So I put in an offer on a house today

Kirby Jackson

great work kirby!  congrats.  what a great house for a young, single guy.  it has everything you need, no updates needed, nice back yard, etc.  i'm a big fan of building equity, and this is a winner.  tomorrow i sign on a business loan to finally build my own building, (this is my LAMP).  i was sick of renting a space that didn't work, so i'm building a building with a lab so i pay myself.  the debt is a kick in the nuts at first, but after 2-3 years, life settles, it becomes easier.  i'll sell it or give it to my kids.  i'm done renting or leasing anything.  

• Like (+1) 4

Must be that time of year. My wife and I, as of tomorrow (Wednesday) will have been in our new house for just two weeks. Still have boxes to unpack of course. Good luck with the process, it took about two months from our initial viewing of the house to moving in. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Just Jack said:

Must be that time of year. My wife and I, as of tomorrow (Wednesday) will have been in our new house for just two weeks. Still have boxes to unpack of course. Good luck with the process, it took about two months from our initial viewing of the house to moving in. 

the mortgage process currently is awful.  

• Like (+1) 1

My son is going through the mortgage process now. I can’t believe all the personal financial information that they want him to email to them.  Everything that you aren’t supposed to do is exactly what they want him to do.  I’ve spoken to other people who have recently gone through the process, and they said that they also were asked to email way too much sensitive information. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Awesome. 3 bed rooms.  

Can I book 1 bedroom for beginning of may? for 3 weeks.  

Done

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Looks freaking great! Fingers crossed all goes well!

i am on phone so apologies  if easy to tell.. but where is “ new area”!

It’s in Gentilly not far from the park. I have some friends around there. It’s where all of the young professionals (or a lot of them) are going.

38 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is a total LAMP post but I’m excited. I’m recently single (after 10 years) and it’s something that I’ve been thinking about. This will (hopefully) be my first house. I will find out by tomorrow.

I thought you just got married? Ok well I’m way behind. congrats on the house!

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought you just got married? Ok well I’m way behind. congrats on the house!

I was SUPPOSED to get married but that didn’t happen. Oh well

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

So how is an old dolt like you gunna fit in!

I’ve got room!! It’s just me and my dog that weighs 16 lbs

Can you walk to the Ugly Dog Saloon? 

Uber is your friend. I walked TO the saloon, but was incapable of walking back. But 22-9 still sticks in my head. 

If it’s not this one, it will be the next. Don’t fret over that part of it. Life unfolds as it is supposed to. I promise. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is a total LAMP post but I’m excited. I’m recently single (after 10 years) and it’s something that I’ve been thinking about. This will (hopefully) be my first house. I will find out by tomorrow.

Congrats.  

Looks nice 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan