The Buffalo Bills - a stable and well-run organization?

WideNine

I like most of the moves this team has made, I don't think we'll make any big splashy moves in FA unless it's along the OL or a trade for a WR, Beane has come out and said he doesn't like to spend crazily in FA which makes sense since that's how we got in trouble in the 1st place. From here on out it should be draft players who fit this scheme, develop those players and resign them, occasionally picking up free agents who fit what were trying to do, at least that my take of what I heard at Beane's press conference when he was hired on.

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Not to kill the moment, let us not forget this personnel move.

112718-Matt-Darr

The guy was a one man wrecking crew to the special teams, bad punts & bad holds on kicks.  The good news is Cory & Corey will be the 2 punters in camp next summer and Darr will be able to crawl back under the rock he came from. 

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Didn't Cowher recommend we hire Chan Gailey as HC? That worked out well. 

I listen to Boomer a lot and his opinion is typically no more right than any of the other talking heads. 

I'm an Allen fan and lukewarm on McClappy, but how much Bills football do you think those guys actually watch? 

Are you suggesting that the opinions of Cowher and Esaison are no better than the ones posted by your average TBD stay-at-home son? :lol: 

Look. I get it. Some of you just refuse to be optimistic. You've been hurt before and don't want to be fooled again.

It's okay. I'm enjoying this enough for both of us AND our extended families.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The question is if they are a stable and we'll run organization.  Stable - yes.  Ownership is stable and you have a HC and GM that should be here for a while.  Well run?  Depends how you define things.  They seem to have a successful business going, so yes in that regard.  They have a HC and GM working well together.  So yes there.  But if you define by their record, they have work to do.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Haven't you been shitting on the nonoptimistic fans for the past 20 years? ? Don't worry. You'll be right one of these years. 

The difference between us is I don't care whether I'm right or wrong so long as I'm enjoying the ride, because I'm smart enough to know there is nothing I can do to change what happens at OBD except stop watching the team, and that's not an option for me.

But hey...you keep thinking you know more than actual coaches and players, and I'll keep enjoying the moments the team provides. :lol:

Happy New Year!

6 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Coach  Cowher says McD is on of the best coaches in the NFL.

Wonder how many Bills games Cowher  watched this year.  Over/under is 1/2.  He certainly didn’t watch either of the NE games.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Wonder how many Bills games Cowher  watched this year.  Over/under is 1/2.  He certainly didn’t watch either of the NE games.

I'll take the under. It seems like the talking heads are relevant only when they praise the Bills. Meh. Majority of them know nothing about the team. I'm much more interested in the data driven analysis from guys like Warren Sharp. To each their own.

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

His point was that he got the most out of a team with very little talent, particularly on offense.  That is what you want from your coach.  That is what he did. 

6 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Of course, when it comes to evaluating HCs and quarterbacks, none of them know anything, so I'll continue to trust the words of people who call our coach 'McClappy' and suggest Allen only did yesterday what the quarterback at Onondaga Community College could have done.

Rephrased: you'll continue to trust the words of anonymous internet critics in Mom's basement (the McClappy crowd) and diss the progress Allen had made.

You are either a master of sarcasm, or a master of cynicism. Hard to tell.

2 minutes ago, boater said:

Rephrased: you'll continue to trust the words of anonymous internet critics in Mom's basement (the McClappy crowd) and diss the progress Allen had made.

You are either a master of sarcasm, or a master of cynicism. Hard to tell.

Sarcasm. Life's too short to be cynical about my sports team.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

His point was that he got the most out of a team with very little talent, particularly on offense.  That is what you want from your coach.  That is what he did. 

And my point is that Cowher probably has watched zero Bills games this year, so his opinion that McDermott is a miracle worker is probably worth very little.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Are you suggesting that the opinions of Cowher and Esaison are no better than the ones posted by your average TBD stay-at-home son? :lol: 

Look. I get it. Some of you just refuse to be optimistic. You've been hurt before and don't want to be fooled again.

It's okay. I'm enjoying this enough for both of us AND our extended families.

Awesome post! Good things coming in 2019!

8 hours ago, WideNine said:

Who would've thought, but I look around the league and it is one dumpster fire after the next...

Credit the Pegulas for this at least, the Bills no longer seem to be THAT organization. Now if it can translate into serious progress next year, then even better,

They could easily be a dumpster fire if McBeane dont produce this year.

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

And my point is that Cowher probably has watched zero Bills games this year, so his opinion that McDermott is a miracle worker is probably worth very little.

Do you have a bat phone or a crystal ball; how do you know what does or doesn't do? He gets paid to provide analysis and being once a successful HC I'm sure he takes that seriously! I put more stock into his opinion than many that post on TBD!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

They could easily be a dumpster fire if McBeane dont produce this year.

And I do not think the Bills org would "easily" be a dumpster fire even if they made coaching changes. Not like dysfunctional stuff I see going on around the league.

They try to run things with a plan and vision for the org - they have a timeline and expect results just as much as the fans do... it is run more like a business with oversight and reliance on advice from different areas of expertise around the league rather than some kind of bush league pet project of a disconnected and whimsical billionaire.

As much as I loved what Ralph did for the Buffalo area, I think the Bills are run more professionally now and that brings stability. Stable organizations attract talent - both coaching and players.

3 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Do you have a bat phone or a crystal ball; how do you know what does or doesn't do? He gets paid to provide analysis and being once a successful HC I'm sure he takes that seriously! I put more stock into his opinion than many that post on TBD!

I’ve got nothing against Cowher; he’s certainly more knowledgeable than a lot of talking heads out there, but the opinions I’ve read about the Bills in the national media are generally so uninformed that I question whether most of them have ever watched a Bills game.  Like it or not, the Bills are invisible to pretty much everyone who isn’t from WNY, and for good reason.  They’ve been irrelevant—not to mention boring—for a very long time.

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Simms cannot control or hide his undying love for the Patriots. Boomer and Cowher May have been throwing out some hot takes, but I don’t think the Bills look like a disaster and actually outperformed the pundits predictions with rookie Allen at QB. Year 3 will be critical in determining Beane / McDs futures. 

At least Simms brother likes our QB :)

• Like (+1) 1

Stability will be accessed when they sign that big time, big personality diva superstar WR and/or RB. They’re out there to get and the Bills should do it now. Expect a cry-baby, but an excellent talent. IF McCoy is willing to make that superstar feel at home, that could really help. We’ll see if this current Bills organizational staff can handle that hot mess.