Senior Bowl- Day 3 A Bills fan first hand take

CEN-CAL17

4 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Well Here’s the thing. Risner will be matched up against Sweat early in the game. 

I’d bet the first series the North has the ball it will be Risner vs Sweat.

It'll be a rematch.

They faced each other in September, if only for a dozen or so plays..there's a good write up on it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-inside-the-battle-between-mississippi-states-montez-sweat-kansas-states-dalton-risner/

And..you did a great job on your report..many thanks!!

33 minutes ago, CookieG said:

It'll be a rematch.

They faced each other in September, if only for a dozen or so plays..there's a good write up on it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-inside-the-battle-between-mississippi-states-montez-sweat-kansas-states-dalton-risner/

And..you did a great job on your report..many thanks!!

Good find. Those reps are on YouTube as well. At times they didn’t even bock Sweat, which I don’t understand. The article is accurate when stating the KState QB ran right into Pressure.

I thought Risner played well, I think got the better of them.

To be fair Miss St was up quite a bit. KState became one dimensional. Which always benefits DEs.

Rematch Tomorrow.

22 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

First off it was an amazing day in Mobile. North practice the weather was perfect. The South was later and it started to chill off a bit.

Long story short, Grudens practice was more intense, his staff was more intense and seemed more structured vs the 49ers staff.

I was one of the first fans in the stands. After I sat down I heard a voice that sounded familiar. I turned around and saw an older guy behind me in a Colts Beenie, it was Bill Polian, which he then sat behind me. About 10 mins later I got up to go to the restroom and I asked him if he had his Buffalo Beenie with him too. He laughed and shook his head yes.

Anyways to the player observations...

North Squad

Mitch Wishnowski Punter Utah- 

Pretty good size kid 6’2” 220lbs, Live leg, big time hang time. Consistently 50-55 yard punts from line of scrimmage, 60-65 yards in air. Gruden was even pumping this kid up. This kid definitely gets drafted.

Dalton Risner OT K State- 

during warmups jumped in at Center with Daniel Jones/Ryan Finley. Big Solid Dude, arm length is there. Biggest Center, only played center on warmups. Other centers were McCoy of Texas A&M, Garrett Bradbury of N.C. State and Michael Deiter Wisconsin. Risner has only 1 speed, always aggressive, he plays violent. Good movement looks coordinated. Plays under control, stays over his pads, never reaches. 1 play Down blocked on Cominsky open huge hole with initial punch. Was paired up against Zach Allen most the day. Allen was owned by Risner all day, which lead to Allen getting frustrated and a fight between two broke out. Zach Allen started it. Risner wasn’t going to back down. Risner is kind of nasty. The guy the gets the last shove as the whistle blows every play. He was very vocal. Constantly yelling out in support of his fellow Olinemen, “Good Shiz Chris (Lindstrom) Helll yeah.” Him and Lindstrom were 2 peas in a pod. Risner sounds and acted like a leader, verbally out loud pumping up his OL when doing good, pumping his fist after a good run, showing intensity after flooring someone. Dalton took on Wren and dominated him when Gruden called the team together for a 1 on 1 and paired the two against each other. Risner ran up to Gruden in excitement, don’t know exactly what he said but it was like a “I got this”...

Michael Deiter OL Wisconsin-

lined up everywhere, listed as 6’6” but looked little small, waist/lower body not thick. Struggled all day. 1 on 1 got pushed back often and just out muscles. Just did Not to have the power.

Chris Lindstrom Boston College RG- 

Athletic somewhat lean but big /quick and fluid. Could probably stand to add 5-10 lbs. Great feet, another Coordinated guy. Recovered easily but can get over powered at times. Athletic enough to position himself while pulling. Solid Guard for sure. High effort kid.

Garrett Bradbury C NC State- 

looks solid, big butt kid, Bradbury vs Wren was good all day, Bradbury winning nearly all even during team. Bradbury buried UW Gaines a couple times. Kid is solid. Great hands and feet. Good hands/seems strong. Gets out on screens well. Best Center at Senior Bowl.

Max Sharping OT Northern Illinois- 

big kid, good build, feet below avg. gets beat inside pretty consistently RT is in his future. May take a couple years as a teams swing tackle. Potential is there, just needs the time experience and coaching.

