The AAF Thread

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That's a really bad sign. They can't just be a league of NFL wash-outs. That was probably obvious to them. I bet they're plan was to have a strong initial showing and then use that to bargain with the NFLPA. That's a steep uphill battle.

The XFL will run into the same problem, even if they have more money to throw around.

They need to be a paying alternative to the NCAA. Develop star players of their own right out of high school.

I would say that the biggest problem they face is I have no idea what channel they are on.  I think they play on Sunday?

2019 advertising is free.  Get some witty kid to run your twitter account and drum up publicity the easy way.  Look at Wendy's twitter for inspiration.  Commercials on ESPN or basic cable touting their brand.  Something.  Anything.  

...uh oh...already??........

AAF in jeopardy of folding, says majority owner

1:55 PM ET
  • ESPN

The majority owner of the Alliance of American Football told USA Today Sports that league is in danger of folding without help from the National Football League Players Association.

Tom Dundon, who became the AAF's chairman last month, told USA Today Sports in a recent interview that the NFLPA is not cooperating with the AAF by refusing to allow the first-year league to use young NFL players.

"If the players union is not going to give us young players, we can't be a development league," Dundon told USA Today Sports. "We are looking at our options, one of which is discontinuing the league."

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/26372845/aaf-jeopardy-folding-says-majority-owner

20 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

He's a very predictable poster. 

Yeah, I can predict the obvious.

Like the demise of yet another "pro football league".  Now they are blaming .....the NFLPA??  Makes no sense.  This guy is blowing smoke when he should have been far more careful with his money.  What a fool.

Pretty predictable right?