Name something someone did at a store once to make you never return

Another Fan

56 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No one in the barber seats; no one waiting.  Woman comes out from the back

see, yall losing me here..i don't think barbershop means what you think it means...barbershop means men cutting mens hair..aint no stinking women around.

You my friend went to the "salon"

• Haha (+1) 1

I won't go back to The Flamingo in Las Vegas if and when I ever return.  My wife and I arrived late one night (flight got in around 12am) and we stood in line to check in.  Line wasn't all that long, but I knew we'd have to wait a bit.  Wait time was doubled as they had to take care of the "premium" members first, who keep showing up from time to time(which I get.  Annoying, but I get it).  After about an hour in line, we get up to the desk and the person starts to check us in.  He then tells us that our room isn't ready and we'd have to wait 45 minutes while they get it ready.  At which point, I'm incredulous of that fact as it's now 1am and technically, that room should have been ready by 4pm earlier.  They tell us that we can go enjoy a meal at one of their restaurants on them.  Problem is, most of the places are closed at this point and it's 1am.  My wife and I aren't hungry.  We just want to get to bed.  So, I told them that it was an unacceptable arrangement.  They agreed to put us in a different room for the night and we would be able to transfer to the booked room in the morning.  In the morning, I go down to get us moved over only to have them tell us that they don't have the room we booked.  Basically, I was told I was out of luck.  Didn't work with me to get things fixed.  So we won't go back there.

Edit:  Oh I forgot.  When we finally got our keycard to the room the first night (nearly 1:30am), we go up and the cards do not work.  Had to go back down and wait again, though nearly not as long as before.

Edited by seregil42

36 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

see, yall losing me here..i don't think barbershop means what you think it means...barbershop means men cutting mens hair..aint no stinking women around.

You my friend went to the "salon"

Actually, this particular barbershop is one of two shops in my town with actual barbers.  The other one, the barbershop I now frequent, also has female barbers.  Other barbershops in town have men "barbers," but they've got the quickie certificates.

My barber (Patti) explained to me that there's a new wave of "barbers," who are barely qualified.  Others - as you stated - are "stylists."  There was another barbershop that changed hands recently.  It had been manned by an actual barber, but he retired/sold the shop ... to a female.  She ran an ad in the local paper touting that they were the, "oldest barbershop in town."  Patti actually called her and told her, "you're not a barber; you're a stylist and your ad is wrong."  Patti trained under an old school barber who'd had a shop since the early 70s.  When he retired, Patti bought the shop and kept the name.  So SHE actually has the oldest barbershop in town and was happy to tell the other woman what way is up.

Some of the worst cuts I've had have been from male "barbers."  There are real women barbers out there as much as there are fake male barbers.

Few years ago I gave Uber driving a shot for some extra money, I picked up two guys from a residential address. They entered the car and smelt like they had rolled around at the local animal shelter and cleaned the floors with their faces. Turns out they are heading into work, dishwashers at the 99’. I don’t think I have been into one since that day. 

That smell was stuck in my nose for hours. 

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Actually, this particular barbershop is one of two shops in my town with actual barbers.  The other one, the barbershop I now frequent, also has female barbers.  Other barbershops in town have men "barbers," but they've got the quickie certificates.

My barber (Patti) explained to me that there's a new wave of "barbers," who are barely qualified.  Others - as you stated - are "stylists."  There was another barbershop that changed hands recently.  It had been manned by an actual barber, but he retired/sold the shop ... to a female.  She ran an ad in the local paper touting that they were the, "oldest barbershop in town."  Patti actually called her and told her, "you're not a barber; you're a stylist and your ad is wrong."  Patti trained under an old school barber who'd had a shop since the early 70s.  When he retired, Patti bought the shop and kept the name.  So SHE actually has the oldest barbershop in town and was happy to tell the other woman what way is up.

Some of the worst cuts I've had have been from male "barbers."  There are real women barbers out there as much as there are fake male barbers.

Patti?

13482623035_02cbd2d4b8.jpg

Steak stone and sushi.  Took 2 hours to serve raw meat that you still have to cook at the table. My steak was cut into many times at different angles. Looked like it was thrown thru a wood chipper. 

The first persons plate came out 45 mins before the last persons plate and they ordered the same thing. Parts of dishes came out ice cold. We ask for a manager and the employees start acting weird.

The "manager" comes and all she can say is "were a nice restaurant". We're all like nice restaurants don't serve this as I held up my koosh ball of steak. We said just give us the check and we're leaving.  

It took another hour and a half for them to bring our check.  They over charged us on a few things. So we asked for the owner. Showing him the menu and comparing the prices to the check.  Johnny Chi the owner started to call us stupid and kept laughing that he was trying to screw us over. We said give us the correct check or were leaving. We've been here going on 5 hours for raw meat and cold rice and veggies. The owner called the police.

Another half hour goes by. Police come and get mad at the owner for wasting their time telling him to hurry up and give us the check so we can pay and leave.  Owner gives us another check with an insane gratuity added to it and a bottle of wine that was over the listed price on menu. We figured out the difference with the cop paid and left. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

8 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Steak stone and sushi.  Took 2 hours to serve raw meat that you still have to cook at the table. My steak was cut into many times at different angles. Looked like it was thrown thru a wood chipper. 

