So our bust qb was responsible for nearly 400 yards of offense

36 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Stats are nice. Wins are better.

You do realize there 44 players who start each game every week.  22 players on Allens team starting.  Wins and losses are not pinned on one man.  

Josh is showing great potential, you just want to keep selling your negative narrative on him to be right 

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I think he got better as the game went on (and really as the season has gone in). Those things will hopefully come in time.

He was amazing all day outside the pocket.  He seems to get happy feet in the pocket a little and has a few throws he kind of fast balls.  Every QB has a few throws a game they'd like back.  Overall he looked great.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The miss to Zay Jones was miscommunication.  Not poor accuracy.

After the play, he motioned to Jones that he expected him to stop, instead of continuing in his route.  That is why the pass was behind him. 

Things like this can be expected with a rookie with 7 starts under his belt, throwing to a second year receiver.

Not sure where else he had "awful" accuracy today.

That's exactly what is was miscommunication or Zay not knowing that he was alone. Zay knows he's alone and he probably just sits in the hole. With practice and chemistry building that is a TD in the future

• Like (+1) 1

At least Josh is electrifying to watch. He is very elusive for his size. It's a hard task for defenders to sack him nonetheless the O line is often broken. He converts scrambles into long runs. He finally threw for 200+ yards, 2TDs and 2pt conversion pass. I was not sold in before his injury, but now I feel more and  more optimism. He has heart, legs, outstanding arm. And  he is teachable. Give him good mentors and coaches, upgrade O line and WRs , TE  and he'll be great.  

Edited by Artem Lipatov
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

It was amazing that Allen kept that play alive.  It definitely appeared to make it to Clay and it looked like he had a chance to catch it.  It was not a perfect strike.  Given the amount of running around Josh had to do and the distance I can't blame him.  Josh made a great play and Clay didn't but it wasn't a perfect throw.

Frankly it was as good a throw as anyone in football could have made in those circumstances.  Humid day, end of game, kid was gassed, ball probably was a bit wet, throw was very long and across his body, made after running around, no chance to realize he had time to set his feet.  I’m not trying to argue, but ... come on.  It was a ridiculous play and clay should have finished it.  Rodgers might be able to make that play, but I honestly don’t think anyone else could do have done it.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The miss to Zay Jones was miscommunication.  Not poor accuracy.

After the play, he motioned to Jones that he expected him to stop, instead of continuing in his route.  That is why the pass was behind him. 

Things like this can be expected with a rookie with 7 starts under his belt, throwing to a second year receiver.

Not sure where else he had "awful" accuracy today.

The announcers made reference to that. Personally I think it's BS. Even if he's stopping you still lead him a little because he needs time to decelerate. Besides, Josh was throwing behind Zay on cross routes all game. 

But even if we give that one to him, it's about the pattern over the whole year and the fact it isn't getting better. What's getting better is Allen is becoming more consistent making plays with his legs. He's routinely missing guys when he has time and they're open though. I don't care that it's only seven starts. That's enough time to understand what the issues are, and right now his accuracy is by far the biggest issue standing in the way of his development. That's not something QBs usually get dramatically better with. Let's hope Josh can beat the odds.   

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The potential with Josh is incredibly intriguing. 

The guy can do it all. He reminds me a lot of Rodgers.... except he is extremely inaccurate at times. He missed many open receivers and had some pretty awful throws in the first half. He came out a different QB in the 2nd half. 

next year when we hopefully get a better ol and receivers i think this team could be special. when josh gets time in the pocket i think you will see a more accurate passer.

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

People have had the same agenda since April.

And they're all of them, to a man, wrong.

Funny thing is, I was just thinking this feels like 1987 to me.  This kid is a gamer through and through.  McDermott knows what he is doing.  The D is there.  And we can fix the offense.  

Two premature thoghts:  the tre White trade might be one of the best in NFL history one day.  I realize there was plenty of moving on our end, but basically it works out to mahomes for white and Allen.  The way these guys are all trending ... it might be really special.

and, I will not be at all surprised if one day josh Allen will have the largest contract in NFL history.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Frankly it was as good a throw as anyone in football could have made in those circumstances.  Humid day, end of game, kid was gassed, ball probably was a bit wet, throw was very long and across his body, made after running around, no chance to realize he had time to set his feet.  I’m not trying to argue, but ... come on.  It was a ridiculous play and clay should have finished it.  Rodgers might be able to make that play, but I honestly don’t think anyone else could do have done it.  

I really don't see any difference in what either of us said other than you seem to think excuses make it a perfect throw and I don't.  There are plenty of reasons why it was a hard throw to make.  It definitely looked like it made it to Clay and he had a chance to catch it.  It also looked like a "perfect" throw would have been into the end zone.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Funny thing is, I was just thinking this feels like 1987 to me.  This kid is a gamer through and through.  McDermott knows what he is doing.  The D is there.  And we can fix the offense.  

Two premature thoghts:  the tre White trade might be one of the best in NFL history one day.  I realize there was plenty of moving on our end, but basically it works out to mahomes for white and Allen.  The way these guys are all trending ... it might be really special.

and, I will not be at all surprised if one day josh Allen will have the largest contract in NFL history.  

Dude, post more. Seriously.

• Like (+1) 1

He certainly had his ups and downs but he's still only making his 7th career start. That missed TD to Zay stands out and the final throw to Clay was a little underthrown but Clay should have caught that.

Allen was fantastic in the 2nd half and was pretty much their entire offense. Imagine how he'll look with a year of experience and better receivers/o-line.

I was skeptical when they drafted him but he's really shown great potential the past two weeks coming off an injury.

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

How much longer are you gonna pretend Allen’s not a good QB ? 

Who's pretending?

He's showing his inconsistencies in the passing game and using his legs to try to compensate, just like most other running QB's have done. What we're seeing here is nothing new, it has happened in the league before... How many turn out to be the franchise QB y'all are hoping for?

Edited by PeterDude

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I really don't see any difference in what either of us said other than you seem to think excuses make it a perfect throw and I don't.  There are plenty of reasons why it was a hard throw to make.  It definitely looked like it made it to Clay and he had a chance to catch it.  It also looked like a "perfect" throw would have been into the end zone.

That play could not have been made any better.  Those aren’t excuses.  They are realities.  Maybe one other guy in football could make that play.  The throw was plenty good enough to win the game. 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

That play could not have been made any better.  Those aren’t excuses.  They are realities.  Maybe one other guy in football could make that play.  The throw was plenty good enough to win the game. 

It also looked like a "perfect" throw would have been into the end zone.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

He had plenty of time for most of the day. He holds the ball a long time which is expected of a raw QB like Josh. 

The strip sack late in the game was completely on him for not stepping up into a clean pocket. 

Mills sucked which isn't a surprise. They need to upgrade the starting RT spot. It's been long overdue. 

the line is definitely better a pass protection than run blocking. if we can ever get a run game going this offense is really going to be fun to watch

16 hours ago, PeterDude said:

Who's pretending?

He's showing his inconsistencies in the passing game and using his legs to try to compensate, just like most other running QB's have done. What we're seeing here is nothing new, it has happened in the league before... How many turn out to be the franchise QB y'all are hoping for?

Good luck with your crusade ??    

• Like (+1) 2