Do you drive in the left lane (fast lane) on highways?

Another Fan

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Occasional semi?  LoL...

Semis are allowed to go 65mph max here. All others 70mph.  Going to keep on passing semis all day and night.

I drive through the night.  With electronic log books with semis... Most are sleeping.  Also, you don't get that many passenger vehicles. Cities are a breeze too.

70 is the limit here for all vehicles. Most of the big rigs I see  are within 2-3 mph either side of it so when I set the cruise at the limit I get passed by about as many as I pass. 

19 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Life is a highway - I want to ride it all night long.

This song ... is #2 on my "worst songs, ever" list (second to "We Built This City).

Now it's in my head.

And I hate you.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/9/2018 at 2:55 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

What can I say.......I'm an *****.

I’ve encountered you again my friend.  This time you were driving just west and south of Cleveland in the furthest left lane of three lanes while the others were relatively clear.  The posted speed limit was 70 mph and many signs along the way saying pass on the left. You were going about 40 mph.

With this background out of the way let me say that the rest of us must admire your brilliance.  We were incapable of reading the pass on the left meant pass the guy who is going 40 on the left.  We completely failed to honor your need to look at the cell phone GPS sitting on your lap, how inconsiderate of us.  I guess our synapses fail to fire in the same elegant and brilliant ways that only yours can.

I do hope that you responded my one fingered communication and later found the heights of sexual ecstasy that you so deserve.  In fact further down the road there was as billboard indicating that “Adult World” was being visited by Stormy Daniels.  I assume this is where you were headed as a man with your intelligence and sexual prowess could not pass up such an encounter.

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday and I hope not to run over you on the way home :D

I try to stay in the middle lane or right lane. One thing I've learned about the left lane is its open game. The left lane could be any speed between 60mph and 90mph. Theirs been times I've been doing 70/75 in the left lane and someone's riding my tail because it's not fast enough for them. The middle lane and right lane are a safe bet of 70 or below. 

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I’ve encountered you again my friend.  This time you were driving just west and south of Cleveland in the furthest left lane of three lanes while the others were relatively clear.  The posted speed limit was 70 mph and many signs along the way saying pass on the left. You were going about 40 mph.

With this background out of the way let me say that the rest of us must admire your brilliance.  We were incapable of reading the pass on the left meant pass the guy who is going 40 on the left.  We completely failed to honor your need to look at the cell phone GPS sitting on your lap, how inconsiderate of us.  I guess our synapses fail to fire in the same elegant and brilliant ways that only yours can.

I do hope that you responded my one fingered communication and later found the heights of sexual ecstasy that you so deserve.  In fact further down the road there was as billboard indicating that “Adult World” was being visited by Stormy Daniels.  I assume this is where you were headed as a man with your intelligence and sexual prowess could not pass up such an encounter.

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday and I hope not to run over you on the way home :D

I do a lot of traveling my friend. It's a jungle out there, and sometimes I just need to slow down and gather my bearings. 

My biggest issue is when my GPS and cell phone start arguing over the correct route. It's when this happens, that I just throw my hands up in the air and break out the ether. This is probably what you witnessed during your travels. 

As far as Stormy goes, I probably would have stopped if it were 2006, but alas time waits for no one. 

• Haha (+1) 1

We drove back from the lake yesterday and there was a car just rolling along in the left lane for miles. My wife had to pass her on the right. I said “that’s what you do to people.”  Bold and making the world a better place, or just stupid? I’m not sure. 

14 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

My grandma flipped you off as she passed you the other day.

Did she evoke the Charles Barkley excuse? 

Oh, wait, maybe she didn’t get caught? 

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

She is a fan of Sir Charles, but, pray tell what is the excuse?

I risk going to hell if I connect the two. Are you really not aware? 

It’s as funny as his golf swing is disturbing. 

8 hours ago, Augie said:

We drove back from the lake yesterday and there was a car just rolling along in the left lane for miles. My wife had to pass her on the right. I said “that’s what you do to people.”  Bold and making the world a better place, or just stupid? I’m not sure. 

Are you okay?  Just checking....

I am a left lane driver who usually goes about 10-15 over the posted MPH.  I gladly get out of the way when someone wants to go faster.  I drove on the Autobahn regularly about 25 years ago.  My experience was that Germans know driving etiquette pretty damn well and could be an example to most US drivers.

Edited by JoeF
  • Thank you (+1) 1