Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BoccesOnTransit

I miss that Son of a Bum

Recommended Posts

wade-phillips-1.jpg

 

here's to hoping he can get as much out of his defense sunday as he did back in 2016.

 

Both as a head coach and defensive coordinator, Tom Brady has had some ups and downs vs Wade Phillip’s defenses

 

Brady is coming into Super Bowl 53 with a 6-3 record vs. Phillips, with 21 touchdowns to 7 interceptions to go along with 2,681 yards and a 91.2 rating. Brady has also been sacked 18 times in those nine games.

 

The last time the two squared off in the playoffs, Phillips was able to slow Brady down in the 2016 AFC Championship game in Denver where Brady completed just 48% of his passes and thew two interceptions as well as being sacked four times.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vincec said:

Maybe if he would have just fired the worst ST coordinator in history he would have kept his job.

You're right about the firing but I think there was a lot of friction with Ralph too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Senator said:

 

Yeah, it’s well known - or at least believed - that benching Flutie was Ralph’s call.

.

You stand up to Ralph and say Flutie got us to the playoffs. He's  starting.  Not that clown that we over traded for. He had an opportunity to do the right thing. And he didn't. That whole decision reeked of bad karma.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You stand up to Ralph and say Flutie got us to the playoffs. He's  starting.  Not that clown that we over traded for. He had an opportunity to do the right thing. And he didn't. That whole decision reeked of bad karma.

 

Yeah well, you’re probably right.  Trading for Rob Johnson on the basis of one good performance was a stupid move anyway.

 

But Wade DID stand up to Ralph when Wade refused to fire a few assistant coaches, and it got Wade fired.

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You stand up to Ralph and say Flutie got us to the playoffs. He's  starting.  Not that clown that we over traded for. He had an opportunity to do the right thing. And he didn't. That whole decision reeked of bad karma.

 

59 minutes ago, The Senator said:

 

Yeah well, you’re probably right.  Trading for Rob Johnson on the basis of one good performance was a stupid move anyway.

 

But Wade DID stand up to Ralph when Wade refused to fire a few assistant coaches, and it got Wade fired.

.

Don't get me wrong, I was a big Flutie fan and I wasn't all in on Robbery Johnson wither, but ...

 

I've always thought that Doug was brought in, kind of as a gimmick.  A small but flashy QB that would draw the crowds down from because attendance was slipping.  

Good enough to get Wins but not  good enough to win in the Post Season. 

 

The Music City rip off was a travesty in and of itself.   Whi knows what would have happened to RJ's career had the Bills won that game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

 

Don't get me wrong, I was a big Flutie fan and I wasn't all in on Robbery Johnson wither, but ...

 

I've always thought that Doug was brought in, kind of as a gimmick.  A small but flashy QB that would draw the crowds down from because attendance was slipping.  

Good enough to get Wins but not  good enough to win in the Post Season. 

 

The Music City rip off was a travesty in and of itself.   Whi knows what would have happened to RJ's career had the Bills won that game.  

 

I still have my Flutie jersey, and two boxes of Flutie Flakes! 😎

.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

He still gets a lot of hate for being the one to bench Flutie for Johnson in the 99 WC game even though it's been said by multiple people it wasn't his decision. 

This is why he's not HC material. While he knows the X's and O's the HC job requires more than that. While the rumors seem to be true that it was Ralph's decision, someone more fitting for a HC position would have had the guts to make the decision he felt was best for the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Senator said:

 

Yeah well, you’re probably right.  Trading for Rob Johnson on the basis of one good performance was a stupid move anyway.

 

But Wade DID stand up to Ralph when Wade refused to fire a few assistant coaches, and it got Wade fired.

.

People forget we traded a 1st and a 4th for a qb based on playing 1 game. That's the definition of stupidity.  I never cared too much about the assistant coach support but the team was lost when Wade caved in to a meddling Ralph. Meddling owners need to let their HC's coach.  Wade was a good guy, there's no doubt to that, but unfortunately his legacy will always be tainted by the Flutie decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yup, I miss Wade too.   HE got the shaft here,.

 

Don't forget about the pinhead on the radio who wanted to run him out of town for not wearing a headset  🙄

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always loved Wade, but if he can find a way to get his Defense to hit Brady a lot and shut down that Offense, I will love him even more.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 2:29 PM, BoccesOnTransit said:

Some more:

 

For this week, GO RAMS!

 

That''s awesome !! To bad some in B/lo didn't have a clue how good a coach he was when he was here !! 

 

I wish i could say i was routing for him but i can't given what happened to the Saints !!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Whi knows what would have happened to RJ's career had the Bills won that game.  

He would be remembered in reverential tones as ‘Shoeless Rob Johnson’?  🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

He would be remembered in reverential tones as ‘Shoeless Rob Johnson’?  🤔

 

...OR...Bandana Rob.......whiffed.............

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

You're right about the firing but I think there was a lot of friction with Ralph too.

No doubt. I'm sure Ralph telling him who to start at QB put things on edge and then his insistence on managing his coaching staff pushed him over it. He was right about the ST coach though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...