be talked about as a candidate for bigger jobs, we're lucky he has taken a QB coach role.

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I've been singing Dorseys praises a long time and his worth with the idiot in Carolina was amazing. The guy is a great QB coach and it's a shame that he had such an uncoachable talent down there.

Hi can speak to QB's and understand the defense very well. Very happy for this.  Dude will be an OC in 3 or 4 years.

I feel like they see Josh as a kid who could be the “process” version of Cam. They are certainly trying to recreate his development. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like they see Josh as a kid who could be the “process” version of Cam. They are certainly trying to recreate his development. 

...think maybe Dorsey is Palmerish.......not much by way of an NFL career but a good teacher......Dorsey+Anderson puts Allen in solid mentoring hands............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Don't anyone dare point out that it's another Panthers hire. Lest you wish to be pelted with rocks from the crowd of people who get strangely defensive of it and are convinced there's no such trend.

I dont think it is so much that ppl dont recognize the trend....but that it in some way represents a BAD hire

Ken Dorsey is not a bad hire.....its actually a pretty decent one that just happens to be a former carolina connection

The WR hire?  Meh

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Another Carolina connection....folks cannot deny the trend with decisions.

That being said, I do like the hire... I think he will be solid in the role.

That kind of makes the Carolina thing irrelevant to it then doesn't it. I mean if you don't want them to hire someone just because they knew them from Carolina you sure as hell shouldn't want them to not hire someone just because they knew them from Carolina.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That kind of makes the Carolina thing irrelevant to it then doesn't it. I mean if you don't want them to hire someone just because they knew them from Carolina you sure as hell shouldn't want them to not hire someone just because they knew them from Carolina.

Why yes it does.

They have fired some of their Carolina connection hires too, so I don't think they get a pass in their new roles with the Bills.

Great move with Dorsey and a big step up from Cully in that role I think.  As for Hall, he has been here, is a former player at the position, and has learned from different coaches in his time with the Bills.  Those are positives.  Like everyone else here, I know nothing beyond that.  

It is still hard to believe that it is shocking to some that executives hire people they are familiar with and trust, or that people want to work for people they are familiar with and trust.  

1 hour ago, jahnyc said:

I am pretty underwhelmed by the new hires to the coaching staff.  There were a lot of experienced assistant coaches and coordinators available after the season with all of the head coaching changes.  Were these the most qualified assistant coaches that we could hire?  Was Dorsey the best QB coach that was available to us?  At this point, I am not sure if there is anything more important to the future success of the team than Allen's development.  I also find the continuing reach back and connections to the Panthers a bit tiresome.

What hire would have whelmed you?  What hire would have overwhelmed you?

You don't like a guy who spent several years as a seemingly decent QB coach and then a year learning the business side of college ball as an AAD.  I'm really interested in what names you provide because their bonafides must be damn impressive.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Two questions. Who the hell is Greg Tompsett and why is replying to himself?

I swear i don't understand Twitter and instagram...

It’s a thread on twitter. You can only have so many characters per tweet, so if you have more to say related to the original tweet, you reply to it and it becomes a thread. Tompsett is the host of the Cover 1 podcast. Cover1.net (a really great Bills site if you have not been to it)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1