Voting Rights

Thurmal34

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

Making a joke about white guys playing video cowboy video games got your parties in a bunch too? And you talk about snowflakes?

Nope, I don't play kids games. Please explain to me how a white guy hates other white guys for being white? Are you some kind of moron?

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Though there is also real racist ***** (see Charlottesville) and it’s important to call it out too. 

What exactly does this mean?

What is the point, and what was demonstrated in that event that makes the point?

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

But he has a point.....has the left not gone off the deep end with all the hypocritical 'racist' bullsh-- ?

It has but it is unfortunately effective.  We just had an election.  The house went substantially to Dems who have spent the past 2 years bitching and moaning and offering pretty much nothing from a positive policy standpoint.    Anger, hatred and resistance motivated more voters. 

2 hours ago, westside said:

Nope, I don't play kids games. Please explain to me how a white guy hates other white guys for being white? Are you some kind of moron?

It’s 32.00001 degrees and you’re melting if my remark about white guys playing cowboy video games got you so upset. Buck up buckaroo and go shoot up a saloon. 

53 minutes ago, sherpa said:

What is the point, and what was demonstrated in that event that makes the point?

The cowboy video game outrage in this thread is stupid. He white race manipulating the Georgia vote count accusation is stupid. 

But there is real racism in our country and it’s worth battling. Every charge of racism is not invalid. 

On this board, it’s in vogue to attack leftist racism. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To a mod, after being spoken to to something else.  Bold.

Why even respond like that to a mod?

Rob, if you're going to respond to a mod like that, you have to do it more like "People who ban me for humor can metaphorically shampoo my crotch."  Because you'll still be banned...but at least the mods get a chuckle out of it.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

That you responded like this, rather than abusing your mod privileges, earns you some respect in my book.

Sorry, gang, but the whole “civility” and “avoid politics” in TSW is pretty well known.

Folks who don’t know the deal get a couple of PMs and a warning with no action.

Folks who do, and go there anyway....

Hapless out, enjoy PPP!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

There problem is more than a “handful of KKK nuts,” as I’m sure you know. 

The people who overblow the issue of race do the victims of racism no favors.  

But we can leave it since this is not the thread for that.

All 28 of them ! 

Run for the hills dumbass. 

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

It’s 32.00001 degrees and you’re melting if my remark about white guys playing cowboy video games got you so upset. Buck up buckaroo and go shoot up a saloon. 

The cowboy video game outrage in this thread is stupid. He white race manipulating the Georgia vote count accusation is stupid. 

But there is real racism in our country and it’s worth battling. Every charge of racism is not invalid. 

On this board, it’s in vogue to attack leftist racism. 

You're a moron. Just what I thought. Must really suck to suffer from white guilt. You're a white version of a uncle Tom. Congrats snowflake. 

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

It means he's not a serious person (or real person) worth responding to. 

He's proven that over and over despite people trying to honestly engage him. He's here to slide discussions, not to add to them. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I didn’t think of that.  Nice!

See, good reason to cancel his vacation. I rarely post on TSW anymore because some of the idiocy there would be sure to illicit some comments from me that would put me in a cell with Rob, and he's not my type.

21 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Touche. But we agree on honkey dominated. 

This is the kind of consensus we need in Politics. 

White's make up roughly 63% of the US population, and males make up the overwhelming majority of fans of the NFL.

What do you expect?

Also, why does it matter? 

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

White's make up roughly 63% of the US population, and males make up the overwhelming majority of fans of the NFL.

What do you expect?

Also, why does it matter? 

It doesn’t. Someone asked and I said that I didn’t know the racial political etc makeup of NFL fans but felt safe guessing that it was mostly men. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

It doesn’t. Someone asked and I said that I didn’t know the racial political etc makeup of NFL fans but felt safe guessing that it was mostly men. 

And you'd be right, but then you got into the idea of consensus, then took it a step further, assigning an implied belief structure to that group, and spoke to it pejoratively.

I'm not going to let you run from this.

Let's talk about precisely what you were getting at here.

21 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

And you'd be right, but then you got into the idea of consensus, then took it a step further, assigning an implied belief structure to that group, and spoke to it pejoratively.

I'm not going to let you run from this.

Let's talk about precisely what you were getting at here.

I poked fun at the mostly white guys that post here playing the popular cowboy video game on a Friday night. The board melted down because my remark was so pejorative and painful. 

If you want to ascribe that I hate white folks like some people here want to, please lay out your evidence. Unless you think the video game jibe was hate speech. If you do, we won't make much progress.

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I poked fun at the mostly white guys that post here playing the popular cowboy video game on a Friday night. The board melted down because my remark was so pejorative and painful. 

No, no...

That's a lie.

Here, I'll help you:

"This is the kind of consensus we need in politics."

Speak to that.

53 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, no...

That's a lie.

Here, I'll help you:

"This is the kind of consensus we need in politics."

Speak to that.

I said the board was mostly white and right-leaning. Someone said something like that the board was white and common sense. 

I noted that we both agreed the board was mostly white and praised our ability to find common ground in spite of our disagreement over the difference of "right-leaning" vs "common sense."

Isn't this a spectacular discussion?

Are you one of those who are eager to find the source of the people who fund my posts here? Even my overlords are bored by this. But I am getting rich by it. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

6 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

31 cases of voter fraud in 16 years since 2000 have been cited. If I’m missing any, plz feel free to add. 

Huge threat. Lets send troops!

So there's a minimum acceptable amount of tampering allowed before "the sanctity of the vote" is violated?

How much tampering is the limit?  Does that include Republican gerrymandering?

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Adding voters is clearly the goal for anyone that supports a healthy republic.

and yet ?

Explain the merits of votes being cast by individuals whom are uneducated, uninformed, generally disinterested, and in some cases who have no stake in the size or scope of government?

On 11/18/2018 at 3:11 AM, unbillievable said:

Eliminate all government taxes.

Every government program must be put on the ballot.

Charge $1 per vote. Unlimited amount of votes. Open to any person in the world via internet transaction.

Money generated will fund that specific program only.

An election where Paris Hilton could vote a million times.

Joke or stupid?

44 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Explain the merits of votes being cast by individuals whom are uneducated, uninformed, generally disinterested, and in some cases who have no stake in the size or scope of government?

Every American has the right to vote. Are you seriously saying there should be a qualification test?

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Russia posted Facebook ads. Huge threat. Let's spend two years and millions of dollars investigating it. 

Goalposts moved.

Try not to change the subject!