Sport Science: Josh Allen has the strongest arm in NFL History---74 MPH Velocity

Big Turk

14 hours ago, Utah John said:

Let's just hope the rest of his game continues to develop.  He's doing OK this year, no question about it, but there's a lot of improvement needed as he goes forward.  He could turn into something really special.

Especially with his running ability and that cannon of an arm , he can be an absolute beast in this league . 

I believe Josh Allen has one of the strongest arms ever in the NFL, but I wonder how far back the technology goes to be able to accurately test that, and if every possible contender has been tested.  I am optimistic that Allen has a very high ceiling, and I am excited to watch him progress on his learning curve.

Edited by TigerJ

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If he was running like this ppl would say that he has Cam like running ability.

I honestly think that a better comparison for him is Ben R. when he was young.

He DOES have Cam like ability...Newton's top speed was also 20.6 MPH and he has been clocked at 20+ MPH 4 times since 2015. Allen already has been clocked over 20 MPH twice in 7 games.

Roethlesberger has wet dreams about being as fast as Allen is.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He’s not just QB fast... he is NFL fast

As you see everytime he pulls away from LBs who ran faster 40 times...

16 hours ago, Utah John said:

Let's just hope the rest of his game continues to develop.  He's doing OK this year, no question about it, but there's a lot of improvement needed as he goes forward.  He could turn into something really special.

Please give him some time to develop.   He is a true student of the game.  He made the most of his time on the sidelines.   He will be ok.

On 11/26/2018 at 3:18 AM, njbuff said:

74 mph doesn't mean a darn thing when you have to convert a 3rd and 7 to keep drives alive. And I don't just mean running for first downs.

If Allen can channel that, then the sky's the limit.

He does.

They just get called back due to penalties.