Jump to content
bdutton

Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

Recommended Posts

A Different Take on Trump’s Tweet Storm About ‘Progressive’ Democrat Congresswomen

 
FTA:
 

Yes, Trump used the opportunity to troll Pelosi, and forced her to rush to the defense of the same the group of people that had, just days before, denounced her as a racist, and who have been (and will continue to be) campaigning for her ouster.

 

That’s all hilarious, sure.  But the question is, will Americans miss the larger point Trump made in the noise created about the tirade being about “the Squad,” or being racist somehow?

 

I don’t think so, because such expressions as Trump’s aren’t uncommon in discussions among Americans today, as anyone outside of a leftist media bubble or a college outrage mob would know.  What is being discussed among Americans are ideas, and we Americans still like the American ideas of free markets, individual liberty, and limited government.

 

As a good friend of mine from Texas wrote to me on Monday:

As far as Omar goes, Trump is 100% right.  You had to flee point A to go to point B because obviously B is better.  Then you complain about B and actively work to make B different from what made it better than A in the first place.  If you want to change something so bad, then change A.  Race doesn’t have anything to do with that.

This is the crux of Trump’s tweets.  Race, in an objective view of this discussion, is nothing more than a red herring, and any suggestion that those tweets are racist is just smoke to hide the underlying truth -- the Left wants to fundamentally transform America, and is working to normalize the notion that it’s somehow noble of us to import enough people who can allow them to do so.

 

But the Left must be relying upon that smoke for 2020.  Consider that, in swing states, Ilhan Omar boasts a 9% approval rating, according to a recent poll.  A national platform of a prominent Democrat being “ashamed” of living in our national “hypocrisy” may not play as well in those states as Trump’s believing that America is “the greatest nation” on the planet, or that the principles which have long guided our country should be preserved.



 

 

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/07/a_different_take_on_trumps_tweet_storm_about_progressive_democrat_congresswomen.html#ixzz5twq9orkf 
 



 
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrober38 said:

 

Why has Trump never told Bernie to go back to where he came from?


Ask President Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrober38 said:

 

Why has Trump never told Bernie to go back to where he came from?

 

He and AOC share all the same views, yet Trump has never attacked him the same way.

 

AOC is a freshman, as are the other three. 

 

Bernie has been in DC since before Trump was on reality TV. 

 

It's an important distinction. Trump has never been shy about attacking Bernie. He just finds different ticks and nicknames for all his targets.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

 

The shampoo bottle line is great.  I probably would have gone with "warning labels on Pop Tarts," but his is better.

He's telling people to ignore the instructions on the shampoo bottle!

That's endangering children! That's racist!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

 

Why has Trump never told Bernie to go back to where he came from?

 

He and AOC share all the same views, yet Trump has never attacked him the same way.

How do you know he didn't mean Bernie?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

 

Why has Trump never told Bernie to go back to where he came from?

 

He and AOC share all the same views, yet Trump has never attacked him the same way.

 

There are literally hundreds of house members that share similar views that are not attacked by the president

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

 

AOC is a freshman, as are the other three. 

 

Bernie has been in DC since before Trump was on reality TV. 

 

It's an important distinction. Trump has never been shy about attacking Bernie. He just finds different ticks and nicknames for all his targets.

 

I don't buy it.

 

Trump says if anyone doesn't like it, they can leave and go back where they came from.

 

There's no reason Trump should only be singling out minorities with that take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, McGee Return TD said:

 

There are literally hundreds of house members that share similar views that are not attacked by the president

 

Name 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, unbillievable said:

How do you know he didn't mean Bernie?

 


Because he specifically mentioned "4 Congresswomen", and I believe he also referred to them as "The Squad", which has been the nickname attached to the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This weeks Newscycle:

 

Trump: “There are anti-American congresswomen and if they don’t like America,  they should leave.”

 

Congresswomen: “We’re the anti-American congresswomen he’s talking about, and this is like, totally racist.”

 

Trump: “Yep- there’s the anti-American congresswomen. Good job with self identification.”

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, unbillievable said:

How do you know he didn't mean Bernie?

 

 

I know you're dumb but your boy literally told everyone what they already knew

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

 

I don't buy it.

 

Trump says if anyone doesn't like it, they can leave and go back where they came from.

 

There's no reason Trump should only be singling out minorities with that take.