Renell Wren DT ASU- 

freakishly big, big butt solid all around. Destroyed Texas A&M center McCoy on first 1 on 1. Quick off the ball, explosive and that’s about it. Extends arms well. Got Beat up on the double team. Slow moving laterally. Not quick enough to slip double teams. Hands need to get better. This will be a run stuffer DT, didn’t really seem to possess ability to get after the passer.

John Cominsky DE Charleston- 

nice size, looks the part, big arms, solid lower half. I was really excited to see what this small school kid could do. Not very fluid, stiff, lacks true athleticism. Just not fast or quick enough.

Andy Isabella WR UMass-

shorter kid, but thick legs/lower body. looks to be strong lower body. Fast and very quick. Great hands.

Terry McLaurin OSU WR- 

Quick, fast, soft hands, in and out of cuts effortlessly. Decent size, looks smaller on TV but he’s actually pretty solid. Probably best WR North squad.

Caleb Wilson UCLA TE- 

fights catching the ball, skinny lower body. Does not look like a TE. Listed at 235 lbs. seen his name thrown around here. This kid is going to have a hard time making it in the league.

Keelan Doss WR UC Davis- 

decent size, skinny lower body, good hands, not very quick no twitch. Slow in and out of breaks. I had high hopes for this kid. I could be wrong but maybe he can make the special teams.

Germaine Pratt ILB N.C. State- 

athletic LB. Darius Leonard build. Quick/fast. Hesitant on play action looked lost a couple times after realizing they didn’t run the ball. Playing ILB, too small. Looks to have potential, great covering RB out of backfield, sniff out swing passes. Slippery getting threw the line cause he’s quick. In zone coverage struggled in space some. Might be better WLB, Milano needs a better replacement.

Charles Omenihu Texas DE- 

looks the part for sure. Not fast, not explosive. Doesn’t look to be an athletic freak compared to measurables. 

Greg Gaines UW DT-

power house, short but gets off the ball well and can use leverage well. Multiple times got  buried being over his feet too much. Will plug some holes and eat up space but needs to play under better controls.

Dre Greenlaw Arkansas LB-

shorter but solid build brick house. Gets around and is pretty quick. Makes quick reads and diagnoses plays well. Head on a swivel and doesn’t cover grass in zone. All around pretty solid, ILB, May be better WLB Milano type kid. I was impressed with this kid. Definitely high effort, super focused and very vocal talking in the field as far as alignment etc.

Byron Cowart Maryland DT-

quick, great hands that’s his strength. motor type guy, not powerful but strong enough. Good size. Pretty solid overall. A hustle guy.

Dexter Williams RB Notre Damn-

down hill runner. Big arms, solid lower body. Not a player who is gonna juke you. Not a lot of twitch, but hits the hole fast. A lot of his teams seemed to get fired up when he ran the ball.

Ben Banogu TCU OLB/Edge- 

Not instinctual, hesitant. Good size, looks the part just nothing eye popping. Decent quickness. Definitely not a 3 down OLB. A Lorax type build. Kind of disappointed.

South Squad-

Montez Sweat DE Miss St-

Lower body very skinny/thin. Don’t know how much power he can generate. Definitely has length. Decent upper body. Jumpy you can tell he anticipates the snap, Hughes style. Can get low on speed rush but lack of lower body strength get him out off line. Try’s to Bull rush but was unsuccessful twice. He’s not the top 10 or even top 15 guy folks talk about. Maybe last 10 picks of round 1.  Remember he’ll be play NFL Tackles every Sunday. He got buried once today.

Jonathan Ledbetter DE Georgia-

big arms, thick lower body, solid build. Bull rush guy has some power. Not the quickest off the ball. Decent athlete, he’s a hold the edge run contain DE like Shaq.

Ben Powers OG Oklahoma-

Biggest belly of Oline. More jiggle in the mid section but nothing to worry about. Good feet, looks quick. Held his own against Buggs of Alabama. Has a great base, stays squared up. Rotated between LG and RG never came off the field and looked great on both sides. Dude is solid. One of the better G at the Senior Bowl. Lindstrom is a little more athletic but Powers isn’t far behind.

Kingsley Keke DT Texas A&M-

good size, solid build, great hands. Quick for how big he is. Looks athletic. Thick lower body big butt, strong kid. Pretty impressive DE/DT tweener Says Hes 305 lbs But plays like he’s 280. This seems like a McD Dline Guy. Strong against the run, quick enough to rush the passer. 

