Josh Allen to Zay Jones

Just now, NewDayBills said:

I waited all year for this and it finally happened was so nice to see. 2 TDS + the 2pt conversion. Breakout game for Allen. Breakout game for Zay. I know we lost, but this is what you want to see from those guys. Next year is looking good.

Yep agreed.  Excited for the rest of this year and beyond.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rk_Bills86 said:

It's been said before, but man, Zay has really been improving since the middle of the Packers game. I don't know if he'll ever be a #1, but he looks to be developing into what could be an amazing WR2

Ditto. He can be very nice player though indeed. Certainly a guy I'd want to have hang around.

I think we need a solid #1WR, #TE, C, RG and RT and a new #1RB to compliment Allen. I think we have our QB.  Shady is not the same, I'm not sure if he has a bounce back year, but we need more from the RB position. Maybe a better OL will do the trick. I'm happy Zay is breaking out. Nice to see Foster and McKenzie chipping in. If Ray Ray can slot in as a #4 that would help too.

I'm not sure what happened on the play early that Josh missed a wide open Zay in the endzone. When I watched the replay I thought it was a bad pass he has to make. I thought, however, listening to McDermott on the postgame talk about it, that either Josh assumed Zay was going to sit on the pattern, or Zay was supposed to sit on the pattern, which would have made it a great pass and Zay screwed up, not Josh. If he was supposed to sit, he blew it. Again, I am not sure what McD was inferring, but he seemed to be saying it was a miscommunication not a misfire, which it appeared to be.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm not sure what happened on the play early that Josh missed a wide open Zay in the endzone. When I watched the replay I thought it was a bad pass he has to make. I thought, however, listening to McDermott on the postgame talk about it, that either Josh assumed Zay was going to sit on the pattern, or Zay was supposed to sit on the pattern, which would have made it a great pass and Zay screwed up, not Josh. If he was supposed to sit, he blew it. Again, I am not sure what McD was inferring, but he seemed to be saying it was a miscommunication not a misfire, which it appeared to be.

They'll have many many opportunities to correct this. Today was profound. This was the first time Josh Allen and Zay Jones wreaked havoc on a NFL secondary. Big boy accomplishment. Now they did it once, they know they can do it again. ;) 

14 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Zay was good but dropped a pair of easy ones too.  

Catch them all bud, we needed it 

Hope you're not referring to the one in the end zone and catch/no catch on the last drive??  Neither of those were easy catches.  Could they have been made, sure but far from easy, in particular the one in the end zone.

15 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I liked much of what I saw.  I'm getting more and more comfortable with the thought that Josh Allen may have what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL going forward.  Zay Jones is easily a starting caliber WR right now.  Josh Allen still does rookie stuff, but he looks like he's learning and getting better.  I'm really ticked with some of the sloppy and undisciplined play we saw today.  It's hard to point out one or two players.  They're spreading it around, but  most teams are going to beat you if you're doing that stuff.  Muffed punt catch, taunting penalty, false starts - that kind of crap.   Last year the Bills weren't doing nearly as much of it.  Lately though, it's getting worse.

Edited by TigerJ

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I liked much of what I saw.  I'm getting more and more co9mfortable with the thought that Josh Allen may have what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL going forward.  Zay Jones is easily a starting caliber WR right now.  Josh Allen still does rookie stuff, but he looks like he's learning and getting better.  I'm really ticked with some of the sloppy and undisciplined play we saw today.  It's hard to point oat one or two players.  They're spreading it around, but  most teams are going to beat you if you're doing that stuff.  Muffed punt catch, taunting penalty, false starts - that kind of crap.   Last year the Bills weren't doing nearly as much of it.  Lately though, it's getting worse.

Couldn’t agree more! That sloppiness and lack of discipline cost us the game! They beat themselves IMO.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Thanks. Apparently in the locker room Zay said it was his fault, he was supposed to sit.

That fact makes a huge difference in whether or not you thought Allen has a huge accuracy problem. Without knowing this kind of stuff you never really know.

The cure for that is experience. He is building good chemistry with Allen already ?

15 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Zay Jones is WR#2 at best. I remember Woods and Hogan played better for Bills. And they proved it in other teams.  I hope I am mistaken and Zay will develop in very good WR. And we need a reliable WR#1 because Benjamin is absolute zero.

Zay Jones will have a 1,000yd season with Allen probably next year. Allen is a 4,000yd passer I think in 2019, Zay will continue to be Allen's favorite target, more targets cause he trusts him. Bills need to draft Marquise Brown and sign LeVeon Bell. Draft 4 OL. Need more production out of RB. 

Edited by NewDayBills

54 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I waited all year for this and it finally happened was so nice to see. 2 TDS + the 2pt conversion. Breakout game for Allen. Breakout game for Zay. I know we lost, but this is what you want to see from those guys. Next year is looking good.

Next year is looking promising. Release players like Benjasuck and Clay. Sign Funchess and draft Marquise Brown.  Upgrade this bad OL. Finally fire Crossman and Castillo. 

• Thank you (+1) 1