Bills QB Josh Allen is changing skeptical minds. ---- Brady Quinn apparently prefers potential over results

8 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

Don't be dense.  

It has absolutely NOHTING to do with whether I'm a fan of Allen or not.  Although I will say, I LOVE his character, play, demeanor, EVERYTHING about the kid in the cliche'd ""intangible" category.   But sorry, that doesn't answer the mail in terms of performance and his performance in the passing game so far on this season, is A, worse than that of any of his draft peers, NONE Of which cost their teams as much to get as him, and B, is bottom-dwelling on the season.  

Whether he's "here for a while" or not I can't control but also think will be determined by what I've said.  

Man, so many of you take exception to the most objective of comments.  Frankly, I'd LOVE it if he were "here for a while," because LIKELY it would meant that he''s at least playing to average NFL standards as  a passer, which would mean that his rushing would render him more than adequate for a QB regardless of whether he becomes a franchise QB or not. 

Now, dost that all add up to you to "my not being a fan of Allen?"  

Again, don't be dense.  

I'll try not to be dense.

I wasn't going to go all Gung Ho on Josh (even though he was one of the 2 QB's I preferred  - the other one is doing much worse)  until I saw consistent improvement.

He's a ROOKIE.  It comes with lumps and bruises.  I see improvements and very few of the bad mistakes in Sept and Oct.  To me that's a good sign. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

Don't be dense.  

It has absolutely NOHTING to do with whether I'm a fan of Allen or not.  Although I will say, I LOVE his character, play, demeanor, EVERYTHING about the kid in the cliche'd ""intangible" category.   But sorry, that doesn't answer the mail in terms of performance and his performance in the passing game so far on this season, is A, worse than that of any of his draft peers, NONE Of which cost their teams as much to get as him, and B, is bottom-dwelling on the season.  

Whether he's "here for a while" or not I can't control but also think will be determined by what I've said.  

Man, so many of you take exception to the most objective of comments.  Frankly, I'd LOVE it if he were "here for a while," because LIKELY it would meant that he''s at least playing to average NFL standards as  a passer, which would mean that his rushing would render him more than adequate for a QB regardless of whether he becomes a franchise QB or not. 

Now, dost that all add up to you to "my not being a fan of Allen?"  

Again, don't be dense.  

Not to be cute, but what does your analysis tell you about the worth, or lack of it, of the supporting O cast’s talent level, and how do you propose to account for it in your comparison models of the other QB’s you’ve referenced? Put another way, do you believe that any of the other rookies would be putting up better numbers if they had a current Bills jersey on? For me the physical tools that JA has been blessed with provide the highest upside of any of them if properly harnessed, channeled and developed. Nothing that’s happened since he’s come back from the elbow leads me to believe that can’t or won’t happen. Fair enough? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Not to be cute, but what does your analysis tell you about the worth, or lack of it, of the supporting O cast’s talent level, and how do you propose to account for it in your comparison models of the other QB’s you’ve referenced? Put another way, do you believe that any of the other rookies would be putting up better numbers if they had a current Bills jersey on? For me the physical tools that JA has been blessed with provide the highest upside of any of them if properly harnessed, channeled and developed. Nothing that’s happened since he’s come back from the elbow leads me to believe that can’t or won’t happen. Fair enough? 

The biggest is the offensive line.  We are paying ours $12 million total.  The next lowest is the Texans at $24 million....double ours!

We remember how bad Houston's offensive line was.  We hit Watson like he was in a pinball machine.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yawn.  And "launching attacks" is a bit dramatic.

Lol.  You think I was being condescending?  Re-read your posts.  You are a bully plain and simple.

Well, don't like it don't be a self-righteous hypocrytical jasckass that spouts off with inaccurate and opinionated fact-less points challenging FACTs.  

Really, you need to have that explained to you?  

Try being civil out of the gate and maybe I'll reciprocate.  What, seems like you can dish it out just fine but when it comes back to you it's off to mommy's apron.  

On 11/29/2018 at 7:07 PM, PIZ said:

After Sunday's game, should I worry anymore that Allen's elbow injury will have lasting effects on his accuracy, arm strength, and accuracy?  I cringed every time he pumped his fists and when he did the hand shake celebration with Shady.

Looking back on it, the elbow injury may have been a blessing in disguise. We’ll never know, but to me it felt a little like things were spiraling out of control, but the time off allowed him to regroup, and the game has slowed down just a bit. Regardless, yesterday was fun to watch and I found it very encouraging. Long, long way to go.....but encouraging. 

2 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

Well, don't like it don't be a self-righteous hypocrytical jasckass that spouts off with inaccurate and opinionated fact-less points challenging FACTs.  

Try being civil out of the gate and maybe I'll reciprocate.  What, seems like you can dish it out just fine but when it comes back to you it's off to mommy's apron.  

Speaking of which, I am still waiting for you to tell us which short to intermediate passes that Allen struggled with in yesterday's game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

So you respond to me calling you a bully by doubling down and calling more names.  Class act.  Reported.

9 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It tells me that you're reaching for an excuse and ignoring facts.  Everything must be factored in, but then since Darnold and Rosen are both posting better numbers in the passing game, are you ready to annoint them as good as Allen?  

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Speaking of which, I am still waiting for you to tell us which short to intermediate passes that Allen struggled with in yesterday's game.

Translation:  In your world his peformance against one team ranked in the bottom quartile in a single game trumps his overall play on the season. 

Noted!  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

It tells me that you're reaching for an excuse and ignoring facts.  Everything must be factored in, but then since Darnold and Rosen are both posting better numbers in the passing game, are you ready to annoint them as good as Allen?  

Gotta love Rosen's 11/26, 149 yards and 0 TD performance yesterday...now that's what I call operating at high efficiency!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

So you respond to me calling you a bully by doubling down and calling more names.  Class act.  Reported.

Make sure they see the entire thread, eh.  ; ) 

What a baby you are.  You toss out nonsense and when your arguments get proven to be just that, nonsense, you begin the crying.  

Whatever.  My posts are civil with others.  

1 minute ago, TaskersGhost said:

Translation:  In your world his peformance against one team ranked in the bottom quartile in a single game trumps his overall play on the season. 

You went on and on about how he struggles in the short to intermediate throws. Tell us which short to intermediate throws he struggled with in the last two weeks? It is a simple question.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Gotta love Rosen's 11/26, 149 yards and 0 TD performance yesterday...now that's what I call operating at high efficiency!

So we're boiling down how good QBs are based upon any random game then?  Is that it?  

Just checking.  If so, let me know.  We'll go week by week then.  

1 minute ago, TaskersGhost said:

Make sure they see the entire thread, eh.  ; ) 

What a baby you are.  You toss out nonsense and when your arguments get proven to be just that, nonsense, you begin the crying.  

Whatever.  My posts are civil with others.  

You just can't help yourself can you?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, TaskersGhost said:

So we're boiling down how good QBs are based upon any random game then?  Is that it?  

Just checking.  If so, let me know.  We'll go week by week then.  

Let's compare them play-by-play instead.

If you want to hang your hat on this idea that Rosen has been a superior passer, well, I'll be waiting.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

That's not fair you got to include his rushing yards 2 attempts for 32 yards.

I like Rosen; he was my QB1a for 2018 (Baker was my QB1b)...and I was absolutely terrified for him on that 33-yard run.

Like, please dude, get down...my reputation for QB evaluations is on the line here :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

Noted!  

What excuse did I reach for and what am I ignoring?