Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Oh really?  -That "'pushed her with his foot" nonsense sure sounded like an excuse to me.

A P.O.S. excuse, -but an excuse nonetheless.   Glad it wasn't your daughter he 'pushed with his foot'.

Again not an excuse.  They we’re both idiots. Try not to let your emotions get the best of you.

And if that somehow were my daughter and she called a black person the N word, I’d ask her what did she think would happen and why didn’t she leave when it got physical, and tell her that she’s lucky that’s all that did happen to her.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Can't go after an NFL RB's Pink Champale like that and not expect to get "pushed with his foot"........

Yes, it was a similar “curb stomping.”

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Law enforcement is probably too narrow.  They handed out a punishment (which is the job of a court, not the NFL, in my opinion) .  I don't care for lynch mobs either. 

It’s the job of the courts to establish punishment for violations of behavior conduct established by private employers? That’s just not how it works. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again not an excuse.  They we’re both idiots. Try not to let your emotions get the best of you.

And if that somehow were my daughter and she called a black person the N word, I’d ask her what did she think would happen and why didn’t she leave when it got physical, and tell her that she’s lucky that’s all that did happen to her.

Yes, it was a similar “curb stomping.”

Either way, he would fit right into the Bills "locker room".. Always room for another guy who mistreats women in the Bills backfield.

I say yes as long as his outlook on his past decisions is where it needs to be or if the other side of the story is such that his actions were understandable but that would have to be one heck of a story.

21 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It’s the job of the courts to establish punishment for violations of behavior conduct established by private employers? That’s just not how it works. 

If he comes out guilty in the courts then I agree with the employer taking action.  But if a person is not found guilty by a jourey of their peers then they are innocent no matter what people think.  That is the way it is supposed to be in this nation but no one is held accountable for violating rights and freedom under the constitution.

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Either way, he would fit right into the Bills "locker room".. Always room for another guy who mistreats women in the Bills backfield.

You calling the Philly cops “women”?  OK. 

7 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The events Hunt was involved in were not related in anyway to his employment.

Do you not think there are provisions in his contract that can void it, or affect it for conduct detrimental to the team? Many employers have provisions in employees contracts that say you can lose your job for doing something that can look poorly on the employer which includes getting arrested.

Being seen in a video getting into a physical altercation with a woman can bring negative publicity to the team....

The events Ray Rice, Vick and others have been involved in weren't related to their employment either

Edited by apuszczalowski

57 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again, -A pathetic excuse from a woman-beater apologist.

Women get mad and say things. -Doesn't mean you kick them in the ribs for it.

I don't think Kareem Hunt will ever play another down in the NFL.  The video will live forever, and people will be told what to see by whoever is showing it to them.  When a victims advocacy group or a women's rights group is showing the video, people will see a man kicking a woman who is already down.  By the way, Danny's definition of kick is "to strike, thrust, or hit with ones foot."  There is no team in the NFL that will be willing to take the public backlash, lost season ticket holders, lost luxury box revenue, and lost sponsorship/advertising revenue associated with signing Hunt.  The actual cost of signing him might exceed $100 million.

Kim Pegula is not the reason that the Bills won't pursue Hunt.  I think less than 5% of GMs will even bring the idea before ownership (just those that are extremely secure, and those that are extremely desperate) and Beane is not one of them.  Ownership of any team will likely think less of any GM that does want to pursue Hunt, because it indicates that the GM just doesn't get the business side of the organization.

I think coaches can get away with expressing interest.  Their job is to win, and they see a player that might help them accomplish that.  I will be surprised if we hear any discussion above that though.

3 minutes ago, WyoNewt said:

I don't think Kareem Hunt will ever play another down in the NFL.  The video will live forever, and people will be told what to see by whoever is showing it to them.  When a victims advocacy group or a women's rights group is showing the video, people will see a man kicking a woman who is already down.  By the way, Danny's definition of kick is "to strike, thrust, or hit with ones foot."  There is no team in the NFL that will be willing to take the public backlash, lost season ticket holders, lost luxury box revenue, and lost sponsorship/advertising revenue associated with signing Hunt.  The actual cost of signing him might exceed $100 million.

Kim Pegula is not the reason that the Bills won't pursue Hunt.  I think less than 5% of GMs will even bring the idea before ownership (just those that are extremely secure, and those that are extremely desperate) and Beane is not one of them.  Ownership of any team will likely think less of any GM that does want to pursue Hunt, because it indicates that the GM just doesn't get the business side of the organization.

I think coaches can get away with expressing interest.  Their job is to win, and they see a player that might help them accomplish that.  I will be surprised if we hear any discussion above that though.

Disagree, look at the responses here. He is good at football, if the leagues gives him a chance to come back, someone will bring him back and will soon it as them evaluating him as a person who became remorseful, sought help, and deserves another chance, until he does it again....

The Redskins jumped on claiming a guy going into his 3rd chance because he was good.

It also helps that he is young and in his prime. Rice would have been brought back if it all happened when he was in his prime. Unfortunately for him, he was older and looking like he was starting to decline.

11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Disagree, look at the responses here. He is good at football, if the leagues gives him a chance to come back, someone will bring him back and will soon it as them evaluating him as a person who became remorseful, sought help, and deserves another chance, until he does it again....

The Redskins jumped on claiming a guy going into his 3rd chance because he was good.

It also helps that he is young and in his prime. Rice would have been brought back if it all happened when he was in his prime. Unfortunately for him, he was older and looking like he was starting to decline.

The video wasnt bad though.  Mixon KO'd a white chick in college.  Ray Rice KO'd his wife.  Hunt really didn't harm the women in a similar fashion to the other to.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Your virtue signaling won’t change what happened that night.   

He is entitled to a second chance.  The outraged tweeters will have to move on to something else.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I say yes as long as his outlook on his past decisions is where it needs to be or if the other side of the story is such that his actions were understandable but that would have to be one heck of a story.

If he comes out guilty in the courts then I agree with the employer taking action.  But if a person is not found guilty by a jourey of their peers then they are innocent no matter what people think.  That is the way it is supposed to be in this nation but no one is held accountable for violating rights and freedom under the constitution.

Employees have the right to establish their own codes of conduct and the requesite punishment for violations of those codes. The courts have nothing to do with it. Nor should they. 

Now, if the young lady in question should decide to press charges against Hunt then,  and ONLY then, would the courts would have the requisite responsibility to decide the matter. 

This conflation of rules of conduct established by private business and the rule of law is wrong. 

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The events Hunt was involved in were not related in anyway to his employment.

That is plain wrong. There are numerous behavior clauses in the standard NFL player contract. As such, it is ENTIRELY within the Chiefs’ purview to exercise their discretion in relation to those clauses if they’ve determined that one or more have been violated. It is also Hunt’s right to lodge a complaint vs. the Chiefs through the NFLPA. It speaks volumes that he hasn’t done that. 

20 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Your virtue signaling won’t change what happened that night.   

He is entitled to a second chance.  The outraged tweeters will have to move on to something else.  

:lol: So now its "virtuous" to say that pro athletes with quads like tree-trunks shouldn't kick women crouching on the ground!

Pretty low bar, no?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

You need to look up the definition of the word "excuse" chief (it would apply more to you excusing her for racism because she's a mad woman).  Nowhere did I say he was justified in touching her.