Midterm Election Gameday Thread

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

They are good for extra specials and cheaper beer lots of places today..heading to get a few with the wife now!

Lordy, is she smoking! In case you don't know( but I am sure I have brought it up 1000X), her place about a block and half away from ours in DC. I always run by her house in my short shorts hoping the advertisement pays off and she invites me in!

BTW, I just voted about 3:40..in and out in less than 3 minutes. I have no idea why, but we have 4 polling places within a mile of each other..makes no sense. I vote in a church, and directly across the street is an elementary school that is also a polling place..weird. 

Wife was handing out Spanberger stuff at another polling place today that skewed, let's say, a little older. Said the handicapped spaces were always filled with a line wiating to take the spots. She was laughing at how all the old folks were making fun of her supporting the Dems..almost all good natured..said when you get older you will wise up! Hah, we both in our mid 50'S!!!

:lol: :beer: 

(thread)

40 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Pry less than one in a million chance, but my dream scenario is a Chris Collins upset loss costing Republicans the House and a Bob Menendez upset loss costing Democrats the Senate.

The GOP was never really in danger of losing the Senate.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. Everyone is being polite (by PPP standards) and helpful to all so far. 

Might change when results start coming in... or maybe it'll be a kumbaya moment for PPP. 

A man can dream.

It'll either be Democrats and liberals coming here to gloat that everyone who disagrees with them as a bunch of racist ***** or it'll be a bunch of Democrats and liberals coming here to wine that everyone who disagrees with them is a bunch of racist *****.

Take your pick 

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

O'Keefe just dropped this. Grain of salt, but damn. 

I don't know the rules here..but if the guy is registered to vote and shows iD..dont they have to let him vote? I mean I don't want election volunteers denying people voting rights . What am I missing?

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The GOP was never really in danger of losing the Senate.

When the GOP only has nine Senators up for reelection and the Dems have 26, it would be bad if the GOP didn't gain at least a few seats as I'm sure the maps in 2020 and 2022 aren't as favorable.

So one thing I'm thinking is this has been more exciting than a Bills game day. I hope the results are as fun as a Bills game day but I'm worried it will be just like disappointment across the board. and frankly I don't care about any elections I just don't want to have to be told that I'm the problem with for the next 6 yrs.  Im Blaming Becky.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

So one thing I'm thinking is this has been more exciting than a Bills game day. I hope the results are as fun as a Bills game day but I'm worried it will be just like disappointment across the board. and frankly I don't care about any elections I just don't want to have to be told that I'm the problem with for the next 6 yrs.  Im Blaming Becky.

Nathan Peterman is not going to be your Congressman.

• Haha (+1) 7

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2018/house/

(seems like it might be a neat tool tonight)

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don't know the rules here..but if the guy is registered to vote and shows iD..dont they have to let him vote? I mean I don't want election volunteers denying people voting rights . What am I missing?

The issue with the poll workers is knowing they're not citizens and encouraging them to vote anyway. And admitting they know a lot of non citizens vote early, and they're cool with it. There was no boyfriend waiting in the car, I'm sure the hidden camera lady was making that up to entrap the poll worker (which is shady AF... but so too is election fraud). 

But you're right, you don't want poll workers denying the vote - which is why the real issue is with the registration of people by the DNC whom they know are not legal (or alive sometimes). Without getting into litigating the DACA issue itself (of which I'm for giving them citizenship for the most part), the reality is they can't vote. But they're given social security cards and driver's licenses in part to make it easy for the DNC to get them to vote anyway. Many are encouraged to think they can vote, and don't even know they're doing anything fraudulent when they do. 

To add to why this is strategy for the DNC: 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What did I say about listening to exit polls or early reports? 

Now add "anonymous sources" telling ABC news this information. 

And you get (likely) fake news/suppression news. 

Wait for the results before believing any of this kind of stuff, no matter if it's good or bad for your chosen side. 

Same thing in 2016. It was pretty much a done deal for Hillary. Same tactic. Calling a victory for dems to discourage the Republican voters from bothering to come out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. Everyone is being polite (by PPP standards) and helpful to all so far. 

Might change when results start coming in... or maybe it'll be a kumbaya moment for PPP. 

A man can dream.

It won't be if the Dems lose. Expect it to get very nasty quickly. With their communist DNA and all I would expect nothing less.

Edited by Dante

28 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm excited to see what is planned for the TD celebration in the end zone. They have to beat the cell phone throwback NO did on Sunday.