Bills vs. Jaguars All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

26CornerBlitz

8 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Keep an eye on Tremaine and Star.  That was some righteously bad run defense in the 1st half.

I think you’ll see Tre (and Milano) were just fine and the problem was the strategy of linemen penetrating up field instead of clogging the lanes. The Jags seemed to take advantage of the aggressiveness and simply pushed lineman up field and passed the RBs. There were simply too many holes for the LBs to fill. 

Besides Fournette’s ejection, the improvement occurred when linemen stopped penetrating up field and focrced the OL to move them out of the way. 

Subscription required for full access:

After a four-week hiatus, rookie quarterback Josh Allen returned to the field with a bang. Allen’s Bills teammates fed off of his “spark” and “electricity,” as LeSean McCoy referred to his play after the game, and it propelled them to a 24-21 win over the visiting Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.

Fans have even more reason to get excited about Allen considering he had the chances to put up better passing numbers in this game. If you simply scout the box score, you will miss a lot of the story, which included Bills mistakes that negated Allen’s gains. He finished 8 of 19 for 160 yards and one touchdown, while also using his mobility to extend drives and put points on the scoreboard. He rushed 13 times for 99 yards and one touchdown. Allen’s physical gifts, which Jaguars coach Doug Marrone acknowledged after the game, were on display on the Bills’ second drive of the game.

15 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Incredible throw. Most QBs couldn't even get that throw off and Allen threw an absolute perfect strike 50 yards in the air

On the flip side, if he doesn't get hit it's probably an overthrow  :devil:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

14 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Keep an eye on Tremaine and Star.  That was some righteously bad run defense in the 1st half.

Tough first half indeed in giving up 173 rushing yards and Edmunds certainly had his share of poor plays.  But it was a total team effort in suckitude. For instance, on Westbrook’s 43 yard end around scamper, we lost outside contain by multiple players. Hard to fault Star and Tremaine for that.

But as bad as we were in the first half, we were that much better in the second in holding them to 53 yards on the ground. Great adjustments by the coaches. People will say it was losing Fournette,  but I don’t buy it as he didn’t do much in the entire third quarter when it was apparent from their opening drive that the D line was playing more gap control vs. shooting the gaps and letting Olinemen take them where they wanted to go. 

Edited by K-9

3 hours ago, eball said:

That Allen to Foster toss is one of the NFL's throws of the year.

Can you say "elite arm talent?"

Seems this should have its own thread, but maybe I missed it. One throw doesn’t make a player, but it sure gives you hope. 

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I remember this play from the game and I thought he missed the crossing route too but I think this replay shows why...Benjamin does come open but it's after Bodine misses blitz and he's into Allen's throwing lane. Other Jags LBs do a good job of slowing development of clearing routes underneath which hurts timing, as Benjamin comes across the first hash those routes should have cleared out LBs from middle of field, instead they get caught in wash and Allen can't tell (an experienced vet would be able to imo) if one of them's about to jump the route. If Croom (I think? might have been Thomas) doesn't get jammed at LOS I think Allen hangs in there, takes the hit but gets the ball to Benjamin for a nice gain...imo he's not worried about the blitzer, he's hesitating because he thinks one of the LBs might be spying the middle. 

• Like (+1) 2