Ivanka Trump Used Personal Email To Conduct Government Business

5 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

What is her position in this government?

Does she view classified information?

"Advisor" to the president.

She had fullTop Secret clearance: https://www.axios.com/ivanka-trump-security-clearance-status-jared-kushner-f0ff4333-3665-4778-9c35-ba10bae55d94.html

This means she has access to  foreign intelligence and the president's daily intelligence briefing

1 minute ago, OJ Tom said:

Grasping for straws.

Oh come on, I know that it's not going to lead to anything. I personally doubt anything of significance happened, and I would be shocked if there are any actually repercussions. I just like to mention it because of the raging shitstorm that people on this board rained on Hillary Clinton for doing pretty much the exact same thing.

I thought it was a nothing issue then, and I think it's a nothing issue now, but the hypocrisy is shocking.

5 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Did she wipe her servers? Like with a cloth?

Everyone knows that rich people don't clean their own things.

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

She had fullTop Secret clearance: https://www.axios.com/ivanka-trump-security-clearance-status-jared-kushner-f0ff4333-3665-4778-9c35-ba10bae55d94.html

This means she has access to  foreign intelligence and the president's daily intelligence briefing

Pssst... Next time copy/paste better. ?

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

But it's been established, without question, from the highest law enforcement official in the land, with the support of the entire Democrat party, that use of a personal email is no big deal. 

What's changed Cheesesteak?

6 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Pssst... Next time copy/paste better. ?

I wanted to make sure the information was accurate...which I don't notice you denying or disputing.

?

I answered your question, didn't I?

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

But it's been established, without question, from the highest law enforcement official in the land, with the support of the entire Democrat party, that use of a personal email is no big deal. 

What's changed Cheesesteak?

One, really, that's the best derogatory nickname you could come up with? Jeez, put in some effort you phonetically challenged hillbilly.

Two, like I previously wrote (and you ignored):

Oh come on, I know that it's not going to lead to anything. I personally doubt anything of significance happened, and I would be shocked if there are any actually repercussions. I just like to mention it because of the raging shitstorm that people on this board rained on Hillary Clinton for doing pretty much the exact same thing.

I thought it was a nothing issue then, and I think it's a nothing issue now, but the hypocrisy is shocking.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Everyone knows that rich people don't clean their own things.

Was the personal email use before or after she was a White House advisor?  Was it before or after she got security clearance?

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I wanted to make sure the information was accurate...which I don't notice you denying or disputing.

Did you notice me not caring? You're comparing the alleged actions of a first daughter to the certain actions of a former secretary of state. If you don't see how dumb you look, I can't help you -- sorry.

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

From CBS News:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ivanka-trump-emails-used-personal-email-address-for-government-business/

The official defended Ivanka Trump from comparisons to Clinton, noting Ms. Trump did not understand email communications rules and her emails also did not contain classified information. Ms. Trump also stopped using her personal address when she was informed her private email couldn't be used for government communication, the administration official told CBS News. 

Peter Mirijanian, spokesperson for Ivanka Trump's ethics counsel, Abbe Lowell, told CBS News in a statement she had used her email while she was "transitioning into government," and suggested she used her private account "until the White House  provided her the same guidance they had to others who started before she did."

Mirijanian stressed no classified information was transmitted in the messages, no emails were deleted and the emails have since been "retained" in conformity with records laws.

Now, if you would be so kind, please explain how that is in any way remotely similar to a Secretary of State conducting official business on a secret private server held at a private location, with Congress intentionally denied access to the server, and many email records destroyed. for the purpose of circumventing FOIA.

I'll wait.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Did you notice me not caring? You're comparing the alleged actions of a first daughter to the certain actions of a former secretary of state. If you don't see how dumb you look, I can't help you -- sorry.

The act of redefining the conditions for victory or completion of a task, either when the original conditions for achieving them were met or whilst the person or group is busy working to achieve the current conditions, in order to prevent them from succeeding. Usually done with malice by a superior or peer looking to exclude or remove people from a group by portraying them as incompetent of not completing the task they keep altering.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moving the goalposts

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

From CBS News:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ivanka-trump-emails-used-personal-email-address-for-government-business/

Now, if you would be so kind, please explain how that is in any way remotely similar to a Secretary of State conducting official business on a secret private server held at a private location, with Congress intentionally denied access to the server, and many email records destroyed. for the purpose of circumventing FOIA.

I'll wait.

Thhaaaaaaaat she had Top Secret clearance, and using personal email has all the security flaws inherent in personal email as opposed to a secure government account, and there was a risk of a data breach.

. I will give her credit that she stopped and reported it when she realized she had screwed up, but let's not forget: Clinton got raked over the coals, and rightfully so, and it turned out nothing happened. And you RebTards still keep harping on "Crooked Hillary"

So when the shoe in on the other foot, you trip over yourselves to explain it away? Do you realize how stupid you look?