The first persons plate came out 45 mins before the last persons plate and they ordered the same thing. Parts of dishes came out ice cold. We ask for a manager and the employees start acting weird.

The "manager" comes and all she can say is "were a nice restaurant". We're all like nice restaurants don't serve this as I held up my koosh ball of steak. We said just give us the check and we're leaving.  

It took another hour and a half for them to bring our check.  They over charged us on a few things. So we asked for the owner. Showing him the menu and comparing the prices to the check.  Johnny Chi the owner started to call us stupid and kept laughing that he was trying to screw us over. We said give us the correct check or were leaving. We've been here going on 5 hours for raw meat and cold rice and veggies. The owner called the police.

Another half hour goes by. Police come and get mad at the owner for wasting their time telling him to hurry up and give us the check so we can pay and leave.  Owner gives us another check with an insane gratuity added to it and a bottle of wine that was over the listed price on menu. We figured out the difference with the cop paid and left. 

That's....messed up.

I was at a Home Depot one day and I watched some guy yell at truck in the parking lot and then smash in his windshield.  I never felt like going back after that.  To make matters worse, the lumber I bought broke before I could actually use it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

why on Gods green earth would you wait and hour and a half for a check? This has got to be an exaggeration. I would have said "no need for a check, we ain't paying" ..or even if you wanted to pay be out of there in 10 minutes if no check came. Yall are too nice!

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Doth does protest too much? 

You go the ladies stylist, just admit it! Real men go to real men barbers!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

You go the ladies stylist, just admit it! Real men go to real men barbers!!!!!

Which of these two trades are responsible for the latest look?:  Tupperware Bowl #2 white walls, with excess hair folded up into a ball / bun that the wearer thinks makes them a samurai, when they really look like Great Aunt Fanny.  Top that off with a beard that probably contains a bird's nest, and Tuesday's lunch.  That's style, and/or good grooming?!

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I actually had something very similar happen to me at a barbershop.  I went there early afternoon; they were open.  No one in the barber seats; no one waiting.  Woman comes out from the back, looking as if I'm putting her out, and I asked for a haircut.  She said, "we don't have any openings until later in the afternoon."  I get a basic cut; 1 or 2 on the back/sides, fade it up, brush the top forward.  It's a 10 minute cut, at most.

It was obvious that she just didn't want to cut my hair.

Never went back; never will.

Yeah I kind of got the vibes he just didn’t want to cut my hair as well that night.  I mean it’s ultimately insignificant stuff.  Maybe I’ll go back maybe I won’t.  

Theres plenty of other barbers around here as well.  

20 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How about the Lexus Club @ KeyBank Arena... The buffet pre-Sabres game is nice.  Had it last night before the Calgary Game. That's our go too pregame meal.

Good friend of mine manages that club.......she would never let it get bad. Delaware North owns it, BTW.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:18 AM, seregil42 said:

Edit:  Oh I forgot.  When we finally got our keycard to the room the first night (nearly 1:30am), we go up and the cards do not work.  Had to go back down and wait again, though nearly not as long as before.

I was staying at a hotel in NH a few years ago. Checking in and we are given the card to the room. Open the door and someone's suitcase is sitting there in the room. Go back to the desk and they give us another room card. Go to that room, and we can't get in, because someone is already in that room with the deadbolt on. Go back down and the desk clerk goes and checks that the third room he was going to give us is actually empty before giving us the cards. We put a chair in front of the door just in case that night. 

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, shrader said:

I was at a Home Depot one day and I watched some guy yell at truck in the parking lot and then smash in his windshield.  I never felt like going back after that.  To make matters worse, the lumber I bought broke before I could actually use it.

Funny, I heard the same thing happened at a Lowes in NC recently. 

56 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I was staying at a hotel in NH a few years ago. Checking in and we are given the card to the room. Open the door and someone's suitcase is sitting there in the room. Go back to the desk and they give us another room card. Go to that room, and we can't get in, because someone is already in that room with the deadbolt on. Go back down and the desk clerk goes and checks that the third room he was going to give us is actually empty before giving us the cards. We put a chair in front of the door just in case that night. 

I was flying to Vegas a couple years ago and thanks to some flight cancellations/delays, we wound up having the spend the night in LA.  We got into the hotel thereat around 1am pacific time, so needless to say, we're completely exhausted at that point.  As we walk into the room, the sink is detached from the wall and there's a bag of tools sitting next to it.  We were so damn tired that we almost said screw it and kept the room, but that bag of tools made me think it was very likely someone would be back to either do more work or to at least pick up the bag.  So we had to go back to the lobby and get a new room.

I don't ever plan on being randomly redirected though LA again in the middle of the night, but if I do, I'm not going back to that hotel.  Of course, I don't even remember the name of it.

56 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Ahhh crap, wrong store.

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I went on a 4 night trip to Cedar Point. We'd been in there two nights already, when we go to our hotel room around lunch time, there were people in our room, making themselves comfortable. We should have known when there was a thong just sitting out in the room the first day we got there.

41 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

We should have known when there was a thong just sitting out in the room the first day we got there.

The clerk in charge of assigning rooms must have served on a nuclear submarine.  'Thong' as in the really uncomfortable 'flip-flop' shoe?