Wrong Josh > Right Josh/Taylor

Teddy KGB

19 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

So when Allen has a bad game, people bang the table saying it’s too soon to judge him. When he has a decent game it’s perfectly okay to come to conclusions? 

Which Josh do you prefer ?    

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Exactly. It's bonkers.

Josh played well yesterday. It was probably all things considered his best game for the Bills. But the too early to judge argument still applies. When we can start to get excited is if he begins to stack good performances one on top of the other.

I don’t see any reason why Allen won’t be a long time answer at the qb position with a little progression and some reinforcements on the OL.  

33 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I don’t see any reason why Allen won’t be a long time answer at the qb position with a little progression and some reinforcements on the OL.  

Let's hope so. A couple of his better throws yesterday were called back for offensive line penalties (and needless OL penalties as well... it wasn't as though the holds prevented sacks). I still worry about his short game. You don't bring home the bacon week after week in the NFL with bombs. You have to have consistent chain movers. But yesterday did show some growth and some progress and a step in the right direction. He needs to stack good games together and the schedule the rest of the way gives him an opportunity to do that.

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

“Right Josh” throws for 105 yards in a 35 point loss 

“Wrong Josh” runs for 100 yards and throws for 160 in a 3 point win 

“Right Josh” has 10 td’s 11 int’s and a 2-6 record (two wins vs 49ers) 

RIP to the Rosen > Allen crowd 

RIP to the Taylor > Allen crowd

It's way way way too early to know about either guy.

Gunner's post here makes sense. There's reason for hope ... for both of them, really.

Edited by Thurman#1

Just now, Thurman#1 said:

The only thing that's RIP at this point is your good sense in this particular case.

It's way way way too early to know about either guy.

Gunner's post here makes sense.

Wrong.      The Taylorheads just sank from 6 to 7 feet deep yesterday. 

The Rosen-ites are making zero posts lately for a reason.      Maybe that one guy can change his screen name 

7 hours ago, Rico said:

Stats are for losers, the only thing that matters are wins. Josh got the win today, advantage Josh.

Nah. The Bills got the win today. Advantage the Bills. Wins are not a QB stat, they are a team stat.

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Wrong.      The Taylorheads just sank from 6 to 7 feet deep yesterday. 

The Rosen-ites are making zero posts lately for a reason.      Maybe that one guy can change his screen name 

Who is posting about what might not have negative relevance to what these two guys will become and what will be said about their careers in the future, but it sure doesn't have any relevance above zero.

It's way way way too early to know about Rosen and Allen. And the Taylorheads mostly disappeared within a month of letting him go.

Sorry you saw my post before I edited it for politeness, or rather for my rudeness.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nah. The Bills got the win today. Advantage the Bills. Wins are not a QB stat, they are a team stat.

Who is posting about what might not have negative relevance to what these two guys will become and what will be said about their careers in the future, but it sure doesn't have any relevance above zero.

It's way way way too early to know about Rosen and Allen. And the Taylorheads mostly disappeared within a month of letting him go.

Sorry you saw my post before I edited it for politeness, or rather for my rudeness.

All is well ??.     I enjoy your posts 

I know it's early, but I definitely like how Allen is progressing.  You can actually see he is learning on the job and improving.  I am looking forward to next year with a better line protecting him and more weapons on offense around him.  While I like that he has the ability to run, I hope Bills won't have to rely on that ability in the long haul.  

As to who will be the better QB?  Who cares.  I think Allen is the type of QB that Bills fans are going to love.  

Edited by richardb1952
  • Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, richardb1952 said:

I know it's early, but I definitely like how Allen is progressing.  You can actually see he is learning on the job and improving.  I am looking forward to next year with a better line protecting him and more weapons on offense around him.  While I like that he has the ability to run, I hope Bills won't have to rely on that ability in the long haul.  

As to who will be the better QB?  Who cares.  I think Allen is the type of QB that Bills fans are going to love.  

People may take this next statement and make it into a hot take or run off with some rant about blah, blah, blah...

BUT, I see some Aaron Rodgers in Josh Allen and think in the future Allen will use his wheels the way Rodgers does: buying time, scrambling to make the play and yes, advance the chains when nothing else is available. Now, Allen of course has a loooooong ways to go to be as accurate or cerebral as Rodgers in pre-snap reads, quick throws and miracle games, but arm strength and mobility is most of what I'm referring to. 

Josh showed some decent poise in the pocket and absolute cold steel on the throw to Foster, which was one of the best passes I've seen from a Bills QB since Jim Kelly. And that's due to the pressure, standing in and delivering a strike. Just a thing of beauty. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

RIP to the Rosen > Allen crowd 

RIP to the Taylor > Allen crowd

Wrong Josh is 3-3 as a starter, including a loss in the Texans game that he didn't get to finish.

Wrong Josh has 3 TD passes, but also 4 rushing TDs in 6 games.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

21 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

People may take this next statement and make it into a hot take or run off with some rant about blah, blah, blah...

BUT, I see some Aaron Rodgers in Josh Allen and think in the future Allen will use his wheels the way Rodgers does: buying time, scrambling to make the play and yes, advance the chains when nothing else is available. Now, Allen of course has a loooooong ways to go to be as accurate or cerebral as Rodgers in pre-snap reads, quick throws and miracle games, but arm strength and mobility is most of what I'm referring to. 

Josh showed some decent poise in the pocket and absolute cold steel on the throw to Foster, which was one of the best passes I've seen from a Bills QB since Jim Kelly. And that's due to the pressure, standing in and delivering a strike. Just a thing of beauty. 

Give Allen another 2 years, like Rodgers got.

16 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Wrong Josh is 3-3 as a starter, including a loss in the Texans game that he didn't get to finish.

Wrong Josh has 3 TD passes, but also 4 rushing TDs in 6 games.

If Good Josh had finished the Texans game, the Bills would have won.  I have no doubt.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Would have been better to start TT until the bye and let Allen come in and be a better version of TT which is what I've said he'll be all along. Maybe a Cam clone, but not a pocket passer people said we needed when they let TT go. If he runs for 40+ per game they'll be better for it, I mean they'll be the same team we had with TT.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Give Allen another 2 years, like Rodgers got.

If Good Josh had finished the Texans game, the Bills would have won.  I have no doubt.

It was a beautiful pass for the TD by Nate, but I 100% agree with you.

As a matter of witness, it seemed like Josh's QB world was opening up a bit even on that eventual TD drive, the one he got hurt on.

Either a timely pass or running it for needed first downs I think we would have squeaked out of there with a win.

Would we be truly in the hunt for the playoffs if he ended up just leaving after the game?

No, but 5-6 (4-4 in the AFC) would have us seriously in the hunt. 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Would have been better to start TT until the bye and let Allen come in and be a better version of TT which is what I've said he'll be all along. Maybe a Cam clone, but not a pocket passer people said we needed when they let TT go. If he runs for 40+ per game they'll be better for it, I mean they'll be the same team we had with TT.

He's had 6 starts in his career.  

He made many plays within the pocket yesterday and most importantly, he attempts throws that we weren't willing to make in the past few seasons.  That's the biggest difference.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Jacksonville is 3-8 this year. They are not the dominant team they were last year.

Same defense 

5 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

No TT is Trash.    Thank the browns for the 3rd and let’s keep it moving 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

This reminded me of reading 'Goofus and Gallant' in Highlites magazine in the dentist's office back in the 60s.

No flaw in the reasoning or subject matter...it just reminded me of that.

Carry on.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1