Andre Dillard LT WSU- 

nice build looks like a LT, beat by DE Ferguson maybe a hold on Dillard, just speed rush. Beat Ferguson next chance. Small feet for whatever it’s worth. I say that cause some of these dudes have like size 15 feet, he’s got the Burger King hands of feet. But has Quick feet. Arm length looks suspect but good enough shorter than Risners. Not the strongest and looks suspect to the inside move, Granderson got him on his heels once, And he feel on his butt during team. Hard to beat on speed rush though. Not seeing him as the best LT, if so it’s a super weak LT class. Late first round if you ask me. Maybe early second.

Ross Pierschbacher C Alabama-

looks bigger than expected, that was a knock on him. Got over powered by Buggs his Bama teammate but stood him up next rep. Pretty solid play, Bradbury definitely has the edge at Center. But Pierschbacher is solid. Stays over pads, doesn’t reach, strength is there can anchor decently.

David Sills WR West Virginia-

skinny has good length, great hands, smooth runner. Not the fastest. I was expecting more due to all hype. Round 3-4 kid, may slip lower.

Deebo Samuels WR South Carolina-

thick kid, soft hands, lower body legs look strong. Ran bye Rock Ya on a go route, had 2-3 steps on him. Faster than he looks. Quick. Other WRs gravitated towards him. Pretty it’s his personality. Always had a smile. Seemed very focused when called upon. Very solid looking for being shorter.

Anthony Johnson WR Buffalo-

Good size, not quick. Not as big as he plays on tape. Decent route runner nothing special. Seems heavy footed. Lacks concentration, dropped an easy pass ok 75% drill. Just don’t think he’s a high effort guy. For those that want him in the second he may slip to the late 3rd early 4th. This draft has some talented WRs.

Tyre Brady WR Marshall-

good height long arms, soft hands. Skinny lower body. Fast straight line speed. Didn’t see much.

Dax Raymond TE Utah State-

best TE south squad. Smooth runner, got some twitch for a TE. Decent speed route runner. Kid is actually pretty good. Greg Kittle type. Great hands, soft and made it look easy. 6’5” 250 lbs definitely helped his stock. 

Jaylon Ferguson DE La Tech-

is quick off the ball. Good size, thick kid. High effort motor kid. Hands are good. Put up a ton of sacks but I don’t see it happening in the NFL, another Shaq type, but the kid has a solid frame. 

Granderson DE Wyoming-

looks more of a 3-4 OLB. Not very strong or twitchy. Decent athlete but will definitely have to play in a 3-4. 

Oshane Ximines DE Old Dominion-

is quick, fast. Looks thin. 3-4 OLB, but can come off the edge, faster than Sweat off the edge. Kid can speed rush. But he needs to add 10 lbs to his frame regardless of what style defense he goes to.

So I sat behind McD, Daboll, Frazier and scouting crew. They left 1 hr early during the South practice and didn’t finish watch South Sq. 

Dabolls sweat pants and dress leather jacket were an awesome combo. Maybe meeting with North Sq players? Or maybe they watched enough over the last few days.

My Day 3 MVP was Dalton Risner hands down. Dude plays with intensity. He’s vocal, gets excited, cheers on his teammates, he’s scrappy/nasty at times and doesn’t backdown. I’m telling you, he’s solid. Honestly I know he could play C or G as well. If he was Center he’d probably be the best center in the draft. Center is the spot you want a vocal leader, Captain type brawler. That’s Dalton. But he plays RT at a high level as well. Everyone afterwards wanted to talk to this kid. No way he makes it past 20. He’s got all the intangibles you look for that makes a winner

Nice write up. Good stuff.

Risner’s film is top 50 (not top 10) based on the draft write ups I’ve read on him. Grades don’t change that much with post-season all star games, combine, etc. What changes the most is media hype on kids who played at lesser programs or may have been overshadowed by teammates. Jonah Williams got more hype during the season than a kid from Kansas state. Good scouting departments trust the tape. He may jump up to the 1st but top 10 is not what I expect. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Tsaikotic said:

I was reading something the other day about how Risner said he'd love to play for Buffalo and that he and Harry Phillips are good friends...I'd love to see Buffalo trade back into the teens and take Risner and then get Deebo in the 2nd.