7 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Thhaaaaaaaat she had Top Secret clearance, and using personal email has all the security flaws inherent in personal email as opposed to a secure government account, and there was a risk of a data breach.

. I will give her credit that she stopped and reported it when she realized she had screwed up, but let's not forget: Clinton got raked over the coals, and rightfully so, and it turned out nothing happened. And you RebTards still keep harping on "Crooked Hillary"

So when the shoe in on the other foot, you trip over yourselves to explain it away? Do you realize how stupid you look?

I accept your concession.

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Again, explain how the two instances are in any way similar.

Had Hillary Clinton done exactly what Ivanka Trump did no one would be making a big deal out of it.

But she didn't.

You're doing mental gymnastics to equate two things that are entirely dissimilar, and I'm requiring that you stick the landing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

You're doing mental gymnastics to equate two things that are entirely dissimilar, and I'm requiring that you stick the landing.

He's not doing it.  He's parroting what WAPO & NYT are telling him what to do.  Note how both stories omit the dates when Ivanka used her personal emails, when that's really germane to the story.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

?

I answered your question, didn't I?

One, really, that's the best derogatory nickname you could come up with? Jeez, put in some effort you phonetically challenged hillbilly.

Two, like I previously wrote (and you ignored):

That wasn't meant to be derogatory. I like Cheesesteak. Come to think of it, I also like Philadelphia. If, though, your name is actually WhitewalkerinPhilly, and people bullied you by calling you Cheesesteak, I guess I understand. 

I didn't ignore "Ivanka, The Sequel",  I wasn't aware you were going all George Lucas here. 

Anyway, have a blessed day. 

16 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Ivanka Trump is crooked.  There feel better? Does this make Hillary less shady?  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You are missing the point. The complete hypocrisy of this by Trump and his "lock her up" supporters. 

Edited by Tiberius

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh no. I am totally cool with Hillary being exposed as a shady politician. I want shady politicians gone.

Let's hold the current administration to at least the same standard of rigor, never mind all the previous nepotism claims that arose in the tariff exemptions for Ivanka's handbags made in China.

Speaking of which,  wasn't China a currency manipulator? ?

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are missing the point. The complete hypocrisy of this by Trump and his "lock her up" supporters. 

No I get the point.  It's not hard to follow idiocy.  

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Oh no. I am totally cool with Hillary being exposed as a shady politician. I want shady politicians gone.

Let's hold the current administration to at least the same standard of rigor, never mind all the previous nepotism claims that arose in the tariff exemptions for Ivanka's handbags made in China.

Speaking of which,  wasn't China a currency manipulator? ?

So you're saying the current administration is not under the same amount of scrutiny as previous administrations?? Are you seriously asking for that?  

Just now, /dev/null said:

Revoke her security clearance pending a review

Something that was not but should have been applied to former Secretary Clinton

To be fair, she reported it and the fed recommended an investigation that...just never got followed up on.

And yes, thay should have happened to Hillary.

Wanting transparency and accountability means not letting the people you might often agree with slide when they screw up

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No I get the point.  It's not hard to follow idiocy.  

So you're saying the current administration is not under the same amount of scrutiny as previous administrations?? Are you seriously asking for that?  

I'm sorry, I completely missed the Congressional investigation that occurred when this was first reported. When did that happen again?

*crickets*

49 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

We shall see...do you think she was setting up illegal, treasonous arms deals? Cuz that's what Hillary is suspected of doing.

Nuff said? Or do we have to drag this ridiculous argument and comparison out?

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

No, it doesn't.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

OK guys, let's take a vote. Which one should receive a get out of jail free card,  A or B?

hillary-clinton-winking-AP-640x480.jpgA

ivanka.jpgB

Conversely, which would you rather see in a women's prison?  :w00t:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Again, explain how the two instances are in any way similar.

Had Hillary Clinton done exactly what Ivanka Trump did no one would be making a big deal out of it.

But she didn't.

It's kind of like how President Trump and Hitler are similar. They don't share any of the traits that make Hitler Hitler, but they're both men, who were leaders of countries, who gave speeches, wore pants, and drank water. Just like here, Hillary and Ivanka both used email.

If you stop focusing on the ways in which they're different, they're basically the same.

4 hours ago, peace out said:

Donald-Trump-and-Ivanka-Trump-Vanity-Fai

Both this non-story and the above creepy photo are something the conspiracy guys would be excited about (if it was against the Deep State narrative). Don’t feed the beast. 

She used her personal email a few times during a transition time. BFD. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

16 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Both this non-story and the above creepy photo are something the conspiracy guys would be excited about (if it was against the Deep State narrative). Don’t feed the beast. 

She used her personal email a few times during a transition time. BFD. 

"Waaaaaaah"

You're gonna lose.