Darnold likely out Sunday

Roundybout

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This actually hurts us. McCown made our defense look like swiss cheese last year. 

He did? Yeah, the Jets beat the Bills last year on Thursday night but McCown was 14 of 20 for 140 yards and 1 TD. In the opener last year, McCown was 26 of 39 for 187 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs, one of which was the game-ender. The Thursday night matchup was the first game after they had traded Dareus which began a horrible three-game skid where the run defense was about as strong as wet toilet paper. Jets scored three rushing TDs (McCown scrambled in for one of them) and ran for 194 total yards. The Saints then came into town and blew 'em up for 298 yards on the ground. Mark Ingram had three TDs, Alvin Kamara had one, and currently unemployed free agent RB and big brother of Tremaine Edmunds, (Trey) had a 41 yard TD run late in 4th quarter. Even Drew Brees got in on the rushing TD action, scoring on a sneak and throwing for 184 yards and zero TDs. Gah, what an ugly game that was. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This actually hurts us. McCown made our defense look like swiss cheese last year. 

...good call bud....signed a one year, $10 mil guaranteed deal and certainly has earned it so far (COUGH).......so maybe this is his "Fitz audition" for 2019 whether with the Jesters or elsewhere for similar money as the proverbial "vet backup"...nice work if you can continue to get it...................

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

He did? Yeah, the Jets beat the Bills last year on Thursday night but McCown was 14 of 20 for 140 yards and 1 TD. In the opener last year, McCown was 26 of 39 for 187 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs, one of which was the game-ender. The Thursday night matchup was the first game after they had traded Dareus which began a horrible three-game skid where the run defense was about as strong as wet toilet paper. Jets scored three rushing TDs (McCown scrambled in for one of them) and ran for 194 total yards. The Saints then came into town and blew 'em up for 298 yards on the ground. Mark Ingram had three TDs, Alvin Kamara had one, and currently unemployed free agent RB and big brother of Tremaine Edmunds, (Trey) had a 41 yard TD run late in 4th quarter. Even Drew Brees got in on the rushing TD action, scoring on a sneak and throwing for 184 yards and zero TDs. Gah, what an ugly game that was. 

I was at that Thursday game sitting in the end zone and all I remember is Tyrod missing a thousand open recievers and McCown making plays on third down. He made some great plays in critical situations, running and throwing. It was annoying from what I remember. I probably remember it being way worse than it was. My buddy lost a bet and had to wear a Laverneus Coles jersey on a walk of shame through the parking lot. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

45 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I was at that Thursday game sitting in the end zone and all I remember is Tyrod missing a thousand open recievers and McCown making plays on third down. He made some great plays in critical situations, running and throwing. It was annoying from what I remember. I probably remember it being way worse than it was. My buddy lost a bet and had to wear a Laverneus Coles jersey on a walk of shame through the parking lot. 

I hope the Coles jersey came at a lesser cost than the infamous Kiko jersey. 

• Like (+1) 1