Ameer Abdullah Released

10 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

Kerryon Johnson has looked pretty good in the action ive seen him in this year

He has, and he has still been limited by the way Detroit has used him. At one point he was averaging something ridiculous like 7 or 8 yards a carry and they were giving him the ball maybe 4 or 5 times a game. It seemed obvious from the beginning Johnson was their best back by far, and they still insisted on a very inefficient and not very effective rotation of backs up until about 2 weeks ago.

17 hours ago, vincec said:

They had better not use a 3rd round pick on a RB.

Agreed. Use a 1st or a 2nd. We need a Gurley type that can singlehandedly take over games. It’s not a coincidence that Goff and Gurley are both having excellent seasons. Spend the other 2 picks on OL and WR. 

16 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Anyone remember Abdullah The Butcher on Championships Wrestling? 

Remember Kareem Abdul Jabbar they played for the fins?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AbduKa00.htm

18 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Hard to figure why Detroit took him just ahead of David Johnson. He's a lot smaller and slower than Johnson. Still, I figure he'd be an upgrade over fan favourite Marcus Murphy. And he should come cheap.

What's interesting about this is that the Cardinals were all set to take Abdullah in the second round in 2015. They had gotten word that the Lions were going defense and then at the last minute, they went with Abdullah. The Cards were crushed. They were super high on the kid. They came out winners in the end, though, getting David Johnson a round later.

7 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Solid player. Injury concerns. 

I like what Chris Ivory brings to the table. Id think about him if Shady is out of the picture

...if I remember correctly, not many TBD'ers did.......pretty much labeled as a dead man walking before he got his damn parking space......

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

What's interesting about this is that the Cardinals were all set to take Abdullah in the second round in 2015. They had gotten word that the Lions were going defense and then at the last minute, they went with Abdullah. The Cards were crushed. They were super high on the kid. They came out winners in the end, though, getting David Johnson a round later.

Well the rumour is that the Cards really wanted Josh Allen with Rosen winding up the consolation prize. Let's hope that they didnt again back into the right pick despite themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Well the rumour is that the Cards really wanted Josh Allen with Rosen winding up the consolation prize. Let's hope that they didnt again back into the right pick despite themselves.

Yeah, that would be ideal. I'm surprised Rosen hasn't been injured yet as Arizona's line is about as bad as the Bills. 

Not good enough for us apparently, but the likely playoff bound Vikings who currently have two better backs than us thought it was worth a shot.

Abdullah is better than Murphy, and I would have like to have seen this happen. This team is going to need more running backs soon and it's going to suck if they need to spend a pick on one with all of the other holes that we're dealing with. And let's face it, they probably will.

3 hours ago, Nelius said:

Not good enough for us apparently, but the likely playoff bound Vikings who currently have two better backs than us thought it was worth a shot.

Abdullah is better than Murphy, and I would have like to have seen this happen. This team is going to need more running backs soon and it's going to suck if they need to spend a pick on one with all of the other holes that we're dealing with. And let's face it, they probably will.

Dude

We are set at running back especially if they are keeping Shady around with Ivory and Murphy backing him up.....

Fix this offensive line and you will see just how good these RB's actually are

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:28 AM, billmon06 said:

Abdullah looked like a decent draft pick by Detroit, but, as a long suffering Lions fan, it soon became apparent that he can’t break a tackle.  His penchant for fumbling is another issue.  Having said that, the Bills might be able to pick him up pretty cheaply.

Yea that is pretty much my take too. I liked him coming out, but he has been a soft runner with fumbling issues.

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Dude

We are set at running back especially if they are keeping Shady around with Ivory and Murphy backing him up.....

Fix this offensive line and you will see just how good these RB's actually are

Next year Shady and Ivory will both be 31 years old. Marcus Murphy may not be in the league right now if it wasn't for the Bills.

Look, I like all of them, but if you think we're "set" then you're sadly mistaken. This is going to be a gaping need in the very near future.