Forget they have darker skin pigmentation. Shesh. Take your prejudice and bigotry out of the equation.  Now, go re-read those three tweets. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

 

I don't buy it.

 

Trump says if anyone doesn't like it, they can leave and go back where they came from.

 

There's no reason Trump should only be singling out minorities with that take.

 

But that's because you're only snipping the tweet where it suits your argument. You're ignoring the rest of it, where he calls for them to come back and show them how it's done. You're also ignoring the fact he didn't identify any of the women by name -- yet they all knew who he was speaking about based on just calling them anti-American progressives. 

 

Trump's won this round. (Mainly because the left has made calling people "racist" meaningless... which is ***** dangerous if you walk it all the way out. Ask yourself why the party of "tolerance" would work so hard to minimize that word...)

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

 

Is that what happened here? Did Trump tell 4 Norwegians to go back to Norway?

 

Keep trying. 

 

He didn't specify who he was talking about.  If you don't see the flaw in  your "IT'S RACIST!!!" tantrum then I can't help you.  I'm sorry but you were the only ones that saw skin color.  We all saw ideology.  

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrober38 said:


Because he specifically mentioned "4 Congresswomen", and I believe he also referred to them as "The Squad", which has been the nickname attached to the group.

 

Nope. He didn’t. His tweet didn’t mention any specific person at all. The “squad” of idiots stepped forward to claim the title of progressive, democratic congresswoman who hate America.

 

even AOC, who wasn’t mentioned in the tweet, and isn’t from someplace else, decided it was about her... hm.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

 

But that's because you're only snipping the tweet where it suits your argument. You're ignoring the rest of it, where he calls for them to come back and show them how it's done. You're also ignoring the fact he didn't identify any of the women by name -- yet they all knew who he was speaking about based on just calling them anti-American progressives. 

 

Trump's won this round. 

 

He called them "Progressive" Democrat congresswomen

 

You're lying. They want you to lie. You do it for them. You're an enabler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:


Because he specifically mentioned "4 Congresswomen", and I believe he also referred to them as "The Squad", which has been the nickname attached to the group.

He said "congresswomen" and named Nancy Pelosi in the tweet.

He never said any names, nor mentioned "the squad", or cited a country or continent.

 

I guess California can be considered another country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:


Forget they have darker melanoma. Shesh. Take your prejudiced and bigotry out of the equation.  Now, go re-read those three tweets. 

 

Suggesting that the squad members all have cancer is racist!!

😉

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whatdrought said:

 

Nope. He didn’t. His tweet didn’t mention any specific person at all. The “squad” of idiots stepped forward to claim the title of progressive, democratic congresswoman who hate America.

 

even AOC, who wasn’t mentioned in the tweet, and isn’t from someplace else, decided it was about her... hm.

 

So great to see how unified the Republican Party was on today’s vote concerning statements I made about four Democrat Congresswomen - Trump

 

Everyone knew who he meant because everyone knows he's a racist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

 

But that's because you're only snipping the tweet where it suits your argument. You're ignoring the rest of it, where he calls for them to come back and show them how it's done. You're also ignoring the fact he didn't identify any of the women by name -- yet they all knew who he was speaking about based on just calling them anti-American progressives. 

 

Trump's won this round. 

 

He literally responded to the criticism by saying it was targeted at "4 progressive congresswomen" and then specifically labelled AOC in a following Tweet, and went on to post fake poll numbers for AOC and Omar.

 

It was pretty clear who he was talking about.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McGee Return TD said:

 

He called them "Progressive" Democrat congresswomen

 

You're lying. They want you to lie. You do it for them. You're an enabler.

 

So ... he didn't identify them by name or race? 

 

Thanks. :beer: 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BillsFanNC said:

 

Suggesting that the squad members all have cancer is racist!!

 


***** :wallbash: I'll go change it. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrober38 said:

 

He literally responded to the criticism by saying it was targeted at "4 progressive congresswomen" and then specifically labelled AOC in a following Tweet, and went on to post fake poll numbers for AOC and Omar.

 

It was pretty clear who he was talking about.

 

Yes. He made those tweets after AOC and others responded... outting themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McGee Return TD said:

 

He called them "Progressive" Democrat congresswomen

 

You're lying. They want you to lie. You do it for them. You're an enabler.

 

That's what i said... what are you talking about? Or are you just being a worthless ***** again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...