The Trump Shutdown

8 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Cutting through the slats was never going to be that hard. It was just Trump trying to save face and offer a compromise. 

If that cross section of the hollow steel with concrete inside (that’s what it appears) is right, hand power tools would work fine to penetrate it. 

It will always need to be watched and patrolled to be effective. I assume that’s always been someone’s plan, not that the pols are eager to share those details. 

yeah, no. i'm not saying you can't cut through them. rather that you are going to need some serious tooling to do so. a 'saw' is not really going to do it. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I think it's because even I, bastion of patience that I am, get annoyed when I provide you two knuckleheads independently verifiable facts, and you go "Nah. You're wrong. Why are you so emotional?"

It's like trying to convince small children, only they are cleverer and less stubborn than you two.

Ahh man, it's a shame. I kind of liked him, but I guess he missed the fact that we keep finding them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/10/solar-powered-drug-tunnel-discovered-on-mexican-border-with-california

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/us/drug-tunnel-arizona-mexico-trnd/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smuggling_tunnel#US–Mexico

It's almost like drug cartels are very motivated people and have more ingenuity than Lil' Baby Trump.

Dude, stop being some candy ass *feels* baby.  Snowflake af. You take this place way serious and then show you know nothing. The guardian!  That's like straight from the Britts intelligence wing.

34 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I looked up leader in the dictionary and there was a picture of Dan Crenshaw.  

He's about #50 on the list of Congresspeople who have already made this commitment.

Ds and Rs both. They are all getting all the political mileage they can get from grandstanding about it. 

45 minutes ago, Foxx said:

yeah, no. i'm not saying you can't cut through them. rather that you are going to need some serious tooling to do so. a 'saw' is not really going to do it. 

No, not serious. Some power handtools would get through it without much trouble.  

It doesn't matter--it's meant to be a detriment, not impassable. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Shutdown reaches the people-will-die stage

People Will Die is the last-resort of the Democrat Party arguments.

CBS reported on June 26, 2017, "Nancy Pelosi warns 'hundreds of thousands of people will die' if GOP health bill passes."

The Daily Caller reported on July 10, 2018, "'People Will Die': Yale Students, Faculty Outraged Brett Kavanaugh Might End Abortion."

The Guardian reported on September 19, 2018, "'People will die': Obama official's warning as Trump slashes refugee numbers."

And of course, CNBC reported on December 4, 2017, "Economist Larry Summers predicts 10,000 will die per year due to tax reform."

The government shutdown reached that point today at 4:46 AM, when CNBC reported, "The 'doomsday' scenario: Here's what happens if the shutdown drags on. Economists warn that a catastrophe is in the making if the partial government closure continues for weeks or months."

The predictions are worthy of a global warmist. They include:

• 38 million low-income Americans lose food stamps
  • 6 million face an uncertain timetable for collecting tax refunds
  • 2 million without rental assistance and facing possible eviction
  • 800,000 paycheck-less federal employees plunged into dire financial straits
  • Shuttered parks and museums while overstressed airports cause tourism to tank
  • Federal court system slows to a crawl
  • Disaster relief money doesn't get to storm-ravaged areas
  • Lapsed FDA and EPA inspections lead to dangerous outbreaks
  • Private companies looking to go public are stuck in limbo
  • Stock market plummets

And as always, if this keeps up, hair will grow on the palms of your hands.

CNBC reported on March 16, 2016, "If Trump wins, stocks will crash 50%: Wedbush pro."

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2019/01/shutdown-reaches-people-will-die-stage.html

They forgot the most important headline that will affect millions:

image.thumb.png.7e2ea85dfdcba0341d5071e735c77895.png

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Addition: In the meanwhile, unless opinion radically shifts, they can let Trump keep shooting himself in the foot for 2020.  Polls have people blaming Trump more for the shutdown than Democrats, and if they keep sending bill after bill for a clean passage to open the government and then negotiate for the wall, they keep looking reasonable while Trump keeps killing off votes for anyone outside of his cult.

Trump has no incentive to care about empty promises for future negotiation; Pelosi has already explicitly stated that they're not going to negotiate even if he agrees to open the government.

