Matt Barkley extended for two years

jletha

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup.  You keep bringing in players.  And Hoyer and Cassel, as limited as they are, are both spot starters and 10 year backup guys.  

I agree, but I think timing has to be right.  For instance... this offense needs a lot of help and I wouldn't be using picks on a QB in the top 3 rounds.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Im fine with taking a qb every year.  If Allen doesn’t progress as a passer next year, I want a qb in the first the following year.  Never settle.

Even with Allen and Barkley we still need another arm for TC. Even if Allen becomes a HOF you still draft QB often. Maybe not with your money picks but you would hope eventually you land a nice QB later in the draft. I'd have no issues at all with spending a 7th on QB every year. Maybe we find a Cassel or a Brady. Either way you still need someone to run with the 3s.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

They drafted Jimmy G that high because they didn't think Brady would still be there in 4 years.

But based on the position of qb, especially Bills one, shouldn’t we assume the same thing about Allen?  

And im not saying a 1st round pick.  But middle to late and/ or bringing in another vet.  I just say someone saying we have our Kelly/ Reich and hope the Bills don’t think like that.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree, but I think timing has to be right.  For instance... this offense needs a lot of help and I wouldn't be using picks on a QB in the top 3 rounds.

I completely agree with that.  IMO, the first 3 picks need to be oline and receiver.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But based on the position of qb, especially Bills one, shouldn’t we assume the same thing about Allen? 

Assume...that since he's been in the league so long that he's playing on borrowed time?

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Even with Allen and Barkley we still need another arm for TC. Even if Allen becomes a HOF you still draft QB often. Maybe not with your money picks but you would hope eventually you land a nice QB later in the draft. I'd have no issues at all with spending a 7th on QB every year. Maybe we find a Cassel or a Brady. Either way you still need someone to run with the 3s.

Really need 4 QBs for TC.  One that will be expected to make the team and one that won’t, but will have a chance to prove himself and be insurance against injury at the position. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Really need 4 QBs for TC.  One that will be expected to make the team and one that won’t, but will have a chance to prove himself and be insurance against injury at the position. 

With as many recievers as they hopefully bring in they should need a camp arm.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/23/2018 at 12:36 PM, Doc said:

Assume...that since he's been in the league so long that he's playing on borrowed time?

Assume that he probably won’t be a franchise qb 

onviously, I’m not super high on Allen but I think every team should assume that about every young qb.  Because odds are, they won’t be.

57 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Assume that he probably won’t be a franchise qb 

onviously, I’m not super high on Allen but I think every team should assume that about every young qb.  Because odds are, they won’t be.

No team drafts a QB in the 1st, much less high, and then drafts another high in the next few years.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:37 AM, NewDayBills said:

I would not mind a guy like like Brian Lewerke in the 7th round. We don't have to, but in the event we do add another QB I'd love to go there with our very last pick. Obviously we are in very good hands, once again, we don't have to but I would not mind an UDFA/6th/7th on a developmental prospect just to add to the mix.

I have no words for how bad Brian Lewerke is 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/21/2018 at 3:14 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

You guys are going to regret this the next time he is asked to play close to a full game that counts. ;)

If he needs to play close to a full game that counts of course we are going to regret it - it means our starting QB is hurt!

On 12/21/2018 at 3:45 PM, Misterbluesky said:

For the life of me I don't understand what Beane is waiting for...he's our best dl against the run and he's consistant.It's a no brainer!

Maybe because player has no brain games?

Maybe agent has advised player to wait and look at other offers?

On 12/22/2018 at 1:03 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

That win bumped his record up to 2-5.

and I’m completely biased but I think EJ is better than Barkley (and every stat and physical trait proved that).  But that would probably just create a qb controversy and we can’t have Allen deal with that pressure ?. (I’m kidding and know there is no way to bring EJ back here. But it’s joke he doesn’t have a job somewhere and Peterman does).

?

Peterman was qualified for a job EJ could not have - member of a practice squad.  EJ also would not make a good human jug machine for DBs.

• Haha (+1) 1