I’m sure he said the same thing to every teams reporter that interviewed him.  

On 1/24/2019 at 10:50 PM, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

First off it was an amazing day in Mobile. North practice the weather was perfect. The South was later and it started to chill off a bit.

Long story short, Grudens practice was more intense, his staff was more intense and seemed more structured vs the 49ers staff.

I was one of the first fans in the stands. After I sat down I heard a voice that sounded familiar. I turned around and saw an older guy behind me in a Colts Beenie, it was Bill Polian, which he then sat behind me. About 10 mins later I got up to go to the restroom and I asked him if he had his Buffalo Beenie with him too. He laughed and shook his head yes.

Anyways to the player observations...

North Squad

Mitch Wishnowski Punter Utah- 

Pretty good size kid 6’2” 220lbs, Live leg, big time hang time. Consistently 50-55 yard punts from line of scrimmage, 60-65 yards in air. Gruden was even pumping this kid up. This kid definitely gets drafted.

Dalton Risner OT K State- 

during warmups jumped in at Center with Daniel Jones/Ryan Finley. Big Solid Dude, arm length is there. Biggest Center, only played center on warmups. Other centers were McCoy of Texas A&M, Garrett Bradbury of N.C. State and Michael Deiter Wisconsin. Risner has only 1 speed, always aggressive, he plays violent. Good movement looks coordinated. Plays under control, stays over his pads, never reaches. 1 play Down blocked on Cominsky open huge hole with initial punch. Was paired up against Zach Allen most the day. Allen was owned by Risner all day, which lead to Allen getting frustrated and a fight between two broke out. Zach Allen started it. Risner wasn’t going to back down. Risner is kind of nasty. The guy the gets the last shove as the whistle blows every play. He was very vocal. Constantly yelling out in support of his fellow Olinemen, “Good Shiz Chris (Lindstrom) Helll yeah.” Him and Lindstrom were 2 peas in a pod. Risner sounds and acted like a leader, verbally out loud pumping up his OL when doing good, pumping his fist after a good run, showing intensity after flooring someone. Dalton took on Wren and dominated him when Gruden called the team together for a 1 on 1 and paired the two against each other. Risner ran up to Gruden in excitement, don’t know exactly what he said but it was like a “I got this”...

Michael Deiter OL Wisconsin-

lined up everywhere, listed as 6’6” but looked little small, waist/lower body not thick. Struggled all day. 1 on 1 got pushed back often and just out muscles. Just did Not to have the power.

Chris Lindstrom Boston College RG- 

Athletic somewhat lean but big /quick and fluid. Could probably stand to add 5-10 lbs. Great feet, another Coordinated guy. Recovered easily but can get over powered at times. Athletic enough to position himself while pulling. Solid Guard for sure. High effort kid.

Garrett Bradbury C NC State- 

looks solid, big butt kid, Bradbury vs Wren was good all day, Bradbury winning nearly all even during team. Bradbury buried UW Gaines a couple times. Kid is solid. Great hands and feet. Good hands/seems strong. Gets out on screens well. Best Center at Senior Bowl.

Max Sharping OT Northern Illinois- 

big kid, good build, feet below avg. gets beat inside pretty consistently RT is in his future. May take a couple years as a teams swing tackle. Potential is there, just needs the time experience and coaching.

Renell Wren DT ASU- 

freakishly big, big butt solid all around. Destroyed Texas A&M center McCoy on first 1 on 1. Quick off the ball, explosive and that’s about it. Extends arms well. Got Beat up on the double team. Slow moving laterally. Not quick enough to slip double teams. Hands need to get better. This will be a run stuffer DT, didn’t really seem to possess ability to get after the passer.

John Cominsky DE Charleston- 

nice size, looks the part, big arms, solid lower half. I was really excited to see what this small school kid could do. Not very fluid, stiff, lacks true athleticism. Just not fast or quick enough.

Andy Isabella WR UMass-

shorter kid, but thick legs/lower body. looks to be strong lower body. Fast and very quick. Great hands.

Terry McLaurin OSU WR- 

Quick, fast, soft hands, in and out of cuts effortlessly. Decent size, looks smaller on TV but he’s actually pretty solid. Probably best WR North squad.

