If you had a buddy who abandoned the Bills

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

not really

someone who would ditch their team to chase after another isn't someone i want to watch Bills game with

See, that's where I am too. I would still be friends with the guy, but Bills games would be off limits.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

My best friend is a Jets fan and I couldn't care less.

Has he always been a jets fan?

17 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I have been there & zero for the 70's was probably worse to me.

This guy is significantly younger than I am. Maybe that's part of the reason why.

...my son is a Fins fan....should I dump him?.................SMH..............

10 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

See, that's where I am too. I would still be friends with the guy, but Bills games would be off limits.

friendships are give and take and you each accumulate social "poker chips" in a bank account, lets you overlook things that might be dealbreakers

a friend ditching the Bills to go ***** after the Patriots next year would require a stack of poker chips to the moon to forgive....

33 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

and switched allegiance to another team could you still tailgate with that person?  Someone who I have tailgated with in the past has talked about 2019 being the year that the Bills must show improvement or he's ditching them for whatever front runner has the best unifirms.

My answer was no.  I could still share a beer with him occasionally, but tailgating would be out of the question.  There is something about the bond shared by tailgating that would prevent me from allowing him to join the group. I just have a feeling that he would spend the entire time rubbing our noses in to being sorry Bills fans.  The guy is very petty to begin with and I just know he wouldn't be a gracious winner or loser.

Am I being unreasonable?

You are not being unreasonable.

And he can't "rub you nose in being a Bills fan", since being a bandwagoner is so much worse.

I would invite him to the tailgate and then verbally accost him for being a bandwagoner. Best unis? That's rediculous. Pretty pathetic how some folks need so desperately need to be associated with a winner that they switch teams and act like it's ok, but I'm happy to shred them if they decide to try and talk *****.

20 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I attended my first game in 1968. I have an adult son who is also an avid fan of the Bills and we talk after every game. In addition I have a grandson who is just beginning his love affair with the Bills. I have been through every low this team has had. I stand by what I said. It is a game. It can create strong emotions as with any passion. However, if you are allowing it to adversely affect your life or relationships, then you need to find a better way of managing a balance between your passion for the team and the rest of your life. 

Ya see, it was a joke...1959 was a dead giveaway.

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

yeah, but what if he cheered for a real team and went on and on about it

I don't even have friends that are Pats fans that go on and on about how good they are.  Or I just don't care that they do.  Red sox fans though, I know plenty of those and yea, it gets annoying.

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

No.  He change to the Jets in the early years of the drought (2001-2003ish).

Actually I remember it was 2001.  We both skipped work to go to the Bills-Panthers game and got tickets on the 50, 20 rows up for like $30 since they were so bad that year.  He put 100 on the Panthers and lost so he basically said "F this team".

Edited by The Wiz

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

No.  He change to the Jets in the early years of the drought (2001-2003ish).

I would say something my Sicilian GF would, but karma might get me.

i hope you don’t buy him any jets gear.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Maybe he’s prepping you for another change he’s making. 

What are your thoughts about tummy sticks?

He’s a friendly sort. What is a tummy stick?

Edited by Cripple Creek

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

I would say something my Sicilian GF would, but karma might get me.

i hope you don’t buy him any jets gear.

I did buy him a Sanchez bobble head.  Shortly after the butt fumble.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

and switched allegiance to another team could you still tailgate with that person?  Someone who I have tailgated with in the past has talked about 2019 being the year that the Bills must show improvement or he's ditching them for whatever front runner has the best unifirms.

My answer was no.  I could still share a beer with him occasionally, but tailgating would be out of the question.  There is something about the bond shared by tailgating that would prevent me from allowing him to join the group. I just have a feeling that he would spend the entire time rubbing our noses in to being sorry Bills fans.  The guy is very petty to begin with and I just know he wouldn't be a gracious winner or loser.

Am I being unreasonable?

He’s the petty one?

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Apparently you and I are the same person! Which was your first game? Do you remember the opponent.

It's illegal for one user to have two usernames/accounts.  You've been reported.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1