Movies you're surprised Hollywood hasn't made a sequel or reboot...yet

dpberr

Not saying I necessarily want them, but movies I could see happening

• Ferris Bueller's Day Off (yes, I know there was a terrible spin-off show)
  • Back to the Future (I'd be okay with a sequel under the right conditions, but stay the hell away from a reboot.)
  • Adam Sandler's movies have bombed lately, I wouldn't be surprised if a Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, or Waterboy sequel soon.
    • I've read rumors of Mike Myers working on Austin Powers 4 and Wayne's World 3 for like ten years. 

Logan's Run.  Mainly because it takes a very hedonistic view of human society which is very much in vogue today.  Not sure how they would "update" it.  Christianity is very obviously absent but the belief of a better "next life" if you will means you have a higher belief than a physical graspable universe.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Grumpy Old Men

grumpier old men was released...

my choice would be (sequels):

Napolean Dynamite

The Big Lebowski

Old School

and for reboots:

Smokey and the Bandit

Edited by wnysteel

55 minutes ago, wnysteel said:

grumpier old men was released...

my choice would be (sequels):

Napolean Dynamite

The Big Lebowski

Old School

and for reboots:

Smokey and the Bandit

Napolean Dynamite had an animated series with the original actors that was terrible. Although seeing an actual movie of Napolean living adult life would be interesting.

Going Places is an upcoming American crime comedy film written by, directed by, and starring John Turturro, acting as both a remake of the 1974 French film of the same name by Bertrand Blier, and a spin-off to the 1998 cult film The Big Lebowski by the Coen brothers, from which Turturro reprises his role as Jesus Quintana.

Old School would be interesting. As for the Smokey and the Bandit reboot, while that can go wrong in so many ways, it could also be awesome. And it can't be any worse than the sequels. 

9 hours ago, shrader said:

Spiderman

Its been more then a year since the last one came out (not including the new cartoon one if that counts as a reboot?) so its about time they reboot it and start fresh...........

9 hours ago, Another Fan said:

The Warriors 

Wasn't it remade within the last decade or so?

Just looked it up, there was a video game released that I think resparked some interest in the old movie.

There looks like in the last 5 years or so theres been talk of a remake being made along with a TV show for HULU

9 hours ago, Foxx said:

Sequels already coming IIRC

8 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

They made a Sandlot 2. It was terrible. 

Yeah, thats the problem, there are some movies that have sequels that were 'straight to dvd/video' that many never new were made (which might be a good thing)

I think there were like 4 'Home Alones' made

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Like (+1) 1

The Great Escape

16 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

The Stand  

^this

15 hours ago, Foxx said:

they could redo avatar, but instead of aliens in outer space , they should do it with indians in the old west.  and they should cast kevin costner

3 hours ago, Bills4everNY said:

I'm surprised they haven't remade "Jaws" as the same movie except replaced the mechanical shark with a CGI shark. A lot of fans of the original would probably hate them doing that but I think it would still make a ton of money at the box office.

it's called sharknado

• Haha (+1) 1