Caleb Wilson UCLA TE- 

fights catching the ball, skinny lower body. Does not look like a TE. Listed at 235 lbs. seen his name thrown around here. This kid is going to have a hard time making it in the league.

Keelan Doss WR UC Davis- 

decent size, skinny lower body, good hands, not very quick no twitch. Slow in and out of breaks. I had high hopes for this kid. I could be wrong but maybe he can make the special teams.

Germaine Pratt ILB N.C. State- 

athletic LB. Darius Leonard build. Quick/fast. Hesitant on play action looked lost a couple times after realizing they didn’t run the ball. Playing ILB, too small. Looks to have potential, great covering RB out of backfield, sniff out swing passes. Slippery getting threw the line cause he’s quick. In zone coverage struggled in space some. Might be better WLB, Milano needs a better replacement.

Charles Omenihu Texas DE- 

looks the part for sure. Not fast, not explosive. Doesn’t look to be an athletic freak compared to measurables. 

Greg Gaines UW DT-

power house, short but gets off the ball well and can use leverage well. Multiple times got  buried being over his feet too much. Will plug some holes and eat up space but needs to play under better controls.

Dre Greenlaw Arkansas LB-

shorter but solid build brick house. Gets around and is pretty quick. Makes quick reads and diagnoses plays well. Head on a swivel and doesn’t cover grass in zone. All around pretty solid, ILB, May be better WLB Milano type kid. I was impressed with this kid. Definitely high effort, super focused and very vocal talking in the field as far as alignment etc.

Byron Cowart Maryland DT-

quick, great hands that’s his strength. motor type guy, not powerful but strong enough. Good size. Pretty solid overall. A hustle guy.

Dexter Williams RB Notre Damn-

down hill runner. Big arms, solid lower body. Not a player who is gonna juke you. Not a lot of twitch, but hits the hole fast. A lot of his teams seemed to get fired up when he ran the ball.

Ben Banogu TCU OLB/Edge- 

Not instinctual, hesitant. Good size, looks the part just nothing eye popping. Decent quickness. Definitely not a 3 down OLB. A Lorax type build. Kind of disappointed.

South Squad-

Montez Sweat DE Miss St-

Lower body very skinny/thin. Don’t know how much power he can generate. Definitely has length. Decent upper body. Jumpy you can tell he anticipates the snap, Hughes style. Can get low on speed rush but lack of lower body strength get him out off line. Try’s to Bull rush but was unsuccessful twice. He’s not the top 10 or even top 15 guy folks talk about. Maybe last 10 picks of round 1.  Remember he’ll be play NFL Tackles every Sunday. He got buried once today.

Jonathan Ledbetter DE Georgia-

big arms, thick lower body, solid build. Bull rush guy has some power. Not the quickest off the ball. Decent athlete, he’s a hold the edge run contain DE like Shaq.

Ben Powers OG Oklahoma-

Biggest belly of Oline. More jiggle in the mid section but nothing to worry about. Good feet, looks quick. Held his own against Buggs of Alabama. Has a great base, stays squared up. Rotated between LG and RG never came off the field and looked great on both sides. Dude is solid. One of the better G at the Senior Bowl. Lindstrom is a little more athletic but Powers isn’t far behind.

Kingsley Keke DT Texas A&M-

good size, solid build, great hands. Quick for how big he is. Looks athletic. Thick lower body big butt, strong kid. Pretty impressive DE/DT tweener Says Hes 305 lbs But plays like he’s 280. This seems like a McD Dline Guy. Strong against the run, quick enough to rush the passer. 

Andre Dillard LT WSU- 

nice build looks like a LT, beat by DE Ferguson maybe a hold on Dillard, just speed rush. Beat Ferguson next chance. Small feet for whatever it’s worth. I say that cause some of these dudes have like size 15 feet, he’s got the Burger King hands of feet. But has Quick feet. Arm length looks suspect but good enough shorter than Risners. Not the strongest and looks suspect to the inside move, Granderson got him on his heels once, And he feel on his butt during team. Hard to beat on speed rush though. Not seeing him as the best LT, if so it’s a super weak LT class. Late first round if you ask me. Maybe early second.