The Democrats have stupidly painted themselves into a corner with no weasel room. Popular opinion is eventually going to turn against their blatant unreasonableness, especially if Trump keeps the message going that he's at the White House ready to negotiate at any time.

This is why you never (as a politician) deal in absolutes. You either look weak or like an idiot if you have to cave.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

bull####. those are not saw marks. in fact they more closely resemble slag marks from a torch. more than likely a plasma torch. good luck getting the requirements for that to cut a hole in the fence.

And the Marine Corps combat engineers to do it.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thread: 

I looked up some of the currently active "National Emergencies."  Most of them for the past ten years are things like "sanctions against human rights abusers in Burundi" or some such.

The left is disingenuously complaining about this not reaching the seriousness of a "National Emergency," which is a standard they set artificially, ridiculously low.

• Like (+1) 1

But much more on the left than the right, considering DC is largely a blue city with blue voting gov't workers.

No, the pressure will be on the right.  DC metro area is a Democratic stronghold; Republicans are the source of all evil.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

But much more on the left than the right, considering DC is largely a blue city with blue voting gov't workers.

I suspect that it's far more likely that the federal workers will be telling their reps "Give him the $5 ***** billion so we can get back to work (with retroactive pay)" than they will be telling them, "Hey, don't worry about us, stick it to the orange bastard!"

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

you are just plain dense aren't you?

Lol, they cut a hole in it! 

Of course they did! Maybe we will need a wall to protect the stupid wall! 

23 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I suspect that it's far more likely that the federal workers will be telling their reps "Give him the $5 ***** billion so we can get back to work (with retroactive pay)" than they will be telling them, "Hey, don't worry about us, stick it to the orange bastard!"

You didn't hear? They cut a hole in the steel slats! My God, you still want the thing? Will we have to guard the wall that is suppose to be guarding us?? 

They cut a whole hole in it! Guess who this makes someone look like a real as s hole! ?

Edited by Tiberius

Where are the libertarians? An out of control government! Will they stay silent? Yes 

Nayda Alvarez wants nothing to do with any border wall, but her acre of land in Rio Grande City, Tex., where she lives in a brown house along the dividing line between the United States and Mexico, has become of great interest to the U.S. government.

She, along with dozens of other landowners in the Rio Grande Valley, received surprise letters from the federal government in recent months, requests from officials who are seeking access to their properties for surveys, soil tests, equipment storage and other actions. It is, lawyers and experts say, the first step in the government trying to seize private property using the power of eminent domain — a contentious step that could put a lengthy legal wrinkle into President Trump’s plans to build hundreds of miles of wall, some of which passes through land like Alvarez’s.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/trumps-border-wall-would-need-private-property-but-texas-landowners-plan-to-dig-in-for-lengthy-legal-fight/2019/01/10/d7e4cba8-1443-11e9-803c-4ef28312c8b9_story.html?utm_term=.04fa1257500d

YOUR DAILY TREACHER: If the Dems Want to Lose the Wall Fight, All They Have to Do Is Keep Talking. 

“I’m a #BuildTheWall skeptic, but the Dems are really starting to bring me around.”

NBC's myth of sawing through the wall

NBC reporters showed they know as much about saws as they do AR-15s.
DwlADbHXcAEnOKE.jpg

The network reported"A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools."

Common tools?

My readers take care of me and one of my favorites called NBC out.

He wrote, "Cleary these were cut with an acetylene torch (one tank of acetylene and one tank of oxygen each weighting  about 70 plus pounds) something every illegal immigrant brings along as he comes to sneak into our country.

"How stupid of NBC. I guess a New Yorker would swallow this but a good ole boy from West Virginia does not. More Fake News Follies (that sounds like a good book title)."

With this leaked "exclusive," the Deep State derped itself again.

Notice, the NBC report is saying " Trump wall prototype "... and then about halfway through the article they say, " though this is a picture of existing steel bollards and these tests were performed years ago >....." bla bla bla. It a old picture helps a narrative of .. no wall will work, .. no, not ever

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2019/01/nbcs-myth-of-sawing-through-wall.html

My Chippendale Dancer name is Steele Slatts

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1