McCoy deserves better...

Believer

With the start this season and the injuries, the Bills are looking at another rebuild year... Disappointed in Beane not finding a place to trade Shady McCoy... He has been an all in performer for the team since he arrived... At 30, this future HoF back deserves to end his career with a contender and a shot at the Super Bowl... 

• Like (+1) 2

Why?  He has played as poorly as the rest of the team...why is he getting a pass...Look at the effort provided by Ivory while running between the tackles when McCoy has danced around in the backfield.  Yesterday was a pathetic performance by McCoy...He had 1 Net Yard in 11 plays.....A star player does better than that even without a good supporting cast...I can't give a pass to McCoy

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

Why?  He has played as poorly as the rest of the team...why is he getting a pass...Look at the effort provided by Ivory while running between the tackles when McCoy has danced around in the backfield.  Yesterday was a pathetic performance by McCoy...He had 1 Net Yard in 11 plays.....A star player does better than that even without a good supporting cast...I can't give a pass to McCoy

he had over 80 yards receiving

Tired of the "deserves" stuff. They guy is being very well compensated. His running style is part of the Bills problem on offense. Dancing around for a 2 yard loss rather than hit the hole for a 2 yard gain puts us in 2nd and long. Ivory is much better suited for,this team as a runner.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Tired of the "deserves" stuff. They guy is being very well compensated. His running style is part of the Bills problem on offense. Dancing around for a 2 yard loss rather than hit the hole for a 2 yard gain puts us in 2nd and long. Ivory is much better suited for,this team as a runner.

and that says a lot more about the team than it does mccoys abilities.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, ganesh said:

If that's how you feel they why not dump him?

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

He starts games out by starting that bounce to the outside crap and puts the team in bad positions. You wait till you get into the flow of the game before you do your cutonadime BS. He can stay and get hammered like the rest of us lol

Edited by TheBeaneBandit

4 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

He starts games out by starting that bounce to the outside crap and puts the team in bad positions. You wait till you get into the flow of the game before you do your cutonadime BS. He can stay and get hammered like the rest of us lol

BS. lol..... because it obviously hasn't worked for him the first 9 years of his career when he had any semblance of average run blocking. 

3 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

Dumb, McCoy being bad is a primary reason why we've been so bad, not the other way around.

right. that's probably why the eagles were calling about him..... solid take, bruh.

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

and that says a lot more about the team than it does mccoys abilities.

Not really. Says that age and injury have limited his abilities. He isn't really "Cut on Dimes" anymore. He's more "Hop and Drop".

He can still be effective in the pass game where hes already in space. He can still likely have some success as a change of pace back. Let Ivory come in and punish opposing front 7s and then bring McCoy in. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Not really. Says that age and injury have limited his abilities. He isn't really "Cut on Dimes" anymore. He's more "Hop and Drop".

He can still be effective in the pass game where hes already in space. He can still likely have some success as a change of pace back. Let Ivory come in and punish opposing front 7s and then bring McCoy in. 

LOL! Hop n drop McCoy it is! 

6 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

so a guy who's coming off being top 5 in scrimmage yds among backs and was arguably the best player on the field back in a January playoff game on a bum ankle all of a sudden doesn't have it. 

ya. that makes sense. its gotta be him. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

IMHO putting Shady and Ivory in same backfield then motioning Shady out as a WR would give Defenses fits.  Shady had over 80 yds receiving last week and would force teams to stay in a base D to respect the 2 RB look (cue to pass option) or play an extra DB to account for Shady as WR (cue the run play).  We get a guy out of the box that's there now.

I put Shady in space to take advantage of his skill set and use Ivory as the between the Tackles runner.

• Like (+1) 1

I love Shady as much as the next guy but he needs to run friggin forward more often than he does.

Pick ur spots to juke and jive.

Although I was hoping for a trade, a part of me is still glad we didn’t move him. I want to see him behind an improved line next season.

He has been a great Bill. Talented and tough as nails.

53 minutes ago, Believer said:

With the start this season and the injuries, the Bills are looking at another rebuild year... Disappointed in Beane not finding a place to trade Shady McCoy... He has been an all in performer for the team since he arrived... At 30, this future HoF back deserves to end his career with a contender and a shot at the Super Bowl... 

Agreed. He deserves that much. It's a shame he won't get an opportunity here to be part of a title contender. This is officially a rebuild project on the offensive side of the ball

Edited by BmarvB
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Believer said:

While I'm definitely on the bleeding heart side of the spectrum, I'll never get this logic. I'm sorry to characterize it like this, but it feels kind of a self-loathing fan mentality. You want your player to fight to win with your team, and fortunes can change fast. As a captain, there's a good chance Shady has bought into this rebuild and could feel like this team will be a contender sooner than you do, believes he is slowing down a lot more gradually than you probably do, and wants to be a part of what McDermott is building. We don't know, he might have told them he didn't particularly want to leave a team that stood by him throughout adversity. 

• Like (+1) 1