IF THE BILLS WERE TO EVER LEAVE BUFFALO

Irv

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

They suck so bad nobody would want them 

?

Back in '95 when the Browns made their moving announcement, my wife, who at the time knew very little about football, asked, "Why would another city want the Browns?"

2 hours ago, The Drought said:

These are always popping up during the off season, it's hardly an original idea. But when they show up at the midway point of the regular season, you know your team sucks.

It's stupid but you just have to let it die its usual death.

You should power slam yourself through a burning table. You will feel better.  

Edited by Irv

I am already fading on the NFL, "it has gone from Sunday is football day and i something interrupts it, it had better be an emergency" to "Lets see what is happening in the Bills game, oh no 14-0, its a nice fall day, lets go outside".    If the Bills ever left, I am certain that i would stick to college football, and as far as NFL only watch the playoffs and super bowl as part of a get together where the primary goal was catching up with everyone, but the game was in the background,  

Pretty easy choice for me. It would have to be:

1). an NFC team

2). a smallish city with a culture similar to Buffalo's

3). a cold-weather/non-dome team (football was meant to be played outdoors, sissies)

4). a team that doesn't torture its fans year in and year out (If I'm going to marry again, it'll be for the MONEY!)

I already root for the Packers when they're not playing the Bills.

11 hours ago, Irv said:

If the Bills were to ever leave Buffalo and become say, the St Louis Bills.  Would you still be a Bills fan or would you pick another team and who would that be?  I'm not entirely sure but I think I would become a Steelers fan or maybe just stop watching NFL completely.

I really like McDermott so if he went then I would but not if he wasnt.

I would use the freedom to pick the team that played the way I like ,which is becoming increasingly more difficult do to the Nancy - fication of the NFL.

I might just pick a team with a player that I like. I rooted for Tampa the whole time Alstott was there, still miss him running the ball, there hasn't been anybody like him since.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't get the "I would never watch the NFL again" people. If you are so ambivalent towards football in the first place then why watch even now? I would still watch. I doubt I would have the same fandom as I do for the Bills, but there are already several teams I have soft spots for because of players or coaches I like so I imagine I'd watch their games more and then probably adopt whichever team ends up as the London team eventually. It isn't happening though. I feel like the Pegula family are in for the long haul. 

My interest is a lot less in football now, when I see the upcoming slate of games you couldn’t pay me to watch more than 2 or 3 each week

The bills are always watched and all playoff games are watched

I can tell you from a well connected source (not dunkirk don lol) that UB has been frustrated with the Bills because they take so much attention from their team and had the team moved the amount of money that would've been pumped in to push UB as the football team of WNY would've been ginormous. Obviously they are still trying hard and once the Pegula's bought the team it became a mute point for UB to think super big, but it is an interesting other universe question of how UB's football team which is dominating currently would be received and how it would've been promoted.

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

My interest is a lot less in football now, when I see the upcoming slate of games you couldn’t pay me to watch more than 2 or 3 each week

The bills are always watched and all playoff games are watched

me too.  the chances of spending hours every sunday watching another team is probably none for me, playoffs excluded.

16 minutes ago, teef said:

me too.  the chances of spending hours every sunday watching another team is probably none for me, playoffs excluded.

the NFL has a hold on fans watching playoffs without their team, the numbers are minimal for watching the World Series unless your team or the Yankees is involved.

HOW MANY OF YOU BILLS FANS DO NOT WATCH NFL PLAYOFF GAMES?  you haven't watched a Super Bowl since the Bills were in one?

17 hours ago, Irv said:

You should power slam yourself through a burning table. You will feel better.  

That's what I do before every post, if I don't feel better afterwards, I still post it.

If the Bills left town, will it still be acceptable to power slam myself through a burning table. To lose your team and this therapeutic relief might just prove to be too much.

• Like (+1) 1