Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?

Gugny

Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?

Bad pass, worse drop. I still voted pass though.

I think Allen could have corrected his feet and got it in there.  He avoided their rush so well I don't think he realized how much time he gave himself. For Clay, he did about all he could.  If he caught it, it would have been an incredible diving catch.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

It did more than that: it hit Clay in his stone hands.  He would have dropped a perfect spiral.

True and I agree, but I don't understand why people say it was a bad pass, what was bad about it? It made at least 2 yards deep into the endzone, yet I keep seeing it referred to as a bad pass, why? No one can argue that it didn't get there, Clay dropped it, it's 100% on Clay.

Edited by pop gun

The pass is a super freaky play.  The ball traveled well over 50 yards.  Clay needs to gather himself and make the play.  Only Mahomes or Rodgers could have made that pass.  Clay was surprised by the pass coming to him and wasnt in good position to catch it.  Mahomes get 5 passes caught like this a game.  If Buffalo pass catchers dont get the ball on the numbers they dont catch it.

16 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The pass is a super freaky play.  The ball traveled well over 50 yards.  Clay needs to gather himself and make the play.  Only Mahomes or Rodgers could have made that pass.  Clay was surprised by the pass coming to him and wasnt in good position to catch it.  Mahomes get 5 passes caught like this a game.  If Buffalo pass catchers dont get the ball on the numbers they dont catch it.

maybe a miracle win would have been too much too soon for Allen

It was on Clay as much as the drop against Carolina last season was on Zay.

Not a great throw, but certainly catchable. Now if you spent last season bashing Tyrod Taylor for the throw against Carolina and are not claiming this was all on Clay, you're being intellectually dishonest.

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It was on Clay as much as the drop against Carolina last season was on Zay.

Not a great throw, but certainly catchable. Now if you spent last season bashing Tyrod Taylor for the throw against Carolina and are not claiming this was all on Clay, you're being intellectually dishonest.

not sure... what's the current fine and penalty for copping to being intellectually dishonest, but just this once 

:D

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

not sure... what's the current fine and penalty for copping to being intellectually dishonest, but just this once 

:D

It's more like having a little weed than a major offense. Most cops will let you go with a warning if you don't act like a prick.