Bills QB Josh Allen is changing skeptical minds. ---- Brady Quinn apparently prefers potential over results

10 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He is going to have more than NFL future.  Not only does he have a cannon but he might be the best QB on the move in the entire game.  Give him an off-season and by this time next year, he could be top 5.  With the right moves in the off-season, we could win it all next season.

you don't think this is slightly off the ranch?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

you don't think this is slightly off the ranch?

Not at all.  Most good-great QB's in this league are close to their peak by the end of their second season nowadays.  We have a great defense and a ton of cap room.  Allen has basically ran for 100 yards in back to back games.  He has thrown about 200 passes in this league and he is getting better and better.  He looks like he is going to be very good if not great very soon.  Our offensive line is one of the worst int he league and if and we don't have the weapons.  Build this offense up and this team is going to be a beast next season.  There is a changing of the guard coming with QB's in this league.  The Rams went from terrible to a beast in one year and I could easily see the Bills doing that next season. 

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Tough season, but anyone with an ounce of football sense has to be excited about Allen and his future

First half I was definitely down on him....but they changed up the play calling and he finally started hitting shorter passes on a more consistent basis, which gives me more hope than I had.

• Like (+1) 1

Seriously, the only way you cannot see that there is something special about him is if you already had a negative view of him and simply being too hard-headed to see it.  For being such a raw rookie he showed tons of promise.  We should have won but the ref and clay screwed us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PeterDude said:

It was not a good throw. You want a franchise QB who makes plays to win games, the QB needs a better throw there, bottom line.

Name the quarterbacks that get that throw anywhere near Clay, let alone complete it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He is going to have more than NFL future.  Not only does he have a cannon but he might be the best QB on the move in the entire game.  Give him an off-season and by this time next year, he could be top 5.  With the right moves in the off-season, we could win it all next season.

I gotta do it.

get off sauce

laugh out loud. see, no abbreviations 

my above post is how I see it at this point. you're seeing way too far ahead and unless you are related to ole' nos there, lets not put the cart before the horse so to speak.

future does look bright though, can you dig it

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I gotta do it.

get off sauce

laugh out loud. see, no abbreviations 

my above post is how I see it at this point. you're seeing way too far ahead and unless you are related to ole' nos there, lets not put the cart before the horse so to speak.

future does look bright though, can you dig it

It's a league of parity.  You need to get off the sauce if you think we can't be a contender next season if Allen continues to improve which he will. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you know I did...

l

a

u

g

h

o

u

t

l

o

u

d

Let's revisit this again this time next year and see who is laughing.  Allen is going to be so much better this time next year.   I hope you and others have a nice hearty laugh but I will be laughing last and laughing hardest.

29 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Not at all.  Most good-great QB's in this league are close to their peak by the end of their second season nowadays.  We have a great defense and a ton of cap room.  Allen has basically ran for 100 yards in back to back games.  He has thrown about 200 passes in this league and he is getting better and better.  He looks like he is going to be very good if not great very soon.  Our offensive line is one of the worst int he league and if and we don't have the weapons.  Build this offense up and this team is going to be a beast next season.  There is a changing of the guard coming with QB's in this league.  The Rams went from terrible to a beast in one year and I could easily see the Bills doing that next season. 

okay, fair enough. can you do me a favor though, please list all the second year QBs who have won Superbowls.

thanks.

Edited by Foxx

19 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Let's revisit this again this time next year and see who is laughing.  Allen is going to be so much better this time next year.   I hope you and others have a nice hearty laugh but I will be laughing last and laughing hardest.

did it really go that far over your head? I was not laughing at the fact that you believe they win it all next season. no, I was laughing at the get off the sauce cliche', in kind of a parity way. kind of being cool about it as to not offend you, you know, folks tend to get offended now and then. especially if it may be going against or making light of such a bold prediction. 

but hey, it was in fun man and if it were to come to pass, by god, we sure will revisit it and in all glory.

can I get a hallelujah. wait, what the hell am I doing, I'm not a religious man.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

okay, fair enough. can you do me a favor though, ple as se list all the sevond year QBs who have won Superbowls.

thanks.

Brady, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Warner did it in year one.  Kaepernick got there in year two, so did Marino and Unitas.  Wentz led the Eagles much of the season last year then they won with a backup.  None of this matters though because there have be over 50 Super Bowls and 4 of those wins have come in the last 20 years.  So in the modern era, about 20-25% of Super Bowls have been won by QB's with 2 years or less experience in the league.  It is not nearly as unheard of as many of you are trying to make it out to be.

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

did it really go that far over your head? I was not laughing at the fact that you believe they win it all next season. no, I was laughing at the get off the sauce cliche', in kind of a parity way. kind of being cool about as to not offend you, you know, folks tend to get offended now and then. especially if it may be going against or making light of such a bold prediction. 

but hey, it was in fun man and if it were to come to pass, by god, we sure will revisit it and in all glory.

can I get a hallelujah. wait, what the hell am I doing, I'm not a religious man.

Yep I guess that went over my head.  I must be a dummy.