Question Regarding the QB situation

Given what we all know: Would it be better to have Josh Allen sit the rest of the season? Having him sit would allow him to get 100% healthy for next year and would allow him to actually learn how to grasp the offense and it’s concepts in a pressure free situation. Not to mention it would also put us in full tank and a better chance atthe top pick. The downside to having Josh sit is that he would be missing out on the valuable game experience he would gain week to week. However, it could also be argued that throwing him out there with the current group will continue to hurt his development and further risk injury.

Thoughts..... 

Well I could see both sides.  The issue i have is injury.  JA is hurt...DA is now hurt.  There is so little talent right now.  And with that kind of talent even if JA plays poorly will we even know what he is?  He has so little help.  And no matter how he plays hes gonna start next year anyway.  Idk. I'd like to see him out there but there need to protect him.

• Like (+1) 2

If they clear him to throw and he's not injuring himself more, he should definite play.   He needs to learn how to read the defense on the fly,,,,and how to better manage himself in the pocket.  The slick passing I expect to ramp up next season.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nope, he needs to play. This year is, and was, 100% about his development. He plays and hopefully develops. He gets next year no matter what. The Bills need to find out if he is the guy as soon as they can.

The problem is you're not going to find anything out or see any development with this oline & wr group.  He's more likely to just immediately get injured again. I realize most want him thrown back out there asap but I'd prefer do get him better protection & weapons b4 we do that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The problem is you're not going to find anything out or see any development with this oline & wr group.  He's more likely to just immediately get injured again. I realize most want him thrown back out there asap but I'd prefer do get him better protection & weapons b4 we do that.

But I thought we shouldn't invest in weapons or offense in general until we have a QB in place?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The game experience, even in meaningless games, is more important than developing on the bench. If he gets 5 more starts, we are 5 starts closer to knowing if he is the answer. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, zow2 said:

If they clear him to throw and he's not injuring himself more, he should definite play.   He needs to learn how to read the defense on the fly,,,,and how to better manage himself in the pocket.  The slick passing I expect to ramp up next season.

What pocket?

38 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Ah, logic for a change.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is exactly how I feel. With the current state of the roster I can’t see him staying healthy long enough to finish the season 

1 hour ago, End The Drought said:

Given what we all know: Would it be better to have Josh Allen sit the rest of the season? Having him sit would allow him to get 100% healthy for next year and would allow him to actually learn how to grasp the offense and it’s concepts in a pressure free situation. Not to mention it would also put us in full tank and a better chance atthe top pick. The downside to having Josh sit is that he would be missing out on the valuable game experience he would gain week to week. However, it could also be argued that throwing him out there with the current group will continue to hurt his development and further risk injury.

Thoughts..... 

Missing out on getting the crap beat out of him? That kind of knowledge is priceless

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nope, he needs to play. This year is, and was, 100% about his development. He plays and hopefully develops. He gets next year no matter what. The Bills need to find out if he is the guy as soon as they can.

I agree. However, I fear from watching college tape & live action with the Bills that if he is "the guy" he will be an average to good "guy" rather than a good to very good "guy". We shall see.