82 &28

Can someone tell me why these two guys are on this team. We have to have the worst TE  group in the NFL. 82 in particular seems to be beyond appalling. He can't block and have some of the stupidest penalties. 28 (Gaines) should not be playing over the kid we got from New England. The defense was considerably better went Gaines was out of the line up. How long do we have to watch these two in particular. Can we cut CHARLES CLAY TODAY.  

• Like (+1) 1

Correct. Croom does seem to have potential, despite the fumble, but that that as an effort play. What has Clay done to justify that big contract he got from the bills. Go watch the tape and look at Clay blocking. Its been horrible. He is always hurt and drops passes. He need to go.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, wppete said:

Have to watch the tape. 

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Its a Growth Mindset. ?

Right, let me check the McDermott rollodex of responses. 

It starts with a winning mindset and those come from habits. 

We have to establish the line of scrimmage before we can conceive of throwing to a Tight End. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Luka said:

I knew O'Leary leaving was going to be bad. But we had to keep the Pegula's future son in law. Maybe Thomas is dating their other daughter?

Bills really miss O'Leary's 0 catches in the last 2 Phins games.   there was zero rationale to keep him over any of the other 3, who have a higher ceiling if they can develop. 

Bottom line is that TE is a position that needs a serious upgrade.  Charles Clay has gotten a pass considering the more visible holes on offense, but to me he's the biggest problem out there.   If you take a look at the QBs ho are doing well, nearly all of them have a great TE who helps the QB.  Clay has never lived up to his contract and not only is invisible in the offense, but when he does show up, he has a knack for a backbreaking plays.

He's this decade's version of Reuben Gant.  If I were the Bills, I'd target a premier TE before I spend a nickel on a WR.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Right, let me check the McDermott rollodex of responses. 

It starts with a winning mindset and those come from habits. 

We have to establish the line of scrimmage before we can conceive of throwing to a Tight End. 

Have to trust the process and methodically watch the tape. 

Just now, wppete said:

Have to trust the process and methodically watch the tape. 

When you get your teeth kicked in, it's okay because the tape gives you a chance to see what the other team did to you, and that gives you a chance to write that down and correct those mistakes. 

Just stick with it though and continue to try and establish the running game early....