Ross Pierschbacher C Alabama-

looks bigger than expected, that was a knock on him. Got over powered by Buggs his Bama teammate but stood him up next rep. Pretty solid play, Bradbury definitely has the edge at Center. But Pierschbacher is solid. Stays over pads, doesn’t reach, strength is there can anchor decently.

David Sills WR West Virginia-

skinny has good length, great hands, smooth runner. Not the fastest. I was expecting more due to all hype. Round 3-4 kid, may slip lower.

Deebo Samuels WR South Carolina-

thick kid, soft hands, lower body legs look strong. Ran bye Rock Ya on a go route, had 2-3 steps on him. Faster than he looks. Quick. Other WRs gravitated towards him. Pretty it’s his personality. Always had a smile. Seemed very focused when called upon. Very solid looking for being shorter.

Anthony Johnson WR Buffalo-

Good size, not quick. Not as big as he plays on tape. Decent route runner nothing special. Seems heavy footed. Lacks concentration, dropped an easy pass ok 75% drill. Just don’t think he’s a high effort guy. For those that want him in the second he may slip to the late 3rd early 4th. This draft has some talented WRs.

Tyre Brady WR Marshall-

good height long arms, soft hands. Skinny lower body. Fast straight line speed. Didn’t see much.

Dax Raymond TE Utah State-

best TE south squad. Smooth runner, got some twitch for a TE. Decent speed route runner. Kid is actually pretty good. Greg Kittle type. Great hands, soft and made it look easy. 6’5” 250 lbs definitely helped his stock. 

Jaylon Ferguson DE La Tech-

is quick off the ball. Good size, thick kid. High effort motor kid. Hands are good. Put up a ton of sacks but I don’t see it happening in the NFL, another Shaq type, but the kid has a solid frame. 

Granderson DE Wyoming-

looks more of a 3-4 OLB. Not very strong or twitchy. Decent athlete but will definitely have to play in a 3-4. 

Oshane Ximines DE Old Dominion-

is quick, fast. Looks thin. 3-4 OLB, but can come off the edge, faster than Sweat off the edge. Kid can speed rush. But he needs to add 10 lbs to his frame regardless of what style defense he goes to.

So I sat behind McD, Daboll, Frazier and scouting crew. They left 1 hr early during the South practice and didn’t finish watch South Sq. 

Dabolls sweat pants and dress leather jacket were an awesome combo. Maybe meeting with North Sq players? Or maybe they watched enough over the last few days.

My Day 3 MVP was Dalton Risner hands down. Dude plays with intensity. He’s vocal, gets excited, cheers on his teammates, he’s scrappy/nasty at times and doesn’t backdown. I’m telling you, he’s solid. Honestly I know he could play C or G as well. If he was Center he’d probably be the best center in the draft. Center is the spot you want a vocal leader, Captain type brawler. That’s Dalton. But he plays RT at a high level as well. Everyone afterwards wanted to talk to this kid. No way he makes it past 20. He’s got all the intangibles you look for that makes a winner

Good work

What's with the Milano hate ??

Diidnt you eves drop on the Bills??

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Good work

What's with the Milano hate ??

Diidnt you eves drop on the Bills??

When I say “Milano’s replacement “ I mean, who replaces him when he not on the field. His back up.

Honestly the Bills coaching staff wasn’t talking much. Nothing out loud enough to hear. A lot of them were on phones etc. They were sitting right behind the Cowboys contingent, did not see Garrett though. Obviously they are not going to tip hats. I’m sure if they need to say something they pass it on text. Or take notes on phone (and gather later). I’m sure they are briefed daily to stay tight lipped.

Beane was on the sideline and Bobby Johnson followed the Oline everywhere. The North Squad anyways. He then went on the field for 1 on 1s.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Like (+1) 1

Great work here 1Zayday1!  I really appreciate the detail.  Was thinking of possibly attending Senior Bowl next year.   So is it worth it and is access to practices etc easy?

As for Oline,  I see OBD first O Line pick having to be OT starter level ready and possibly have position flexibility (Williams at LT or G, Risner at C, G or RT, McCary at G or OT, Elkston at T or C).  Teams only want to dress 7 or 8 Oline on game day now.

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Great work here 1Zayday1!  I really appreciate the detail.  Was thinking of possibly attending Senior Bowl next year.   So is it worth it and is access to practices etc easy?

