Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If Cersei is prego then maybe she fools Eruon into thinking it’s his to keep him her ally 

that's what i was thinking too

and that's assuming there really is a baby and it's not a trick by Cersei or a false pregnancy like Bloody Mary

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lines in the show you liked best

Edd and Tormund 

"Watch out, he's got blue eyes!"

I've always had blue eyes!!!

I thought that exchange was acutely painful.  No one in their right mind stops to shout out "He's got blue eyes" if they think they're facing a wight.  Which makes it nothing more than an egregiously contrived straight line for the punch line...and it was so egregiously contrived, it effectively ruined the punch line.  

Laziest screen-writing I've seen since...Flash Gordon, maybe.  

8 hours ago, ricojes said:

Cheesy, but significant.  Daenerys didn't share one of her dragons with Jon, she gave Jon Snow that dragon, Rhaegal is his for life now.  That's pretty big, a little better protector than a direwolf.  Huge bond between dragon and rider, hence the stare...

Also, given that dragons tend to not like strangers, it establishes that Jon's a Targaryen well before Sam tells him.  And who else has approached dragons without being burnt to a crisp?

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

I got a chuckle out of it. 

My question.   What place was that?  

A castle of the nights watch?

The Umber's castle.  It's the furthest north, closest to the wall. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

Also, given that dragons tend to not like strangers, it establishes that Jon's a Targaryen well before Sam tells him.  And who else has approached dragons without being burnt to a crisp?

No one that we know of.   

Just now, stony said:

That was my second guess 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I got a chuckle out of it. 

My question.   What place was that?  

A castle of the nights watch?

2 minutes ago, stony said:

Earlier in the episode Jon and Sansa call out one of the Lords who happens to be a young boy.  The boy, Lord Umber, said they needed more horses and carts to bring their people to Winterfell

Lord Umber was the boy on the Death Spiral

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Hitler?

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

speaking of ....  WTF is Ghost?  

I have been wondering that myself. I had assumed he was at Winterfell and that he would reappear in last nights show.

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

We’ve just been Godwined. 

There was a saying in my neighborhood, when someone stated something that was obvious people would look at him and say "Bill Godwin".

I never knew Bill Godwin but evidently he was a master of the obvious to the point of legendary status.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

That Tyrion theory is an interesting one.  Tywin saying "I cannot prove you are not mine" to Tyrion may have been a giveaway along with Tyrion being fascinated by dragons since he was a kid. The show has done no foreshadowing besides that  so I give it around a 25% chance of being true.  In one of the books it makes clear that Tywin can't stand that his intelligence was passed on to Tyrion and not Jaime or Cersei. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That Tyrion theory is an interesting one.  Tywin saying "I cannot prove you are not mine" to Tyrion may have been a giveaway along with Tyrion being fascinated by dragons since he was a kid. The show has done no foreshadowing besides that  so I give it around a 25% chance of being true.  In one of the books it makes clear that Tywin can't stand that his intelligence was passed on to Tyrion and not Jaime or Cersei. 

Personally for me it's the curse of the kin slayer (from the books) that makes me think the Tyrion/Targaryen theory might turn out to be real. Martin isn't one for neat resolutions, but the curse carries more weight in the books (not so much/at all in the show) and I can see that being how Tyrion gets out of it. 

49 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're going to go by the books, they also make it clear that he has more of the physical characteristics of a Targaryen than a Lannister.

And there's the very clear statement by Tywin that, instead of drowning Tyrion at birth after Joanna died, he "raised you as my own."  That's at the very lest an obvious statement that Tyrion is not Tywin's son.  Despite having no other heir to the house (since Jaimie is foresworn from inheritance as a member of the Kingsguard), Tywin categorically refuses to acknowledge to Tyrion any form of parentage.

And there's the the whole "the dragon has three heads" thing.  There's Daenerys and Jon...who's the third?

And just as an aside...Tyrion killed his mother Joanna in childbirth.  Just like Jon (Lyanna Stark) and Daenerys (Rhaella).  

No foreshadowing?  It's one of the most effectively foreshadowed twists in the series.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If you're going to go by the books, they also make it clear that he has more of the physical characteristics of a Targaryen than a Lannister.

And there's the very clear statement by Tywin that, instead of drowning Tyrion at birth after Joanna died, he "raised you as my own."  That's at the very lest an obvious statement that Tyrion is not Tywin's son.  Despite having no other heir to the house (since Jaimie is foresworn from inheritance as a member of the Kingsguard), Tywin categorically refuses to acknowledge to Tyrion any form of parentage.

And there's the the whole "the dragon has three heads" thing.  There's Daenerys and Jon...who's the third?

And just as an aside...Tyrion killed his mother Joanna in childbirth.  Just like Jon (Lyanna Stark) and Daenerys (Rhaella).  

No foreshadowing?  It's one of the most effectively foreshadowed twists in the series.

For all those reasons I’m disappointed the show hasn’t done much foreshadowing on that theory unless they plan to do it with five episodes left.  Hell, Varys could be a Targaryen too if you want to go by the books. Tywin May have just been in denial he had a dwarf as a son that had his intelligence.

41 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Personally for me it's the curse of the kin slayer (from the books) that makes me think the Tyrion/Targaryen theory might turn out to be real. Martin isn't one for neat resolutions, but the curse carries more weight in the books (not so much/at all in the show) and I can see that being how Tyrion gets out of it. 

Olenna is suffering for it right now.  Lol.  Does Brienne qualify for the curse after killing Stanley?

On 4/15/2019 at 12:08 AM, Nextmanup said:

I couldn't really figure out what it was supposed to be.

I was thinking the analogy might be more like a single shot pistol for very close range, not a siege engine type projectile, but I'm really not sure one way or the other. 

arya-weapon-1555295950.jpg?crop=0.549xw:

I think that's a weapon she's planning to use on the Night King.

Arya can still change faces, right? She'll try to appear as a wight walker and kill him.

The Night King will see right through that, obviously....

10 hours ago, /dev/null said:

there has been speculation that tyrion was the b*stard son of the Mad King and the wife of Tywin Lannister

I've heard that.

TBH there have been many people near the dragons.  Just not as how shall I say it "intimately" as Joh has.  

Game of Thrones season 8 premiere slays show's own viewer record

All previous episodes of Game of Thrones must bend the knee to their new queen, the season 8 premiere. HBO's slashing swords and sorcery hit delivered 17.4 million viewers for the first episode of the final season on Sunday. 

That gaudy number includes live television viewers combined with fans streaming the show on HBO Go and HBO Now. The 17.4 million viewers helped the episode, titled "Winterfell," beat out the season 7 finale, which logged 16.9 million watchers.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan