What I don't understand is how did D.K.Metcalf become Bill's RD1 mock draft guy?

2 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Forget about the measurables for a second Metcalf gets separation and wins at that line. He’s very raw but I don’t think Beane is put off by projects. 

Allen, Edmunds and Metcalf have a lot in common in that regard.

EDIT: Not to mention Bills scouts were at 3 of Metcalf’s games 

I honestly think he is the favorite to be our pick. This staff does not seem to have an issue developing talent and Metcalf might be the most talented player in the draft even though he is very raw. It would be similar to the Allen and Edmunds picks last year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/27/2018 at 10:39 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I want a combination of WR/RB in rounds 1 and 2. I realize an early RB is the thing that will probably upset most Bills fans most,but we really need a guy. It has to be a guy that can be an every down back and I’d assume more often then not, you need to get that guy early.

Agreed. I used to hate the idea of drafting a RB before round 4 but there has been a renaissance at that position lately. RBs have become very important in the passing game. My dream draft is trade down to like 16 for an extra 2nd rounder, draft DK Metcalf or N'Keal Harry, then Josh Jacobs with our first 2nd rounder, followed by the best available tight end. Then go all out on offensive and defensive linemen for the remainder of the draft. We need offensive skill players first and foremost, then fill out the trenches. We can fill our defensive needs in free agency.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, billspro said:

I honestly think he is the favorite to be our pick. This staff does not seem to have an issue developing talent and Metcalf might be the most talented player in the draft even though he is very raw. It would be similar to the Allen and Edmunds picks last year.

Plays like a young Andre Johnson.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/27/2018 at 9:34 PM, TroutDog said:

The most important metric, points against, has us as a mid-tier D.

Actually, no. Points against is a bad metric. Indeed over 40 percent of the points given up vs Miami were via an offensive turnover, and the Bills turned the ball over a LOT this year. Their offense was 30th best at avoiding turnovers and 31st best at avoiding interceptions. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Edited by dave mcbride

On 12/27/2018 at 3:35 PM, TucsonBillsFan said:

Don't get me wrong I like him as a clear RD2 wr and that's what he was projected to go in the second round so why is every mock draft I see the bills picking DK I mean clearly there is a lot more better options in my opinion. He is the fifth best wide receiver in this year's draft

But in every latest mock draft the past few weeks the bills are all over him the experts think anyway let me know your thoughts

I personally think the Bills should trade down to like pick 13 pick up a extra second and possibly a 5th and draft ol first..little should fall at 13th and with the 2 second round get a wr and a cb.

Let me know your thoughts guys

if the 'experts' assume the Bills' biggest need is WR, and they rank him as the top WR in the draft,logically, that is their choice. but THEY arent running the team. Beane might very well make some deals. Bills have work to do in free agency prior to the draft, so its early for predictions.

On 12/27/2018 at 3:42 PM, Boatdrinks said:

“Experts “ often put drafting for need first.  It makes them look like they know what they’re doing by simply penciling in a team’s greatest deficiency in the first round. Who would argue ? That’s fine for casual NFL fans , but more educated fans know that putting need above all else in round one is a sign of a bad GM. The DL is a draft strength and while the Bills D is their stronger side, Sunday’s debacle vs NEs ground game exposed their D line. It will depend on the exact draft spot, but the Bills should pick a defensive player with their first selection in April. 

Right, why try to fix a position of need when theres other positions to double up talent on.  Us casual fans must not remember CJ Spiller and how much value he brought to the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Plays like a young Andre Johnson.

That's the closest comparison I see as well.

Fans complain all season about the lack of offensive talent on the team, particularly at the WR position.  Now they're balking at drafting a premier talent at WR inside the top 10.

Wha??? 

Edited by Chicken Boo

2 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Right, why try to fix a position of need when theres other positions to double up talent on.  Us casual fans must not remember CJ Spiller and how much value he brought to the team.

Again, it will depend on the exact draft spot. An RB in round one is usually a bad idea, even worse when you already have one. Spiller was a terrible pick for lots of reasons. At the time of the post, a top five pick looked very possible. That’s the problem with these early mocks. Now that the spot is known ( 9) the elite DL will be gone. An OT or even a WR now looks possible. The Bills DL is a rotation anyway and losing a key player, but no need to worry with them sitting at 9. They won’t go DL there.

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Again, it will depend on the exact draft spot. An RB in round one is usually a bad idea, even worse when you already have one. Spiller was a terrible pick for lots of reasons. At the time of the post, a top five pick looked very possible. That’s the problem with these early mocks. Now that the spot is known ( 9) the elite DL will be gone. An OT or even a WR now looks possible. The Bills DL is a rotation anyway and losing a key player, but no need to worry with them sitting at 9. They won’t go DL there.

We already had Freddy and Marshawn, but Spiller was electric (BPA). BPA is subjective and a gamble.  Terrible Oline and WRs are not debatable and will not get fixed if we ignore them in the draft.  A book end OT is much more valuable than a great DE, especially when FA and the draft dept is much deeper.  

Unless the gap between BPA and next guy is substantial 

Edited by BillsMafia13

1 minute ago, BillsMafia13 said:

We already had Freddy and Marshawn, but Spiller was electric (BPA). BPA is subjective and a gamble.  Terrible Oline and WRs are not debatable and will not get fixed if we ignore them in the draft.  A book end OT is much more valuable than a great DE, especially when FA and the draft dept is much deeper.  

As has been discussed , BPA is an oversimplification and overused term. Player rankings on a teams board are often very close. The Bills have a lot of needs, but it still holds true that QBs, elite pass rushers, elite pass protectors and elite WRs go high in round one. I can’t say for sure that the Bills would take an OT over an elite DE, but picking at 9 they won’t have that problem. The elite pass rusher will certainly be gone and possibly a top OT as well. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Actually, no. Points against is a bad metric. Indeed over 40 percent of the points given up vs Miami were via an offensive turnover, and the Bills turned the ball over a LOT this year. Their offense was 30th best at avoiding turnovers and 31st best at avoiding interceptions. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Apologies. I meant points allowed by the D, not total points allowed as in hockey. 

26 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Apologies. I meant points allowed by the D, not total points allowed as in hockey. 

Even still, the Bills D started from the worst field position (32nd overall) in the league when opposing offenses began their drives. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2018.htm. The offense was terrible at moving the ball for most of the season, they turned it over a lot, and the special teams were terrible too.  That sort of thing dramatically affects point totals. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

That's the closest comparison I see as well.

Fans complain all season about the lack of offensive talent on the team, particularly at the WR position.  Now they're balking at drafting a premier talent at WR inside the top 10.

Wha??? 

He has some concerns like injury history and for a guy at his size he should be much more dominant at the POA and he has a limited route tree but if the medical clears up you can develop him. He's a premier talent.