As for Oline,  I see OBD first O Line pick having to be OT starter level ready and possibly have position flexibility (Williams at LT or G, Risner at C, G or RT, McCary at G or OT, Elkston at T or C).  Teams only want to dress 7 or 8 Oline on game day now.

There are 3 practices every year. Day 2&3 are pads. All practices are open and free to the public. There’s no restrictions on where you can sit. Just can’t go in the field. Coaches and staff only, some media.

But you can sit by all the scouts and coaches in the stands. Obviously they don’t want to be bothered.

FA will tell the story of where they are gonna go. That’s how a lot of these teams can predict who goes where.

If Buffalo picks up a RT in FA but no center... expect one in the draft. I’m under the impression Risner can excel at center(or Guard) But that dude can captain , lead an entire OLine, if he were a center he’d the top in the nation. DT is a high priority. The senior Bowl DTs were decent but not on the level of Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, Jeffery Simmons, Rashan Gary etc.  So if you need a starter at DT, top 10 for sure.

I’ll say this, I think the reason Josh Allen OLB/DE Kentucky and DAndre Walker DE/OLB Georgia didn’t go to the senior Bowl is because OTs at the senior Bowl were weak aside from Risner and Dillard. But again I think Risner goes pick 15-20 and Dillard late first early second. If you are considered a top 10 pick you can’t take the chance of being beat by average college OTs. Sweat did good but got beat at times. I don’t know if he helped his stock being he went up against 5th 6th round talent this week.  He’ll get his shot against Risner today. That may help him, but I think it’s going to help Risner more.

Watch players like DT Keke Texas A&M, Mack DT Texas A&M, Cowart DT Maryland... Wren is more like Star and Jordan Phillips. But the other guys are you quicker hands guys like Kyle Williams.

Watch Germaine Pratt LB NC State, Dre Greenlaw Arkansas, Garrett Bradbury C NC State, Ben Powers OG Oklahoma and Obviously Risner and the DTs above.

Great Video on Byron Cowart. Quick kid, hands guy (watch him swiping and just how active his hands are), non stop motor hustle kid. He’s one of the DTs I wrote on as well. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Poleshifter said:

Garrett Bradbury C NC State won the Rimington Trophy as best Center in college ball.

Jim Ritcher was also an NC State guy, as I recall.

He looked good the few times I isolated on him. Technically very sound.

I liked Risner’s attitude; he plays with an edge all the way to the whistle and on EVERY play. He’s gonna piss off his share of DLmen along the way. I wasn’t that impressed with his footwork though. If he’s gonna stay at T he must improve in that area, simple as that. Playing him inside at G would mitigate that greatly. 

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He looked good the few times I isolated on him. Technically very sound.

I liked Risner’s attitude; he plays with an edge all the way to the whistle and on EVERY play. He’s gonna piss off his share of DLmen along the way. I wasn’t that impressed with his footwork though. If he’s gonna stay at T he must improve in that area, simple as that. Playing him inside at G would mitigate that greatly. 

Bradbury is legit, but I think Risner has the fire attitude and vocal leadership to excel at C.... I just think his athleticism kept him at RT.

I mentioned before in this thread how Risner is the guy that gets that last shove just after the whistle. That’s why him and Zach Allen got in a fight. Risner kicked his asss all day and Allen wasn’t taking that last shove again. I love it!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Bradbury is legit, but I think Risner has the fire attitude and vocal leadership to excel at C.... I just think his athleticism kept him at RT.

I mentioned before in this thread how Risner is the guy that gets that last shove just after the whistle. That’s why him and Zach Allen got in a fight. Risner kicked his asss all day and Allen wasn’t taking that last shove again. I love it!

I didn’t know he could play center. That might be the perfect position for him. You can’t coach what that kid shows attitude wise. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I didn’t know he could play center. That might be the perfect position for him. You can’t coach what that kid shows attitude wise. 

During warmups He warmer up with Daniel Jones and Ryan Finley. No bad exchanges, shotgun was good. Did about 10 mins worth of work. He’s solid looking. He was lined up next to all the other centers and he was the biggest and most solid looking.

Everything I’ve read on Risner is he is very smart, processes things fast. Combine that with the fire and leadership....

Id expect every workout he performs teams will put him over the ball and do the x’s and o’s On the whiteboard.